Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Chronically Bad

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Website a mess today...multiple run-time errors when trying to access My Account & My Trips.

(Of course I will try again later...but would be nice if I did not have to.)
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:07 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
this thing thats really ticking me off is when you enter one date to search fares and what you get as search results is the following day!!!(example enter in March 27th search by price and for some reason it pulls up March 28th! wth Why? This has been going on quite a while and hasnt been fixed. you have to go back reenter your original date and then it works. I wonder how many people have accidentally bought tickets for the wrong day because of this crap. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 1:17 am
ANC

Error EncounteredOur web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: Q12

Server Time: 3/9/2010 12:11:45 AM

Remote Host: 69.178.89.56
this crap has become the norm on AS. good thing there arent Freddys anymore. I couldnt in good coscience any longer vote them best web site
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:59 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Hmm... I'm a software QA person, just relocated to the Seattle area, and looking for work. Too bad they're not looking for a QA person right now; sounds like they should be!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 11:34 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by dliesse
Hmm... I'm a software QA person, just relocated to the Seattle area, and looking for work. Too bad they're not looking for a QA person right now; sounds like they should be!
hmm a big company like AS might not have to advertise jobs. Go knock on the door To further elaborate on the above error. I had attempted to click purchase reservation 3 times and that error came up. The next day I looked in my account and out of curiosity checked the "held" catergory and found all 3 purchase attempts actually saved as helds :/ weird and why?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA 1P, UA RCC, Hertz Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, SPG Gold
I don't know if this is "website" related, but I'll stick it here for a try.
Checking my milage plan today, one leg of a Feb flight suddenly disappeared. Is this something that happens and will correct itself? I hope so, I don't know if I have the BP anymore because it was a flight last month and it had already posted to my account.
If needed, I'll have to explain on the phone that i DID NOT fly from SJC to SEA on Friday, walk home to SJC on Sunday, then fly back to SEA on Friday - but I'd rather not. I prefer to fly rather than walk every week back and forth, and I hope that the system will figure that out and give me my flight back.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by longdrelation
I don't know if this is "website" related, but I'll stick it here for a try.
Checking my milage plan today, one leg of a Feb flight suddenly disappeared. Is this something that happens and will correct itself? I hope so, I don't know if I have the BP anymore because it was a flight last month and it had already posted to my account.
If needed, I'll have to explain on the phone that i DID NOT fly from SJC to SEA on Friday, walk home to SJC on Sunday, then fly back to SEA on Friday - but I'd rather not. I prefer to fly rather than walk every week back and forth, and I hope that the system will figure that out and give me my flight back.
I was advised that they had some problems with flights that were scheduled to post on February 26. They had made it into the total miles and segments flown, but not into the detail (where flights are individually posted).

I noticed just now that my totals were adjusted back to reflect the detail --- meaning that nothing now appears for the one segment that is missing in its entirety.

Perhaps you're in the same position.

I suspect that on next Tuesday the detail of that missing segment will appear and agree with the updated total mileage/segments. If not, I'll give them a call and see if they know what's going on.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
I was advised that they had some problems with flights that were scheduled to post on February 26. They had made it into the total miles and segments flown, but not into the detail (where flights are individually posted).
Thanks, maybe that's what is going on. My flight on the 26th shows up, but my 21st flight is the one I'm missing. I suppose I'll give them a week and then give them a call.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dgreen12
I was hoping that they wouldn't catch this glitch. On my account, it gave me some very generous bonus miles for no particular reason...and seemed to count them as EQMs at the same time. Now...they're gone. Hoping they reappear soon - or at least the flight in question gets put back with the correct credit. I would have mentioned it earlier on another post, but I didn't want to jinx my good fortune!
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Silver, Avis First
I 'lost" 4K miles today! Not good Alaska.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:41 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by travelswiss
I 'lost" 4K miles today! Not good Alaska.
How?
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
For me, the outbound to SEA on the 20th posted just fine (and for my s/o, too).

The return on the 21st didn't post (nor for him), but it did make it into the totals. That's now gone.

I suspect it will get fixed sometime in the next week or so. They were aware of the problem when I called (about a week or so ago).
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Silver, Avis First
Originally Posted by ANC
How?
I was past MVP on my way to Gold, now I'm 3K miles shy of MVP. I lost segments on the 21st as well as the others.
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:13 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by travelswiss
I was past MVP on my way to Gold, now I'm 3K miles shy of MVP. I lost segments on the 21st as well as the others.
guess instead of looking weekly I better start looking daily for a while
Old Mar 10, 2010, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
guess instead of looking weekly I better start looking daily for a while
You should probably remove some miles from your signature line...since AS may have already done that for you. haha. This is funny - in some way - because I see people complaining about the slowness of DL miles posting, and here we have AS removing AS flights and miles from us all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.