Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Airport Lounges
Reload this Page >

The definitive guide to lounges in Houston, Texas (IAH/HOU)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: weezl
version 1 of the wiki has been complied by krazykanuck

Houston-Hobby (HOU)

There are no airline lounges here! Huzzah! *hits "that was easy" button*
There is a USO lounge post-security down the elevator near gate 44 (Southwest side), open from 9am-9pm; access is for military members (active, guard, reserves), retirees, and dependents (normally anyone with a valid DoD ID card). There is a small food selection, many snacks, and sodas/juice/coffee available along with computers, TVs and sleeping chairs.

Houston-Bush Intercontinental (IAH)
First a couple basic comments:

Please do not ask "can I get to Terminal X to Z?" The answer is yes. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, and also connected landside by the underground hallways and tram. IAH is extremely efficient to get around. I'd be surprised if it took more than 20 minutes to get between the 2 least accessible gates.

You can walk airside between terminals B, C, D, & E without the Skyway. To reach A from those four you need to use the Skyway.

Alright to the lounges:

Priority Pass

IAH is home to 2 Priority Pass accessible lounges, both of which are located in Terminal D (hours of operation are as of 2/8/18):

KLM Crown Lounge (open from 6am-9pm daily)
Air France Lounge (open from 12pm-5pm daily)

IAH also has 2 PP restaurants (added 9/13/18)

Cadillac Mexican (Terminal A)
Landry's Seafood (Terminal C)

American Express

IAH is home to an Amex Centurion Lounge, located what could double as a bomb shelter, also in Terminal D. Current access rules permit complimentary access to all Platinum and Centurion cardholders and 2 guests. Please find all discussion, FAQs, and ask all of your questions specific to that lounge in the dedicated thread housed in the Amex sub-forum:

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

United/Star Alliance

IAH is home to a litany of United Clubs. They inhabit every terminal of IAH except D. Kindly direct all of your "What United Club..." and "Can I get into the United Club..." to these threads, which live in the United sub-forum, and I swear the answer is likely already there or will be answered quickly if it isn't: United has a lounge in Terminal A that is the smallest of their collection at IAH but is commonly used by Star partner Air Canada in A North and of course by the few United Express flights using A north daily.

IAH: United Club Lounge - Which is better lounge at IAH? Lounge renovations?

Consolidated "United Club Access Questions" Thread

The Polaris Lounge is now open located one floor above the current Terminal E United Club with a separate entrance door.

Buried in FT is the answer to the question about *G members who have *G through their UA status, traveling within the US:
No Exec Club access for UA*G traveling domestic at IAH (see post #20)
This is different than for example the LH lounge at IAD, where UA *G pax can enter even if traveling domestic.

American Airlines/Oneworld

IAH recently received an Admirals Club in terminal A south open at 4am (opened in 2017). Please find discussion here... I think. I get confused easily in the AAdvantage forum with its labyrinth of wiki's and master threads. But somebody will point you on your way.

Guide to Lounge Changes: Flagship Lounge, Admirals Club, etc.

Also of note, BA operates not one, but two lounges at IAH. Both located in Terminal D. Seriously this end of D should just be called lounge central.

There is the BA First Lounge, which is restricted to First and OW Emeralds. There is the BA Business lounge for Biz and the lesser precious stones.

I have personally visited the F lounge, detailed here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29396739-post2.html

Those of the various OW stones may wish to peruse this thread:

Lounge Access Denied: IAH flying AA/F

Delta/Skyteam

I didn't forget about you Skyteam people. Try your luck at the KLM lounge. And yes, you have a thread too.

IAH KLM lounge... hardly worth the detour

And last and certainly least, the Executive Club

IAH also has a 3rd party lounge called the Executive Club/Lounge. All I know is it's in Terminal D. I've never been and I think it's where non-OW/*A airlines send their premium cabin passengers.

