Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Moderator note:

This thread is a companion to the series of "What Will Alaska Be Serving On Your Flight?" threads (current edition, 2012 edition).

You may see some fragments of discussion in this thread that seem to come from nowhere. Those are posts the moderators have moved from the above-mentioned thread into this one in an effort to try to keep that thread centered strictly on reports. If you notice a post (or series of posts) in the REPORTS thread that isn't a report about an on-board meal, please feel free to click the "Alert A Moderator To This Post" triangle and let us know that there is some maintenance to be done and we'll get on it when able.

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by AKDan
6/23 LAX - DCA
Menu:
Appetizer Salad - Mixed Greens, Feta, Cucumbers and Tomatoes with Warm Dinner Roll
Choice of Entrees - Coq au Vin Pearl Onions and Mushrooms, Redskin Roasted Potatoes, Broccolini
or
Prosciutto Wrapped Cod with Sage Sundried Tomato TApenade, Linguine, Grilled Asparagus and Baby Carrot

Dessert - Chuckanut Bay Very Berry Cheesecake

By Row 3 the only thing left was the Cod. Yeah, I saw it on the menu and knew that it was trouble. It was. Just nasty. Reconsider this one AS!
I think I had cod on the outbound of AS870 to HNL - and was good ^

But a YMMV situation I suppose-
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by apodo77
6/26 #404 PDX-SJC

Chicken skewer on a bed of spinach and a couple of cucumber slices.

I didn't eat it but it looked sad. The chicken was cold and there were about 5-6 spinach leaves on the plate.

My neighbor said it was not good.
What a coincidence your neighbor was on the flight!

Seriously, I'd rather have that snack basket back on some of the shorter west coast hops. I don't know why so many people kvetched. Instead, we get the gor-may as described, supra on certain flights.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:20 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Alaska never serves this on SEA-ANC at dinner time. Ever. If this is what you had then it wasn't dinner time or there was a catering mistake.
So, when is it served?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by BOB W
So, when is it served?
I, personally, have served this on LAX-SEA flights that left around 9pm. The dinner time flights get the tray with the salad and chicken breast with sauce of some kind or another and a chocolate - usually. They don't get this smaller appetizer plate.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jackal
6/30/12 AS150 ANC-LAX: Cheese plate. Larger-than-normal slice of gouda.

On a flight of this length (5h3m--as long as a transcon), especially arriving in LAX in the morning with things to do during the day, it would really be nice to have a hot towel service upon arrival. Getting off the plane feeling like you've just rolled out of bed is a bit gross. Any idea why hot towel service isn't provided here? What's the official standard for when hot towel service is provided? It can't be length of flight, because ANC-LAX is longer than SEA-DCA, LAX-DCA, and SEA-ATL (all of which do receive the hot towel service--well, not sure about the last one, but the first two do).
I'm not sure, but the evening ANC-LAX, AS156 departing at about 5pm, did have the hot towel shortly before landing when I flew it earlier this month. It seems like a red-eye is the perfect flight to have it on, so really odd that they wouldn't.

They also had a menu with two choices for a main. Can't remember the options and I didn't take a picture.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I'm headed to IAH this week (outbound Thursday, return Sunday) in F both ways. Anybody have a recent mid-con update?

I already know what to expect on the ANC-SEA-ANC portions, but it would be nice to know if I need to make a Pappadeaux's run before getting on 731 to come home.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by Chugach
AS 730, SEA-IAH: Roast beef sandwich smothered in cheddar cheese, two small tomato slices on the side, and cold/seasoned freeze-dried potatoes, with the ubitiquous Seattle Chocolate for dessert. Warmed nuts followed about an hour later.
I have never figured out why Alaska serves the warmed nuts at the end of the flight. It makes more sense to me to serve the warm nuts with the first drink service, and then follow it with the meal later
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl
I have never figured out why Alaska serves the warmed nuts at the end of the flight. It makes more sense to me to serve the warm nuts with the first drink service, and then follow it with the meal later
When we first started serving warm nuts it was the second "snack" on a long haul flight. As the transcon service evolved it was decided that the nuts should be served with the first drink service on lunch and dinner flights. Some people are a little late to the party and are still serving them second. It's been quite some time (a few years I think) since the change was made but some people must not have gotten the memo. The only time you should see them served second is on a breakfast flight.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
When we first started serving warm nuts it was the second "snack" on a long haul flight. As the transcon service evolved it was decided that the nuts should be served with the first drink service on lunch and dinner flights. Some people are a little late to the party and are still serving them second. It's been quite some time (a few years I think) since the change was made but some people must not have gotten the memo. The only time you should see them served second is on a breakfast flight.
Some you say

I'd say most serve it later - but I enjoy them then. I was surprised to see them first- but no complaints then either. Hot towel service on transcons seems to be intermittent at best as of late though.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Some you say

I'd say most serve it later - but I enjoy them then. I was surprised to see them first- but no complaints then either. Hot towel service on transcons seems to be intermittent at best as of late though.
Hot towels should always be offered on transcon/Hawaii flights. Sounds like there is a rash of lazy FA's.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Uh oh... Not more fungus
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Uh oh... Not more fungus
'Fraid so.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
8/16 SEA-PHX 1:40 PM departure: Chicken and cheddar baguette sandwich with orzo salad and tomato on the side as mentioned above. I also asked if any of the hot Reuben sandwiches from coach were left over and was brought one.
If they are left over they are supposed to be comped to F...
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

I bet it was comped..

Any recent reports on OGG-PDX menu?
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by philemer

I bet it was comped..

Any recent reports on OGG-PDX menu?
Wow misread 'bought' and 'brought'

What I get for reading FT on my bb

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.