Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Chronically Bad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
More problems today. Had trouble logging in and then made 3 attempts to print boarding passes. No go. I'll try again later or maybe just use the kiosks at the airport tomorrow.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Please Fix

AS Please fix your website, it is getting worse each day.

Today, while trying to get an upgrade using the gold certs, the flight I was trying to upgrade on showed the mysterious gold "U". I quickly called the get an upgrade and was told that none were available. The reservations agent acted like I was nuts for asking. I told them that on the website it showed it was available. (F was/is not sold out)
They told me to call customer care, which I did. Here is where it gets interesting....

Customer care tells me that "having the gold "U" and the blue/gold "U" displayed only means that the flight and that fare would be upgradeable, but does not mean that there are seats available for the upgrade

I then asked to speak with a supervisor, guess what? I was told the same thing again. I told them that the answer was just plain wrong. If the "U" shows up on the site, I should be allowed to upgrade immediately if I was using a MVPG cert. They still said no!

They had to check with another sup and then came back to say that I was right, and this is a recent AS policy change. Huh??, It has been this way for a while.

After talking to the second supervisor, the "U" inventory has now disappeared, (SEA-HNL, I wonder why)

From the time I noticed the "U" availability, to the time it took to get this straightened out, 1 hour.

So, please fix the website, it is causing customers, or at least me, to get really annoyed. You used to be the forerunner with technology, but lately, I would say that improvements are needed.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Please advise if you bought the ticket in a class of fare that was showing a U.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dweeb
AS Please fix your website, it is getting worse each day.

Today, while trying to get an upgrade using the gold certs, the flight I was trying to upgrade on showed the mysterious gold "U". I quickly called the get an upgrade and was told that none were available. The reservations agent acted like I was nuts for asking. I told them that on the website it showed it was available. (F was/is not sold out)
They told me to call customer care, which I did. Here is where it gets interesting....

Customer care tells me that "having the gold "U" and the blue/gold "U" displayed only means that the flight and that fare would be upgradeable, but does not mean that there are seats available for the upgrade

I then asked to speak with a supervisor, guess what? I was told the same thing again. I told them that the answer was just plain wrong. If the "U" shows up on the site, I should be allowed to upgrade immediately if I was using a MVPG cert. They still said no!

They had to check with another sup and then came back to say that I was right, and this is a recent AS policy change. Huh??, It has been this way for a while.

After talking to the second supervisor, the "U" inventory has now disappeared, (SEA-HNL, I wonder why)

From the time I noticed the "U" availability, to the time it took to get this straightened out, 1 hour.

So, please fix the website, it is causing customers, or at least me, to get really annoyed. You used to be the forerunner with technology, but lately, I would say that improvements are needed.
This has been an ongoing issue for years... the U space seen online does not necessarily represent current availability at booking- it lags behind by sometimes an hour or a day...

Either using a website like expertflyer, calling, or sometimes checking for 'A' space (since I find if there is Award saver space, there is U, but sometimes U without A)
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:38 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by beckoa
This has been an ongoing issue for years... the U space seen online does not necessarily represent current availability at booking- it lags behind by sometimes an hour or a day...

Either using a website like expertflyer, calling, or sometimes checking for 'A' space (since I find if there is Award saver space, there is U, but sometimes U without A)
I might also add the same thing goes for what seats are open as well. Thats why sometimes when you select a seat that shows open you get the weird orange lettered note that says something along the lines of unable to complete the request or whatever it says. It probably has something to do with the lag time in 3rd party booking sites or travel agents. I dunno
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
Please advise if you bought the ticket in a class of fare that was showing a U.
Dave,

Last week I did purchase a different ticket that had the "U" showing as available in the fare class that I booked it in. However, I have to go through a travel agency to get the tickets, and then when I got the confirmation code and called, no upgrade.

If you are booking online, this should not ever happen.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. A known problem with the site that does not get fixed or at least addressed. I should not have to go to multiple websites, or even call AS to validate what is showing on AS's website. Again, used to be a forerunner, but no so much anymore.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Okay, I hate dredging a thread back up, but I am curious - does AS ever take any of these issues to heart to fix? I have been trying to book reserved flights over and over again, dealing with the all-too-familiar error pages as the response. I used to wonder what problems you guys were talking about, but now I see. How am I supposed to give AS my thousands of dollars if they won't electronically take it??
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, National and Avis Elite member
Angry What's going on now?

Today, I tried to make a reservation and all I keep getting is the error message below. The site seems to be crashing more and more.

Error Encountered

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: R14

Server Time: 4/6/2010 5:31:11 PM

Remote Host: 167.154.71.230
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by longdrelation
Okay, I hate dredging a thread back up, but I am curious - does AS ever take any of these issues to heart to fix? I have been trying to book reserved flights over and over again, dealing with the all-too-familiar error pages as the response. I used to wonder what problems you guys were talking about, but now I see. How am I supposed to give AS my thousands of dollars if they won't electronically take it??
From what I can tell, they take them seriously. I've been PMed a couple of times asking for more detail.

I do know at one point it was a server capacity issue, and they were going to add more servers. Don't know if that's still the issue (or if it's load balancing, or what).
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I think they are
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:14 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Okay, I hate dredging a thread back up, but I am curious - does AS ever take any of these issues to heart to fix?
Perhaps a call would work better than a message forum rant. Its a good place to vent but for one thing AS isnt always monitoring FT nor should they feel the need to. We have AS staff on here that post and read but typically not IT so then they have to go to AS IT and give the info 3rd party. It might be better to email AS your issues first hand or call them up and get in touch with the web developers and IT staff to explain the problem so they can talk to you while its actually happening at that moment. I dont disagree that right now the site can be really screwed up at times but to answer your question of do they take it to heart to fix them? I am pretty sure they do when they are made aware of them. That being said also the larger the site, the more complex, and the more features it has the longer it takes to repair once a problem is found. I highly doubt that they think having the AS site screwed up is ok
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:54 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
This isn't true. The U's will only show up if there is U space available.

However, the website does slightly lag behind true availability. This is more often the case with a couple days of departure because upgrades are clearing, and people are generally moving around quickly.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:56 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Last week I did purchase a different ticket that had the "U" showing as available in the fare class that I booked it in. However, I have to go through a travel agency to get the tickets, and then when I got the confirmation code and called, no upgrade.

If you are booking online, this should not ever happen.
So you are seeing availability... going to a different place to book, and expecting that it should not ever happen that someone else got the upgrade in the time it took you to get back?
Old Apr 6, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
Perhaps a call would work better than a message forum rant.
Well, I've seen you guys post this stuff for months and honestly was surprised to find the same error. I'm assuming you guys have already called, etc, so it should have been fixed - right? I was at the edge of the '6 pm' window, so I was unable to call. Seeing as the tickets had to be purchased by midnight, I tried over and over and was finally successful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.