Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Any update on PreCheck out of BOS? We’re flying BOS-PDX (4:35 PM departure) in December. Trying to decide whether to split our three-person reservation, which would make us all eligible for (immediately available) upgrades on other flights in the reservation but cost my spouse PreCheck (which she always gets when on a reservation with me but not otherwise).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
PreCheck doesn't really help you at all for the as/vx gates in Boston. At most there are two maybe three flights boarding so not a lot of people. They are random when they have PreCheck open there anyway. Most of the time for me it is PreCheck lite.

Sit right outside of security by the Dunks until right before the plane starts to board. You can see the line.

Upgrade for suuuuure.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Spiffieman
upgrade for suuuuure.
Thanks. It would be upgrading PDX-SEA on an E75 on a different day; I doubt we’ll clear BOS-PDX, so the upgrade isn’t such a big deal. It would also cost us precheck out of PDX on a Monday morning.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ashill
Thanks. It would be upgrading PDX-SEA on an E75 on a different day; I doubt we’ll clear BOS-PDX, so the upgrade isn’t such a big deal. It would also cost us precheck out of PDX on a Monday morning.
I'd say PreCheck (even if the lite flavor) and (assuming you're MVPG or higher) joint "premium" cut the line access are more valuable than a PDX-SEA upgrade.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Also no guarantee that your PDX-SEA F seat won't disappear with an aircraft change last minute as happened to me. I booked PDX-SEA-MSY with a GGU and chose an earlier flight to SEA than I needed for the E175 F. When we arrived at the gate thč E175 was substituted with the Q400. From SEA-MSY we still had F. I contacted Alaska and told them of my disappointment. They quickly replied with an apology and added two new GGU's to my account even though the SEA-MSY F was secured. Needless to say I was happy and impressed too. I value the TSA Pre a lot more than the 25 minute flight to Seattle in Y. Even if the Pre Check is not operating in BOS you can still bypass the regular line and be processed ahead of everyone else without Pre.

James
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Any update on PreCheck out of BOS? We’re flying BOS-PDX (4:35 PM departure) in December. Trying to decide whether to split our three-person reservation, which would make us all eligible for (immediately available) upgrades on other flights in the reservation but cost my spouse PreCheck (which she always gets when on a reservation with me but not otherwise).
there was indeed a dedicated TSA Pre lane at BOS last Tues (28 Nov) ... looooong line from the main part of the terminal as we headed down the corridor to Gates 40-42, but the left side split off into its own section and there were maybe five people ahead of us (this was ~0600 for the 0710 SEA flight)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
You wont be that lucky.
My flight is 2 weeks away, and you're right. At least there is precheck now!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by quemalo
My flight is 2 weeks away, and you're right. At least there is precheck now!
2 fridays ago it was open. friday that just passed it was closed so expedited only. Security was super slow thankfully not a ton of people in line but . TSA ID checker had to stop checking ID's because there was no room between her and the 1 x-ray belt going.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
i can see why alot of you hate Boston. Thankfully was able to go over to the Admirals Lounge as I had about 2.5 hours between my Cape Air & Alaska flight. Just wish we had a secure walkway to the B gates.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 6:51 pm

good news is that in the next year or so, AS will probably move out of Terminal C and into B.
ashill likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
i can see why alot of you hate Boston. Thankfully was able to go over to the Admirals Lounge as I had about 2.5 hours between my Cape Air & Alaska flight. Just wish we had a secure walkway to the B gates.
Was Precheck up and running for you? +1 and I were going to try to get into C and walk over to AF lounge but with only 2 hours we said forget it and went to AS gates while Pre was still running.

Originally Posted by tphuang
good news is that in the next year or so, AS will probably move out of Terminal C and into B.
Good as in much bigger terminal and more amenities. However no PP lounge options and with all the OAL activities, security its much more of a pain in the rear.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
yeah, PreCheck was open for the PDX flight. It seems there's an LAX VX flight at the same time. Gate house was fairly crowded.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AS 75k, SEA-BOS expert level 2000
Where did you get that information?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Spiffieman
Where did you get that information?
JetBlue is going to get pretty much all of Terminal C in the near future (per their recent 10-K). Delta will have all of Terminal A. International is at Terminal E. Outside of Cape air and maybe Aer Lingus/TP, everyone else is moving to Terminal B.
Spiffieman likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
JetBlue is going to get pretty much all of Terminal C in the near future (per their recent 10-K). Delta will have all of Terminal A. International is at Terminal E. Outside of Cape air and maybe Aer Lingus/TP, everyone else is moving to Terminal B.
Alaska is moving to gate B35 and B36 in June 2019.
Southwest is moving to gates B32, B33, B34 and B35A

Gates B30 and B31 remain unclaimed in the current plan, and that could be overflow for AS/WN and/or serve as the AC gates (AA is moving to B1-B20, and will be sharing B1-3 with AC for the time being).

Slides 119 and up in this presentation http://www.massport.com/media/2704/0..._watermark.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.