Wiki Posts
Search

AS Website Chronically Bad

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:24 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
I've been having issues lately where when I change one of the dates (arrival or departure), the other one will automatically change to that same date. I keep repeating the cycle over and over. I can't recall if it was only when I used the calendar, or only when I tried to enter it manually.

I can never make it happen on demand when I'm thinking about it, but it's been bugging me lately when searching for fares.
hmm now that you mention this I figured I just had fat hands. I know that when you initially select the departure date it automatically changes the return for the same date. But Ive also noticed when changing the return after that or changing the depart date by a day or 2 while searching. I thought it was just me screwing up....maybe not ....or still could be me
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75K
Well, it's still a problem. I cleared my cache as Missy suggested, but there's still a lot of glitchiness.

1. Never got an email for the reservation I made last Thursday (six days and counting)

2. Very slow response. It took a full minute for both the sign-in page and the My Trips page to come up today. (browser status shows: "waiting for www.alaskaair.com")

3. Odd behavior persists. When the sign-in page finally comes up, it auto-fills my login but I have to tab to the password field, which then auto-fills. It used to just autofill both without any manual intervention.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by IStream

3. Odd behavior persists. When the sign-in page finally comes up, it auto-fills my login but I have to tab to the password field, which then auto-fills. It used to just autofill both without any manual intervention.
Yes, that seems to have started with the last redesign to the page.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH/SPG Peonium, Natl, Bud, Oregon Wines on Broadway Wineaux
Yeah, I'm seeing some weird timeouts here and there. Example:
1. Went to http://www.alaskaair.com/pdx
2. Clicked on the PDX - BOS special.
3. Timeout.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, Hawaiian, Alaska
+1, I was having some timeout issues today trying to view a reservation and to change some seat assignments.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 6:04 pm

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
When booking seats in F I have been getting a "we cannot accommidate your seating request" error message even when seats are shown as open. The seat shows in orage with an * on the seat assignment page. I have never seen this before, but in the last 2 weeks I have had it 3 times - all on different flights. In most cases it seems to go away after logging out. Anyone else see this?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AS BR thru Nov 2010
Originally Posted by NotHome
When booking seats in F I have been getting a "we cannot accommidate your seating request" error message even when seats are shown as open. The seat shows in orage with an * on the seat assignment page. I have never seen this before, but in the last 2 weeks I have had it 3 times - all on different flights. In most cases it seems to go away after logging out. Anyone else see this?
Also having problems assigning seats in row 6 and 7. When I save the booking it comes back "cannot accommodate your seating request." I also have problems with the site timing out on me and slow responses
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AS BR thru Nov 2010
Originally Posted by sduk27
Also having problems assigning seats in row 6 and 7. When I save the booking it comes back "cannot accommodate your seating request." I also have problems with the site timing out on me and slow responses
Just received following when attempting to view rsvn:

The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below and make changes as needed.

Try again after a few minutes.

If you continue to get this response, our communications link to our reservation system may be offline for maintenance. The link will be restored as quickly as possible.

If you need immediate reservation information, call Alaska Airlines Reservations at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) or Horizon Air Reservations at 1-800-547-9308.
Code: -500

You can:
View reservation details
Change reservation dates
or times*
Select or change seats
Purchase a held
reservation
Cancel a reservation
* For select reservation types
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, Hilton HHonors
Yeah, I've had weird problems the last couple days. Not exactly the same as above. What was happening to me was I would look at flights (one way) from JNU to SEA. Then I was trying to look at one way flights from SEA to JNU and I couldn't get it to make the change. It kept remembering what I typed in originally. I finally rebooted and that seemed to work.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:19 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I guess they email the purchase confirmation and receipts at their leisure these days?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Similar to how they send the flight alerts. I hadn't seen one in a long time, until I got one for my most recent flight, saying my flight was cancelled.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 1:04 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

When trying to sign into My Account, I got this message:

Error Encountered

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: Q24

Server Time: 2/14/2010 12:01:29 AM

Remote Host:

Hopefully, nobody else has the same issue as me.

Last edited by golfingboy; Feb 14, 2010 at 1:05 pm
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by golfingboy
When trying to sign into My Account, I got this message:

Error Encountered

Our web server encountered an internal error. It was logged to aid our staff in finding a solution.

For guidance with this transaction, call Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (PT)

Server Name: Q24

Server Time: 2/14/2010 12:01:29 AM

Remote Host:

Hopefully, nobody else has the same issue as me.
It has happened, I think, to all of us. And is temporary. If you try again, almost immediately, it should work (it has for me).

I'm not excusing the fact that it happens, though. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it, but my guess is logging in when accounts are updating from the database.

Last edited by Seattlenerd; Feb 14, 2010 at 4:36 pm Reason: removed IP address
Old Feb 14, 2010, 2:13 pm

Also have had timeouts, slow responses, etc. for past few weeks. I use Firefox but still had problems using Explorer. No problems other websites so I assume this is an AS problem.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
This morning I tried to purchase a held reservation and ended up with a screen that was blank except for the AS headings at the top. I sat there and waited for something else to load but it didn't. No purchase confirmation.

Fortunately when I went to My Trips the trip showed as purchased and I was able to print the final info from there. But there is definitely some kind of glitch in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.