Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Chronically Bad

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Am I alone in really disliking the new changes that have been made to searches on the AS website?

My normal process:
1) Go to Alaskaair.com
2) Put in airports + rough dates.
3) Select Low Fare Calendar and then Shop
4) Pick cheap days that work for me and then Continue

On the old site, I believe I had the ability to pick individual flights here. Is my memory going?

How I get to individual flight selection again:
Option A
4) After I find the dates I want, click on change search on the Low Fare Calendar page, select Schedule, then Shop again

Option B (what usually happens)
5) When I realize I can't select the flights I want, curse loudly , click on the change search button, select Schedule, then Shop again.

LOTS of extra clicks for me. I assume the workflow was optimized for a reason. I hope that reason was to improve customer experience, and not to pair up normally poor selling flights with good selling flights.

I don't see any options to modify the search to get what I want. Is there something I'm missing?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Am I alone in really disliking the new changes that have been made to searches on the AS website?

My normal process:
1) Go to Alaskaair.com
2) Put in airports + rough dates.
3) Select Low Fare Calendar and then Shop
4) Pick cheap days that work for me and then Continue

On the old site, I believe I had the ability to pick individual flights here. Is my memory going?

How I get to individual flight selection again:
Option A
4) After I find the dates I want, click on change search on the Low Fare Calendar page, select Schedule, then Shop again

Option B (what usually happens)
5) When I realize I can't select the flights I want, curse loudly , click on the change search button, select Schedule, then Shop again.

LOTS of extra clicks for me. I assume the workflow was optimized for a reason. I hope that reason was to improve customer experience, and not to pair up normally poor selling flights with good selling flights.

I don't see any options to modify the search to get what I want. Is there something I'm missing?
It's not just you. That option is missing, and like you, I find it quite maddening (I use the same workflow you do).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.