Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Alaska should have fought for better gates, but instead they rolled-over and let Massport dictate terms.
Really??? Massport is notoriously difficult to deal with and they pay little attention to the smaller carriers. However, with the VX merger, AS will have a bit more clout.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AC 25K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I certainly don't blame you. But why not fly jetBlue? They're in the good part of Terminal C and have non-stops to SAN.
Excellent question. I'll probably check it out next year when B6 starts flying Mint on that route.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Howard
Excellent question. I'll probably check it out next year when B6 starts flying Mint on that route.
It's actually coming to BOS-SAN in December. Can't wait until it appears on BOS-SEA. And for what it's worth, B6 has my favorite Y experience of any US carrier, largely thanks to the free and actually useable WiFi.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 10:11 am

Flying PDX-BOS this weekend; I assume no update on the gate situation? Avoid going through security as long as possible on the return?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
No changes. Last time I was through there a few weeks ago, it was back down to PreCheck-Lite, so watch out for that when deciding when to head past security.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:42 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Adding insult to the injury of my atrocious record of fail at upgrades on SEA-BOS BOS-SEA that PreCheck lite lane is surly and slow.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Kieron
No changes. Last time I was through there a few weeks ago, it was back down to PreCheck-Lite, so watch out for that when deciding when to head past security.
Flew BOS SEA on 8/24 on the morning flight, there was TSA Pre (tight squeeze on the left) but it was the real deal, no taking out laptops, no taking out liquids, etc.) This was for the morning flights, maybe the evening flights are the TSA lite?
This terminal is still the worst one to fly into or out of IMHO.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ctporter
Flew BOS SEA on 8/24 on the morning flight, there was TSA Pre (tight squeeze on the left) but it was the real deal, no taking out laptops, no taking out liquids, etc.) This was for the morning flights, maybe the evening flights are the TSA lite?
Could well be, I was on the evening flight. It's reasonably busy in the terminal around that time, with the SAN and (VX) SFO departures close by - wish they had both lines open.

Originally Posted by ctporter
This terminal is still the worst one to fly into or out of IMHO.
No arguments from me. The silver lining of the heavy traffic getting to Logan was that I didn't spend much time in the terminal....
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Every time I see this thread title on the mobile site, I get really excited by the idea that AS is moving out of Terminal C. Then, after opening the thread, I realize that the thread is two years old and is referring to moving to Terminal C.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:24 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Mod note: Thread title has been edited to be more informative.

dayone, AS/VX Moderator
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:45 pm

Precheck-lite this afternoon. After flying in and out my wife said "never doing this again" until Alaska gets new gates. Hard to believe they'd allow themselves to end up in this situation on anything more than a very short-term basis.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Precheck-lite this afternoon. After flying in and out my wife said "never doing this again" until Alaska gets new gates. Hard to believe they'd allow themselves to end up in this situation on anything more than a very short-term basis.
I still haven't flown AS out of BOS since the terminal change. I'm likely going to lose my status and become a free agent come 2019, so between the the lack of Pre for AS and B6's better Y product (and cheap Mint fares when I want to splurge), that's most likely going to remain true.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Anyone know what the plan is for AS at BOS? Originally, as I understood it, the terminal E reconstruction was going to take 2 years and WN would move back in, allowing AS to move back to A. But with so much international expansion at Logan, I have a hard time seeing WN moving back to E when the reconstruction is done. Is AS/VX stuck where they are for an indefinite amount of time?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Originally Posted by jinglish
I still haven't flown AS out of BOS since the terminal change. I'm likely going to lose my status and become a free agent come 2019, so between the the lack of Pre for AS and B6's better Y product (and cheap Mint fares when I want to splurge), that's most likely going to remain true.
Same - I haven't flown AS out of BOS in a year now. I'll often book us on B6 out, and then take the better timed (or priced, but they're often the same) AS or B6 flight back. Flying back into C40-42 doesn't bother me much.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:29 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
Anyone know what the plan is for AS at BOS? Originally, as I understood it, the terminal E reconstruction was going to take 2 years and WN would move back in, allowing AS to move back to A. But with so much international expansion at Logan, I have a hard time seeing WN moving back to E when the reconstruction is done. Is AS/VX stuck where they are for an indefinite amount of time?
Given the DL / AS "divorce", I would be surprised to see AS move back to A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.