764toHI gives a brief comment below. In addition, this is the most comprehensive review I've seen for it: https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...xecutive-club/

There is a nice, remodeled, USO lounge near gate D2 open from 6am until 9pm, access is for military members (active, guard, reserves), retirees, and dependents (normally anyone with a valid DoD ID card) There is a good food selection, many snacks, fruit, and sodas/juice/coffee available along with computers, TVs, local newspapers/magazines, and recliners and several sleeping chairs (donated new by Houston "Mattress Mac").
Print Wikipost

The definitive guide to lounges in Houston, Texas (IAH/HOU)

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2019, 5:01 am

We wanted to visit the KLM lounge in IAH last Saturday (free with lounge club membership), however the lounge was so packed at 11 am that we couldn't even sit together with the three of us. Lots of families with small children too. We quickly walked up and down the lounge to check, and I can honestly say, a random seat at an empty gate in front of the lounge was more comfortable than sitting in that packed lounge.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Entered the AF lounge with PP at around 2:45 PM. Very busy with only a few empty seats. By 3:15 it emptied out completely. Had some great champagne.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:03 am

Landry's yesterday, ~ 1 PM. Asked at host stand about using PP for a 'to go' order expecting the answer to be 'no'. The answer was 'yes'. Ordered a burger - had it in 10 minutes. Perhaps there are temporary exceptions to the 'to go' policy?
krazykanuck likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Never went to a KLM lounge at IAH. Does anyone have recent experience going there?
Old Mar 14, 2021, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Never went to a KLM lounge at IAH. Does anyone have recent experience going there?
I like this lounge since it's a self-serve bar and there are snacks you can grab (chips and candy bars) although I have not been since Covid. It appears the lounge is open, but does anyone have experience on what the offerings are? Is it still self-serve wine, etc?
hyedmd likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I like this lounge since it's a self-serve bar and there are snacks you can grab (chips and candy bars) although I have not been since Covid. It appears the lounge is open, but does anyone have experience on what the offerings are? Is it still self-serve wine, etc?
I can actually follow up on that. I went to that lounge on Friday evening - it was packed but I was not surprised since so many people were traveling for Spring break. Candy bars, snacks, fruit (apple and banana), and coffee/tea are self-served. You need to ask staff for sandwiches, soda, and alcohol. I uploaded a couple of pics I took during my short stay there.

krazykanuck likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stopped into the KLM Lounge Saturday 6/26 at 9 AM

The lounge is pretty small but getting seating wasn't an issue. The bathrooms were nice though

Food was limited to cereal, fruit, yogurt and breads. There was free alcohol though and staff were making cocktails for people.
krazykanuck and hyedmd like this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I stopped into the KLM Lounge Saturday 6/26 at 9 AM

The lounge is pretty small but getting seating wasn't an issue. The bathrooms were nice though

Food was limited to cereal, fruit, yogurt and breads. There was free alcohol though and staff were making cocktails for people.
Great pics. KLM got better over the past few months. One thing to note is that they direct you to the AirFrance lounge located nearby at the gate D12 after 3pm on certain days (see the image below). PP app still lists AirFrance lounge as temporarily closed.

Old Dec 1, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Flying AF La Premiere — Centurion Lounge or AF LP section?

This is a niche question for sure but I understand the AF lounge has a small roped-off section for F/La Premiere passengers but it’s unclear if they offer anything special there beyond just the seating area. In that event am I just better off using the Centurion Lounge, which by most accounts seems to be superior to AF Lounge? Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My instinct would be first to use the Centurion lounge if you have time and it's not too much of a detour between your check in and TSA airport security lines and your gate and then to move to the AF lounge closer to departure time. Being in the airline's own allowance gives you the latest information on delays, etc. and puts you where you want to be if IROPs necessitate rebooking.
Old May 22, 2023, 3:51 pm

Can anyone confirm whether Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar accepts take out orders?
Old May 23, 2023, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by wahoyaho
Can anyone confirm whether Cadillac Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar accepts take out orders?
I left Houston a year ago, and then it varied depending on the waitress. Some were ok with you taking the food out but some were not. Not sure if this has changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.