Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Operations to Move (Again) to Terminal B Gates 35A-36 (10/16/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by rune87
PreCheck took less than 10 minutes to get through. It seems to que rather smoothly. 2 lines for that.
Is it now a FULL PreCheck experience? At all hours? Or still more of the PreCheck Lite BS?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Is it now a FULL PreCheck experience? At all hours? Or still more of the PreCheck Lite BS?
I had full TSA on Saturday at 5pm.
Eurynom0s likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I would certainly expect the terminal that houses all of UA and all of AA (BOS if of course one of the largest outstations for both) in addition to AS to have sufficient demand for full PreCheck at virtually all times. (Maybe at some times they won't have PreCheck at all checkpoints; I don't know.)
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by twitch76
I had full TSA on Saturday at 5pm.
Originally Posted by ashill
I would certainly expect the terminal that houses all of UA and all of AA (BOS if of course one of the largest outstations for both) in addition to AS to have sufficient demand for full PreCheck at virtually all times. (Maybe at some times they won't have PreCheck at all checkpoints; I don't know.)
Definitely one of the things I've been looking forward to with this, I had one time where they weren't running a Precheck lane at the C terminal and the line was long enough that I'm pretty sure I would have missed my flight if I hadn't had access to the express lane (I was MVP Gold at the time). The situation also made the pre-security PP restaurant there seem worthless since it felt like you were really rolling the dice on how long/slow the security line would be once you were done eating.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Yep. Real Precheck. Not the Precheck lite that seemed all too common. Dedicated Lanes, people checking boarding passes.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That third gate might have been important- I’m sitting on a plane that landed about 5 minutes late but we’ve been waiting 45 minutes for a gate. The departing flight had just started boarding when we got to the taxiway.

eta: we actually arrived early. The app updates the scheduled arrival time based on takeoff time and predictions, so I had to go look at my pdf itinerary. Still going to be at least a half hour later than originally scheduled.

Last edited by chrisl137; Oct 21, 2019 at 3:51 pm
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by chrisl137
That third gate might have been important- I’m sitting on a plane that landed about 5 minutes late but we’ve been waiting 45 minutes for a gate. The departing flight had just started boarding when we got to the taxiway.

eta: we actually arrived early. The app updates the scheduled arrival time based on takeoff time and predictions, so I had to go look at my pdf itinerary. Still going to be at least a half hour later than originally scheduled.
Looks like business as usual. I hope they offered the $50 CS voucher, check your email box for i'm sorry email or complain online.
chrisl137 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
It is definitely a 10 minute walk to get to the AS gates from the Admiral Club.Club is decent - they were doing custom made guacamole when I was there last Tuesday.
Eurynom0s likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AS 1MM/MVPG, AS Lounge, DL SkyClub (Life), Hertz 5* -- AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by mtnsider
It is definitely a 10 minute walk to get to the AS gates from the Admiral Club.Club is decent - they were doing custom made guacamole when I was there last Tuesday.
Nice to have 10 min walk as DP, for use next year.

Custom guac is a "feature" of the AC's - certain times, maybe certain days. I've had this at AC in ORD, BOS, SFO (pre-exclusion of AS), inter alios locos. Now that quid pro quo is in current use, maybe we can have more Latin on FT.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:21 pm

So granted we were 45 minutes early, but we've been on the ground stuck on the plane for a solid 30 minutes now. I don't remember these kinds of waits landing early at the old terminal.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
So granted we were 45 minutes early, but we've been on the ground stuck on the plane for a solid 30 minutes now. I don't remember these kinds of waits landing early at the old terminal.
Definitely had them at the old terminal last time I flew in (late Aug) as well. Arrived 30-40 mins early, pulled up to gate about 10 mins late. Sounds like that tight alleyway is worse, though.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:59 pm

Definitely had them at the old terminal last time I flew in (late Aug) as well. Arrived 30-40 mins early, pulled up to gate about 10 mins late. Sounds like that tight alleyway is worse, though.
We did eventually get off the plane about 10 minutes early. It's funny how arriving and sitting on the ground feels so much worse than being in the air longer instead.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by mtnsider
So I'm on my return trip now and I'd agree with 10, but I'd say give yourself 15-20 if you've never been through this terminal before so that you aren't cutting it close if you get lost. I found some of the arrows on the signage kind of ambiguous as to where they were pointing and as a result managed to go down a couple of dead end gate areas. It wasn't that hard to get myself sorted out but it did cost me a few minutes I wouldn't have had if I'd set out from the Admirals Club exactly 10 minutes before boarding
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:50 pm

Fun fun fun...I've been sitting on this plane bound for Los Angeles from Boston stuck on the ground for over 1.5 hours now because the Logan ground crew hit the ground side electrical connection, which led to having to swap out the pilot's avionics system. Now it's working but it took forever to get the paperwork done.

[edit] Finally pushing back 1h20m late. So with group B boarding, nearly two hours total butt in seat without even leaving the gate.

Last edited by Eurynom0s; Nov 3, 2019 at 6:00 pm
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:25 pm

Can you access terminal C from terminal B without re-clearing security? trying to figure out my Priority Pass strategy during a layover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.