Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Chronically Bad

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
+1 yesterday. Was trying to locate some flights and enroll a client in the mileage plan, same error messages. I was working with Safari on my iMac, but when I flipped over to Win7 and Explorer on my parallels virtual machine I didn't have any issues.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
This isn't true. The U's will only show up if there is U space available.

However, the website does slightly lag behind true availability. This is more often the case with a couple days of departure because upgrades are clearing, and people are generally moving around quickly.
Missy,

This is what I told them, and again, even a supervisor had said that I was wrong. I was just dumbfounded. When this happened, the flight was still two weeks out, so, I don't think that upgrades were clearing.

I finally got the IT department on the line, and the were able to get screen shots of what was on the web, and what was in their system. They said that they would look into it. Maybe they can find a resolution to it.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
So you are seeing availability... going to a different place to book, and expecting that it should not ever happen that someone else got the upgrade in the time it took you to get back?
Well, kind of correct. I have to use a travel agency for travel, would rather book directly on AS, but can't.

Called the agency to book a flight on AS for three days in to the future. Booked a value fare. The "U" was available, as well as more First Class seats at the time of booking.

However, when I finally got the confirmation code, there was not the "U" anymore. There were still FC seats available for sale, but no "U".
I just think that it is strange that the sale of the ticket was done with "U" available and proper fare class, which I would think that I would get the upgrade, but then the "U" disappears, (FC still available for sale)and no upgrade was given.
If only I could get the travel agency to request the upgrade immediately, all may work out better.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:16 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dweeb
Well, kind of correct. I have to use a travel agency for travel, would rather book directly on AS, but can't.

Called the agency to book a flight on AS for three days in to the future. Booked a value fare. The "U" was available, as well as more First Class seats at the time of booking.

However, when I finally got the confirmation code, there was not the "U" anymore. There were still FC seats available for sale, but no "U".
I just think that it is strange that the sale of the ticket was done with "U" available and proper fare class, which I would think that I would get the upgrade, but then the "U" disappears, (FC still available for sale)and no upgrade was given.
If only I could get the travel agency to request the upgrade immediately, all may work out better.
while I doubt that it happens that often I dont find it strange. Id find it annoying and be irked too but it does happen albeit infrequently it still does happen. Hard to say if the agency can even request the upgrade on your behalf but Ive not ever worked with one that will do that for you. Its worth asking though

so this was at 3 days prior? Right as the upgrades are clearing and stuff?

Last edited by ANC; Apr 7, 2010 at 9:21 pm
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ANC
so this was at 3 days prior? Right as the upgrades are clearing and stuff?
Yes,

Under the 72 hour mark, so that I figured all the MVPG's had already cleared the upgrade. But well before the 48 hour mark. Maybe just a quirk, but something to watch out for.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by ddavault
+1 yesterday. Was trying to locate some flights and enroll a client in the mileage plan, same error messages. I was working with Safari on my iMac, but when I flipped over to Win7 and Explorer on my parallels virtual machine I didn't have any issues.
I've been experiencing similar issues with Safari for OS X for the past several days. It usually occurs when I click on a link to select an itinerary, or today, whenever I click the link to change seats.

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: R13

Server Time: 4/9/2010 1:00:35 PM

Remote Host: 98.232.18.xxx
If I switch to Firefox and it seems to work fine.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by hgdf
experiencing similar issues with Safari for OS X
I find Safari buggy, especially when trying to change dates or destinations when searching for tickets. It will revert to the original search unless I quit safari and relaunch it.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My Account seems to be down right now...takes forever to log in and all my miles are zeroed out if I'm lucky enough to get through.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:00 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Same here....

Nice seeing what my account looked like when I first joined
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Same here....

Nice seeing what my account looked like when I first joined
I had trouble logging in at about 4pm ADT, then successfully logged in and saw my balance about 20 minutes ago, and then went back to the main TOC page about 10 minutes ago and had it show all zeros.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
6:51PM PST---still down
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Mine looks fine now...
Old Nov 7, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Here we go again

Haven't been able to access any of my reservations via My Trips or though view/change reservation for the better part of the afternoon now.

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: Q3

Server Time: 11/7/2010 4:45:44 PM
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Haven't been able to access any of my reservations via My Trips or though view/change reservation for the better part of the afternoon now.
Have you been flirting with the United website again? Perhaps the AS site is jealous.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa\'s PWP wonderous poster: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Server Name: Q3

Server Time: 11/7/2010 4:45:44 PM
Well had good luck with the new BB app accessing mytrips

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.