FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Nov 12, 2015, 6:14 pm
pointspinnacle

Programs: A bunch
Originally Posted by ILGfly
That was my point. The policy and what they can actually do are two different things. Keep calling.
Originally Posted by edgewood49
have seen the something it's all about persistence not an entitlement
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Try a few more agents. Others have cited success in changing only one segment of an award without having to start from scratch. I'm facing the same dilemma as I want to drop one segment entirely and instead fly to AUH, but I haven't started making calls yet. Good luck. I've burned millions of miles over the years and have never come across a similar requirement. Don't know if AS or EK is to blame.
well guys HUCA worked!!!! I called and got a nice lady in Boise. It went something like this:

me: hi i have a reservation and was hoping to make a slight tweak to it. Can I give u the PNR?

agent: yes please do.

me: xyz123. I would like to take the flight one day later to have some additional time in Dubai. I checked online and 2 F seats are indeed available.

agent: Ok let me check the system to confirm....... yes i have the 2 seats let me make the change.

me: ( smiling ear to ear but not sure she could get it done with leaving the first leg alone.)

agent: uh oh I lost the 2nd F seat darn it..... let me see if i can get it back manually. Can I place u on hold?

Me: sure
(5 minutes later)

agent: Ok were all set but there is an extra $21 in taxes/fees are you ok with that?

Me: yes for an extra day to enjoy DXB Im fine with that! Just to confirm my first leg remains untouched and I have the same PNR correct?

agent: yup!

SO HUCA WINS AGAIN! THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT GUYS. The messed up part is why an agent couldn't do that when i called 2-3 days ago!?