Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by ILGfly
That was my point. The policy and what they can actually do are two different things. Keep calling.
Originally Posted by edgewood49
have seen the something it's all about persistence not an entitlement
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Try a few more agents. Others have cited success in changing only one segment of an award without having to start from scratch. I'm facing the same dilemma as I want to drop one segment entirely and instead fly to AUH, but I haven't started making calls yet. Good luck. I've burned millions of miles over the years and have never come across a similar requirement. Don't know if AS or EK is to blame.
well guys HUCA worked!!!! I called and got a nice lady in Boise. It went something like this:

me: hi i have a reservation and was hoping to make a slight tweak to it. Can I give u the PNR?

agent: yes please do.

me: xyz123. I would like to take the flight one day later to have some additional time in Dubai. I checked online and 2 F seats are indeed available.

agent: Ok let me check the system to confirm....... yes i have the 2 seats let me make the change.

me: ( smiling ear to ear but not sure she could get it done with leaving the first leg alone.)

agent: uh oh I lost the 2nd F seat darn it..... let me see if i can get it back manually. Can I place u on hold?

Me: sure
(5 minutes later)

agent: Ok were all set but there is an extra $21 in taxes/fees are you ok with that?

Me: yes for an extra day to enjoy DXB Im fine with that! Just to confirm my first leg remains untouched and I have the same PNR correct?

agent: yup!

SO HUCA WINS AGAIN! THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS. The messed up part is why an agent couldn't do that when i called 2-3 days ago!?
Old Nov 12, 2015, 11:32 pm

So how does award availability hold up the weekend after Thanksgiving for International travel ? I am planning to travel DXB-SEA on 11/30 or 11/29. Usually I see availability shows up in the last few days ~1 week before the flight.

Last edited by JustAnotherGuy001; Nov 12, 2015 at 11:39 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else having issues accessing their e ticket on Emirates.com with the confirmation code provided by Alaska?

I can see the flight details and change seats, but it shows up blank when I click 'view/print ticket'
Can't pull it up in the Emirates app either
Anything to worry about here?

Last edited by invalyd; Nov 13, 2015 at 10:42 am
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
I'm at T-7 and looking to use AS miles for biz on EK 226 > EK 542. EF shows J6, C6, I0, C0. Is there any realistic chance of an award opening up? This would be my first time booking an EK award, and can remain calm until the last minute, just wondering whether this is a total long-shot and my focus should be on another option instead.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
Anyone else having issues accessing their e ticket on Emirates.com with the confirmation code provided by Alaska?

I can see the flight details and change seats, but it shows up blank when I click 'view/print ticket'
Can't pull it up in the Emirates app either
Anything to worry about here?
Strangely if I access the Emirates site on my phone instead it shows up fine. I guess their IT just sucks.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Strangely if I access the Emirates site on my phone instead it shows up fine. I guess their IT just sucks.
That was was my experience as well, for AS-stock and JL-stock tickets.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:53 pm

Site works, app doesn't in my experience. I still usually ring on partner tickets just to make sure everything is synced.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Site works, app doesn't in my experience. I still usually ring on partner tickets just to make sure everything is synced.
Do you call Emirates?

Last edited by invalyd; Nov 13, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:10 pm

Called Emirates and they confirmed everything is in tact
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:15 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Do you call Emirates?
I'm trying to avoid calling Alaska as I don't want unnecessary attention on my account.
Maybe worth calling EK to confirm.
so explain " Undo attention"
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
What's the maximum number of segments that Alaska allows for one-way awards on Emirates?
Old Nov 15, 2015, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by andreiz
What's the maximum number of segments that Alaska allows for one-way awards on Emirates?
Pretty much all Emirates flights route through DXB, so you therefore could only get two without flying back to DXB. There is one exception of JFK-Milan-DXB and another city. Might be another, but they are a true hub airline.

So, not so much an Alaska restriction, just a physical flying reality.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by andreiz
You can get 4 if you do HKG BKK DXB MXP JFK
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by rankourabu
You can get 4 if you do HKG BKK DXB MXP JFK
Oh yea, forgot about the BKK-HKG route.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I've always found the 3-7 hour flights are not as fun as the longer flights. Unless you are just trying to get the most showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.