Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Chronically Bad

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
AS Website Chronically Bad

Is it my imagination or is the AS website a complete mess?

It used to be that I'd get the occasional long wait or server error. Now it's one or both problems on every single visit. I cut them some slack when they re-did the whole site about a year ago but it's really become consistently unpleasant to use.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:57 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I realize that what I see inside the firewall is different from what you see outside the firewall... but I haven't noticed any issues from home.

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I realize that what I see inside the firewall is different from what you see outside the firewall... but I haven't noticed any issues from home.

Thanks for looking into it, Missy. I'll give it a shot and flush the cache, but I haven't had problems with any other sites.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Today was horrible - a couple hours ago when I started to make a reservation. I tried several times on Firefox (typically never an issue for me on the AS site) and then finally had more success with IE, but it did bog down a couple of times.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I just tried some more things - could get into My Account with no issue, but could not get to airport guides/terminal maps, etc. for quite some time. I tried IE again, and it was much faster.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:39 pm
Suspended

I've had a few issues with it. Bear in mind that FF's of United, a much larger airline, just call the site .bomb as it is that bad. I don't know that I'd call the occasional issue a complete mess though and I'm rather prone to calling people out on complete messes.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 1:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
I've had some intermittent problems with it over the last 2 weeks or so. Nothing super long-lasting, and sometimes just refreshing the page has cleared up the problem, but I have definitely noticed it.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:15 pm

I've been seeing runtime errors on an intermittent basis for the last couple of weeks, sometimes they persist through several refreshes, sometimes they go away after a single page refresh. It's annoying but not awful.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
The AS website seems fine to me. I just did the following (and am behind a proxy):
  • Checked www.alaskaair.com/pdx
  • Logged into My Account on alaskaair.com
  • Checked My Trips - lo and behold, my trip to balmy Dutch Harbor is still there
  • Tried to change my seats on said trip to something better. Alas, better seats were not found.

As a bonus, even the website response speed was decent today!

Part of my background includes QA/testing - I just had to see for myself
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I noticed some very slow response on page loads yesterday and today. Not always, and not every page. But slower than usual the past two days.

Of course, there are always the weird server errors. Those have decreased over the past few months, but haven't gone away entirely. The slow page loads are relatively new.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:50 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
if there is any consistency in the pages that are hanging or failing for you.. please let me know what they are via PM.

Also knowing what browser/version and OS you are using is helpful too
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
Also knowing what browser/version and OS you are using is helpful too
My access is fine - just submitting this in case your admins are baselining what does work.

MS Internet Explorer version 7.0.5730.11
Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 2

Traceroute output:
[first five hops deleted intentionally]
3 ms 2 ms 4 ms gi1-46.102.ccr01.pdx01.atlas.cogentco.com [38.104.104.69]
7 ms 6 ms 7 ms te4-3.ccr01.sea01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.117]
6 ms 7 ms 7 ms te4-2.ccr01.sea02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.198]
14 ms 16 ms 14 ms 38.104.126.70
14 ms 15 ms 15 ms border25s.gi5-2-bbnet1.sea.pnap.net [63.251.160.42]
16 ms 16 ms 16 ms alaska-11.border25s.sea.pnap.net [206.191.144.138]

[additional hops did not respond to ICMP requests]
Old Jan 29, 2010, 4:39 pm
Suspended

Trying to check in online, with no success. The 90 second wait turned into 5+ minutes before I gave up.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:12 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Ruthalaska
I've had some intermittent problems with it over the last 2 weeks or so. Nothing super long-lasting, and sometimes just refreshing the page has cleared up the problem, but I have definitely noticed it.
same here. seems hit and miss but I get a lot of those yellow and white error screens a lot lately. The thing is its no specific page or time. I got it just today when I clicked the link from the mvpg75k bennies are up thread . I got the error screen clicked refresh and there it was. Also when searching for flights it times out what seems to be every 5 or 6 searches
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
I've been having issues lately where when I change one of the dates (arrival or departure), the other one will automatically change to that same date. I keep repeating the cycle over and over. I can't recall if it was only when I used the calendar, or only when I tried to enter it manually.

I can never make it happen on demand when I'm thinking about it, but it's been bugging me lately when searching for fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.