Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Moderator note:

This thread is a companion to the series of "What Will Alaska Be Serving On Your Flight?" threads (current edition, 2012 edition).

You may see some fragments of discussion in this thread that seem to come from nowhere. Those are posts the moderators have moved from the above-mentioned thread into this one in an effort to try to keep that thread centered strictly on reports. If you notice a post (or series of posts) in the REPORTS thread that isn't a report about an on-board meal, please feel free to click the "Alert A Moderator To This Post" triangle and let us know that there is some maintenance to be done and we'll get on it when able.

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Print Wikipost

What Will Alaska Be Serving In F On Your Flight? DISCUSSION (2012-13 archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2013, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by vudoosj
currently serving leafy greens with quinoa salad on AS324 SEA-SJC.
Did you at least get salt and pepper with it?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
7/11 TUS-SEA Chicken pasta
7/16 SEA-TUS Hummus plate plus nearly unlimited mimosas...
Old Jul 22, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Marriott, Hilton, Alaska
Recently went SEA to OGG.

Alaska Airline First Class Menu

Appetizer:
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap with Hawaiian Sweet Roll

Entree:
Pineapple Glazed Chicken Breast with Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Stuffing with Broccolini

The best part was the wine service and dessert (outstanding Pinot Blanc and Bananas Foster).

The entree and appetizer were kind of ordinary (I noticed others didn’t touch the appetizer).

Near the end of the flight we were each served a complimentary mai tai. I don’t know who was the bartender but it was the best and strongest mai tai I ever drank.

http://www.canadiantravelhacking.com...aska-airlines/

Last edited by zussino; Jul 22, 2013 at 2:42 pm Reason: Added image
Old Jul 22, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by zussino
Recently went SEA to OGG.

Alaska Airline First Class Menu

Appetizer:
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap with Hawaiian Sweet Roll

Entree:
Pineapple Glazed Chicken Breast with Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Stuffing with Broccolini

The best part was the wine service and dessert (outstanding Pinot Blanc and Bananas Foster).

The entree and appetizer were kind of ordinary (I noticed others didn’t touch the appetizer).

Near the end of the flight we were each served a complimentary mai tai. I don’t know who was the bartender but it was the best and strongest mai tai I ever drank.

http://www.canadiantravelhacking.com...aska-airlines/
That's it! This is the menu we had as well. So the Fancy Feast salad is actually Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap. I thought it tasted like chicken.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:44 am
DUT

Programs: MVPG
What Will Alaska Be Serving In First Class On Your Flight? REPORTS (2013 edition)

I flew on #149 Sunday July 28.

Dinner consisting of salad with peach slices with lemon vinaigrette dressing, blue cheese crusted chicken and mashed potatoes, and lemon pudding with whip cream topping. Dinner was tasty, dessert was a disappointment (in my opinion, lacked pleasant flavor and innovation).

The other choice was steak with a wine sauce, but I didn't get a look at it.

Warm nuts served prior to landing.

No menu or warm towel offered.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WikiHNL
July 7th 2013
BLI-HNL
F
5.5 hrs
Dinner service

(Haven't identified if it is chicken or not)

This was pretty good. The fellow next to me had the pork dish, and it also looked good. I should have asked if I could take a picture! lol

SO YUM!!!

Sorry for the big photos! Will try to reduce!
I had this 3 times last month. The ex-BLI version we had on 7/28 was lacking considerably compared to the ex-SAN version. Apparently the BLI caterer(whoever/wherever catered) thought scoop of Thai chicken 'salad' = BBQ chicken.

The pork and chicken dishes were ok the first time (that they weren't overcooked).

Both of us got shorted on the banana fosters sauce on the ice cream on 2nd and 3rd trip. Makes a big difference(negative).
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:28 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by gaiusbaltar
You were on my flight (today's AS 607)!!! Where did you sit?
I was on AS 607 on 8/1, so I missed you by a few days.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
8/5 LAX-SEA 1040a departure: Same penne pasta with Alfredo(?) sauce, peas and a salad that Tide from PAE had. We did get salt and pepper though. It was surprisingly tasty, although I'm not a huge fan of mixing the salad and Alfredo sauce.

8/6 SEA-LAX 655p departure: Moroccan chicken with a salad and chocolate. Haven't had this meal before and it was interesting. Chicken was served skin on. Not sure what part of the chicken it was, but it was relatively tasty. I ate at Waji's before we left so I just picked at it.

By the way, has anyone else noticed there are no hot meals in Y this month? Only those salad cups? The FA made a comment about AS trying to help people be "healthier" by offering salads.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:00 am

SEA-KOA 07/04 Lunch

Originally Posted by WikiHNL
July 7th 2013
BLI-HNL
F
5.5 hrs
Dinner service
SEA-KOA
Lunch Service

Same three-course meal for lunch

Menu

Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap - Quite Flavorful

Chicken Breast - Surprisingly good

Ice Cream Banana Foster - Yummy

Overall the service was impeccable and thoroughly enjoyable.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
SEA/HNL - Meh fruit with a meh scone, followed by French toast w/apples? chicken sausages, and eggstuffs. The taste was pretty good.
I had the French toast a few months ago on SAN-OGG. Ours had coconut and pineapple on it. It was quite tasty. So was the sausage (surprisingly enough!)
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tusphotog
I had the French toast a few months ago on SAN-OGG. Ours had coconut and pineapple on it. It was quite tasty. So was the sausage (surprisingly enough!)
Ah yes, it was coconut and pineapple, but the fruit could have been any "sweet canned product."
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
2 Sep - HNL/OAK

Shrimp su vee chay - menu said "ceviche" but it certainly wasn't.
2 shrimp (tasty), "charred corn" (completely devoid of flavo(u)r), some chunks of yams (nearly tasteless).

Dried Pork Fullay - Decent sized slab of stuck-in-gums dried out pig with some sort of sauce. 3 very small broccoli florets on the side. Whatever the starch was was unmemorable. Getting salt/pepper was an event, one that almost did not occur.

Chocolate mousse cake - pretty good.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K
9/5 AS 660 SEA-DFW (redeye/snack) - salad plus sandwich with ham and some sort of very melty cheese.
9/7 AS 686 PDX-ORD (lunch I assume) - salad plus chicken and hummus wrap (I think; didn't hear the description) and margarita chocolate.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
what are AS' dinner meal times?

I'm seeing a 6:50pm SEA-SNA departure as snack. is that correct?
'Dinner' is served on longer flights.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
9/9 #5 EWR-SEA

Menu and Pictures

The salad was good, but the cantaloupe wrapped with proscuitto was a bit weird for me.

Because I was in 4A and the filet was gone by the time it got to me, I was stuck with shrimp with pomodoro sauce and mozzarella gnocchi. It was gross and frankly Alaska should be embarrassed.

The only redeeming meal on the flight was the chocolate truffle mousse. It was very good and would like to have it again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.