Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? REPORTS (2009-2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Over the years, I’ve seen quite a few posts here at the Alaska Airlines forum from people curious as to what they can expect to be served in First Class on their upcoming flight aboard Alaska Airlines. Although the alaskaair.com website does offer information about what one can expect to be served, many people still post here for more detailed information. In creating this thread, my hope is that with the input of any Alaska Airlines forum members who care to contribute, we can create through photos and/or descriptions a resource for those desiring information about Alaska’s meal service on any given route, regardless of class of service.

Ideally, this thread is simply a place to present a photo and/or description of what you were served on your Alaska flight. This thread is NOT the place to critique or discuss Alaska’s present or future meal service. Nor is it a place to discuss one’s queasiness or lack of same over taking pictures of airline food. Ideally, it will contain ONLY photos and/or descriptions of Alaska’s meals that will serve as a resource to those who want to get a general idea of what they can expect to be served inflight. No more, no less.

As well, please refrain from posting whether you think this thread is a great idea or a waste of time. It will prosper through the photos and descriptions submitted by those who support it or it will simply fade away from the indifference of those who don’t.

I would suggest that any photos and/or descriptions of meals include the following:

Date the flight was taken
Route flown
Class of service
Length of flight
Meal served
A brief description of the meal

It's not important that you remember the exact date or length of flight. A simple guesstimate will do as in Nov. 2009 and 3:20.

Also, if you have a correction to someone’s post, consider sending them a PM which will allow them to edit their post if need be. An example of this might be where someone says they were served a dinner when Alaska’s web site describes it as a snack. In this way we can limit posts to pictures/descriptions of the meals and prevent the thread from getting clogged up with unneccessary clutter.

For those curious about how to submit photos, a tutorial is available HERE. In the interests of keeping this thread reasonably current rather than historical, (after all, people are asking what they WILL be served) please do not submit photos more than six months old.

--

Moderator note:

Due to reports from a number of (yes, multiple) FlyerTalk members who find value in keeping this thread limited to just reports of food and who prefer not to wade through multiple pages of discussion and arguments about the quality of the food or the on-board service, I have moved all of the posts (that I could find) that don't contain food reports to a new thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...on-thread.html

You'll also see that this thread has been renamed to help (we hope) make it a bit easier to tell the difference.

We request that you keep this thread strictly for reports and photos of the food served on-board. If you would like to comment on a post in this thread or have another observation about catering, drink service, or other on-board service-related issues, please make your post in the thread linked above.

Additionally, it works better for everyone (moderators especially) if requests to move a discussion topic are made by clicking the "Alert A Moderator To This Post" triangle in the lower left-hand corner of each post rather than commenting about posts being off-topic in the thread itself.

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan forum

Last edited by jackal; Jan 7, 2013 at 7:15 am
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
THANKS for all the great photographic input everyone!

Here is a sample template to use with or without photos:

[b]Date of flight[b]:
[b]Route flown[b]:
[b]Class of service[b]:
[b]Length of flight[b]:
[b]Meal served[b]:
[b]Description[b]:
[b]Comment[b]:

For those of you unfamiliar with such things, you'll need to add a slash (/) before the second /b. The result will be:

Date of flight:

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jan 20, 2010 at 9:26 pm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Date of flight: Sep. 06, 2009
Route flown: FAI-SEA
Class of service: First
Length of flight: 3:30
Meal served: Snack
Description: This flight left Fairbanks at 4:00pm and the meal was described as “Chicken Marsala”, essentially a chicken breast smothered in a mushroom sauce. Dessert was a piece of chocolate. I have also been served this meal on many mainline routes such as SEA-DEN and LAX-SEA.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 26, 2009 at 8:42 pm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Date of flight: Sep. 21, 2009
Route flown: SEA-LAX
Length of flight: 2:20
Meal served: Breakfast
Description: This flight left Seattle at 8:00am. Alaska calls this meal a breakfast strudel. It is essentially eggs and veggies baked in a crust and sliced into 1.5” wide portions. It is served with bacon and a small fruit plate. It has also been offered on some transcon flights such as PDX-BOS.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 23, 2009 at 4:17 pm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Date of flight: Oct. 08, 2009
Route flown: SEA-ANC
Class of service: Economy
Length of flight: 3:20
Meal served: Northern Bites $6.00 meal
Description: I really like this cheeseburger. It’s easily one quarter pound and comes with a bag of chips. The Alaska Amber is extra. This meal is only available on flights of 3 hours or longer.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Date of flight: Dec. 05, 2009
Route flown: PDX-ORD
Length of flight: 3:20
Description: This flight left Portland at 10:00am. The meal was described as an Asian Chicken Wrap but was really a Pesto Chicken Wrap. As luncheons go, I thought it was tasty and reasonably filling.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Date of flight: Dec. 11, 2009
Route flown: SEA-DEN
Length of flight: 2:10
Description: This flight left Seattle at 12:15pm. The spinach dip and the breadstick were warmed.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
*deleted*

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 23, 2009 at 4:21 pm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Last edited by CDKing; Dec 23, 2009 at 4:21 pm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Yes, it's referred to as "breakfast strudel", though "omelet en crôute" sounds better.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry no picture

Date of flight: Nov 16, 2009
Route flown: PDX-ORD
Length of flight: 3:35
Meal served: Lunch
Description: My first midcon flight. Also Inaugural flight PDX-ORD. We had Chicken Cordon Bleu wrap, Salad and Seattle chocolate
Old Dec 23, 2009, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We can go this route with all these posts copying pictures and discussing the meal names but they will only clog up this thread and make it that much more difficult for someone to find photos or a description of a meal related to their flight.

On the other hand, if you were to PM me with the information about the strudle, I would correct my post and we could help maintain the photos/descriptions only approach that I've proposed. You'll note I've added the correct name and added the information about the transcon offerings up at Post 4.

Again, I would ask anyone considering posting on this thread to PLEASE read the first post regarding proposed posting guidelines.

Thank you!

Last edited by Seat 2A; Dec 23, 2009 at 4:29 pm
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:29 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold

Date of flight: May 14 2009
Route flown: LIH-SEA
Length of flight: 4-5 hours
Meal served: Dinner
Description: Chicken, noodles, brownie, sweet bread roll, flower

Date of flight: May 14 2009
Route flown: LIH-SEA
Length of flight: 4-5 hours
Meal served: Breakfast
Description: Muffin, fruit
Old Dec 23, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold

Date of flight: May 9 2009
Route flown: SEA-LIH
Length of flight: 5 hours
Meal Served Appetizer
Description Brie Wedge with Pineapple, warm hawaiian sweet roll

Meal Served Dinner
Description Coffee crusted petite beef tender, roasted hawaiian potatoes, fresh broccolini, flower

Meal Served Desert
Description chocolate mousse, berries, coffee, leaf thingy, flower
Old Dec 26, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Does Alaska offer a choice in First, or is what you see what you get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.