Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Moderator note:

This thread is a companion to the series of "What Will Alaska Be Serving On Your Flight?" threads (current edition, 2012 edition).

You may see some fragments of discussion in this thread that seem to come from nowhere. Those are posts the moderators have moved from the above-mentioned thread into this one in an effort to try to keep that thread centered strictly on reports. If you notice a post (or series of posts) in the REPORTS thread that isn't a report about an on-board meal, please feel free to click the "Alert A Moderator To This Post" triangle and let us know that there is some maintenance to be done and we'll get on it when able.

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by EIPremier
AS 769 BOS-SAN 5/21/13
I was on this flight too, and hadn't realized the FA was new. Except for the delay in serving the food (weather) and the late arrival of the dessert (pre-arrival snack?) I thought the service was good.

I went with the beef option, which was good. I really liked the parfait, one of the best desserts I've had on Alaska.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I was on this flight too, and hadn't realized the FA was new. Except for the delay in serving the food (weather) and the late arrival of the dessert (pre-arrival snack?) I thought the service was good.

I went with the beef option, which was good. I really liked the parfait, one of the best desserts I've had on Alaska.
Some FAs purposely serve the dessert after a service break. Some have even asked if we want it "now" or "later."
Old May 23, 2013, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by alphaeagle

Saw someone with a flyertalk bag tag waiting for the hotel/rental car shuttles after arrival...perhaps that was you? I apologize for not saying hi. I was pretty tired at that point and just wanted to get to bed.

I saw all the thunderstorms after takeoff from the right hand side. I think some flights out of BOS were actually canceled that evening. All things considered, the flight went pretty well.
Old May 24, 2013, 12:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by EIPremier
Saw someone with a flyertalk bag tag waiting for the hotel/rental car shuttles after arrival...perhaps that was you? I apologize for not saying hi. I was pretty tired at that point and just wanted to get to bed.

I saw all the thunderstorms after takeoff from the right hand side. I think some flights out of BOS were actually canceled that evening. All things considered, the flight went pretty well.
Nope, not me. Wonder who else was on it?

I love watching thunderstorms from the air, and that was a pretty nice show. The inbound flight had flown pretty far north to avoid the weather. Just glad we had a fairly direct route.
Old May 24, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Hmmm ... have you tangled with the new "healthy" barley salad on some of of the west coast hops, Seat 2A? (Check out the Reorts thread).

It sure looks like an effort to meet those needs. Looks like they were trying to make tabouleh but substituted barley for the wheat due to so many folks claiming to have wheat allergies. Honestly I'd rather have had the BOB cheeseburger from Y yesterday.
I have had that barley and greens snack several times, sometimes with the lemon dressing others with the raspberry dressing. Neither dressing helped the barley despite how yummy each dressing tastes.
Old May 24, 2013, 8:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ctporter
Hmmm ... have you tangled with the new "healthy" barley salad on some of of the west coast hops, Seat 2A? (Check out the Reorts thread).

It sure looks like an effort to meet those needs. Looks like they were trying to make tabouleh but substituted barley for the wheat due to so many folks claiming to have wheat allergies. Honestly I'd rather have had the BOB cheeseburger from Y yesterday.
I have had that barley and greens snack several times, sometimes with the lemon dressing others with the raspberry dressing. Neither dressing helped the barley despite how yummy each dressing tastes.
Agreed it was dull. I miss my protien too...
Old May 26, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Moved from the "Reports" thread

Originally Posted by beckoa
Originally Posted by lastquestion
SFO -> SEA AS 323 7:15am departure. Early morning breakfast - granola in a bowl with 2% milk and some fruit. Pretty good and just the right amount for me, but I think most people would say it would not be filling enough. Sorry no picture, my iPhone is out of batteries.

Had this same 'meal' on AS55 FAI-SCC on the 6th.

Fruit was very fresh ^
Beckoa, do they serve anything on the ANC-FAI or SCC-BRW segments on AS #55, or only on the FAI-SCC segment?
Old May 26, 2013, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Beckoa, do they serve anything on the ANC-FAI or SCC-BRW segments on AS #55, or only on the FAI-SCC segment?
FAI-SCC is the longest segment. I ended up with great service ANC-FAI, and SCC-BRW my upgrade did not clear. But AFAIK only FAI-SCC gets food of some type.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:57 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Looks like they were trying to make tabouleh but substituted barley for the wheat due to so many folks claiming to have wheat allergies. Honestly I'd rather have had the BOB cheeseburger from Y yesterday.
The FA on my SEA-OAK flight last week described it as "barley risotto."

While not particularly impressive, it better than the rock bottom offerings of circa three years ago during the era of veggie/hummus dip and the "salmon torte."
Old May 30, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
671 AUS-SEA last night. Good service but awful meal.

The meal was a spinach salad and corkscrew pasta with flavorless red sauce and a couple of zucchini slices.
Pasta and salad were both lukewarm and barely ate half of either one.
One of the worst meals I have experienced on AS and if you are going to serve pasta at least have bread to offer.

Nuts were served after the meal (is that normal?) then cookies about 45 minutes from landing.

Also the FA didn't address any passengers by name when taking orders (which doesn't bother me at all). Hate to see that when it is given as a reason for no PDB.
Old May 30, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apodo77
This was on our flight from AUS-SEA and I have to say it was terrible. However ours was lacking any tomatoes or diced peppers. Just flavorless red sauce and 3 zucchini slices.

No bread was offered.

Nuts after meal and cookies before landing.
(1) There is a roll on the tray, no?
(2) "I have to say it was terrible." Clearly, you did have to say it, because you told us
(3) Better your meal than mine!

Sincerely,
A Harsh Critic!
Old May 30, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
(1) There is a roll on the tray, no?
(2) "I have to say it was terrible." Clearly, you did have to say it, because you told us
(3) Better your meal than mine!

Sincerely,
A Harsh Critic!
That was seat2a's meal. I just quoted the picture.

Yes you were lucky that was not your meal!
Old May 30, 2013, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by apodo77
That was seat2a's meal. I just quoted the picture.

Yes you were lucky that was not your meal!
Fortunately, my upcoming flights are both too short, and too long, for that meal!
Old May 30, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
5/29 SEA-SFO 6:15am departure

Granola with milk and a few berries
Old Jun 3, 2013, 10:43 pm

PDX-SNA a Southwest Chicken Salad was offered.

I did not partake but 2A's salad had 3 meager little strips of red dusted chicken. He did not seem impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.