Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:19 pm

Is it not possible to SDC a SFO-EWR flight to SFO-JFK flight?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by alaskaforlife
Is it not possible to SDC a SFO-EWR flight to SFO-JFK flight?
Technically even co-terminal changes are not permitted, though in practice, I've been successful (as an MVPG - if MVP or no-status, your experience may be different) at changing between co-terminal departure/arrivals a number of times. Unfortunately, AS does not count EWR and JFK as co-terminals. Even IAD/DCA are not considered co-terminals which seems insane to me.
Per fare rules, the only airports AS considers co-terminals are: SFO/OAK/SJC, LAX/SNA/BUR/ONT, PAE/SEA
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Technically even co-terminal changes are not permitted, though in practice, I've been successful (as an MVPG - if MVP or no-status, your experience may be different) at changing between co-terminal departure/arrivals a number of times. Unfortunately, AS does not count EWR and JFK as co-terminals. Even IAD/DCA are not considered co-terminals which seems insane to me.
Per fare rules, the only airports AS considers co-terminals are: SFO/OAK/SJC, LAX/SNA/BUR/ONT, PAE/SEA
Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA

I'll second being able to change between SFO/OAK/SJC co-terminals as MVPG
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I have done several SDCs that involved routing changes including adding segments as a 75K. IME they are only possible on the phone and they collect taxes for extra segments. I know that others have seen the same. It appears that in these cases they are reissuing the ticket completely as I get a ticket email whereas if I do a simple SDC via app I do not get a ticket email.

1) Is routing change an actual policy change for 75k (and MVPG?) or is it an exception on an as needed basis when no other solution is available? I don't want to burn up all my goodwill if it is an exception based system.
2) My SO is just MVPG and so far hasn't been able to change routing/add segments, but it sounds like maybe some other MVPG have?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
successfully changed tonight’s EWR-PDX-PAE to EWR-PDX-SEA over the phone ... unfortunately SEA-EWR is posted 15 min late departure, so the chances of dashing onto the nonstop return have pretty much vanished
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was able to change my SJC PAE flight to SJC SEA. I had a choice of three different flights to select from actually, all getting me into SEA earlier than I would have gotten into PAE. I chose the one that was a 2 hr delay because the timing worked for my DH to pick me up at SEA. The phone agent laughed and said not many would deliberately go for a flight that is delayed.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
despite late push, AS8 landed EWR ~25 min before AS11 (EWR-SEA) departure ... got on the phone with the 75K desk as we cleared the runway, and by the time we blocked in (T-17) the agent was telling me everything was ok ... got to the adjacent gate ~T-12 as the GA was calling for two other pax, showed my BPs for EWR-PDX-SEA and said I was waiting for reissue to finish ... she said the flight was closed, and they actually pushed at T-7

fortunately the phone agent was able to get my F seats back on the original flights

PSA: the Admirals Club closed at 1700 today; not sure if this is their normal schedule
Old Jan 16, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I used AS miles for a first class award and DFW-SEA is in first (A), but SEA-PDX is in coach (W) unless A space opens up. If I want to SDC to a later SEA-PDX flight, do I still pay the $25 fee or will the fact that I'm on a first class award make any difference. I know it would if SEA-PDX was in A class (based on the website).
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt EXPL, *all* the CC statuses
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I used AS miles for a first class award and DFW-SEA is in first (A), but SEA-PDX is in coach (W) unless A space opens up. If I want to SDC to a later SEA-PDX flight, do I still pay the $25 fee or will the fact that I'm on a first class award make any difference. I know it would if SEA-PDX was in A class (based on the website).
The only situation which says "Free" on the fee table is MVPG/75k so I can't see why the fee wouldn't apply:

Since it's a shuttle market, you could do a free same-day standby, though unless the flight times were really close I don't think you'd be cleared for a later flight before yours departs.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sudobuntu
The only situation which says "Free" on the fee table is MVPG/75k so I can't see why the fee wouldn't apply:

Since it's a shuttle market, you could do a free same-day standby, though unless the flight times were really close I don't think you'd be cleared for a later flight before yours departs.
Yeah, I see that now....thanks for clarifying.....I arrive at 12:55am and am planning to get a hotel so I have no intention of taking the 6am SEA-PDX I'm currently scheduled on....seems like a good use of the $25 to confirm a seat on a later flight
Old Jan 16, 2020, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

note you won’t actually be able to change the PDX-SEA segment until 24 hrs prior to its departure, regardless of when you check in for your first leg
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Anyone done an SDC with both airports changing to co-terminals?

Something has come up on a SJC-PAE flight I have soon and I'd love to change to the OAK-SEA flight that leaves about the same time. There are no OAK-PAE flights. I've changed one flight to a different co-terminal, but given I'd be changing both, seems a bit cheeky. Any experience (success or failure) would be great.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Had luck with a new one recently:

Booked PHX-SEA-ANC with a forced overnight in SEA (last flight into SEA, morning flight to ANC next day)

changed to PHX-PAE/ SEA-ANC

Earlier departure ex-PHX (2x day) and later departure ex-ANC.

Worked well!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ex-ANC? I’d believe ex-SEA (i.e., to ANC) ...

presuming you changed PHX-SEA to PHX-PAE before the OLCI window opened for SEA-ANC, did you get both SDCs done in the same transaction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.