Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

IAH's "Executive (contact) Lounge" access for LH, SK, BR & CA premium cabin passenger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH's "Executive (contact) Lounge" access for LH, SK, BR & CA premium cabin passenger

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)

Looking at flight records from previous flight numbers identical to mine, it looks like the flight will be leaving from gate D12 in IAH, which is at the end of the D terminal. Looking at the Star Alliance website's lounge finder, there seem to be a couple options...UC near gate C24, or UC near gate E11. At first I thought I could go to the Air China Executive VIP lounge near gate D5, but it won't be open at the time I'll be in the airport. I think I will be arriving at gate C30 (somewhere near there), so, does anyone have any suggestions as to which lounge is closer to D12? Looking at the airport map (https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../maps/iah.aspx), I don't know if I'm better off going toward E11 or C24. Or, is one lounge better than another?

Thanks,
Matt
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
E11...it's a nicer lounge and the D gates are not far. Are you accessing as a star gold? I thought LH had a contract lounge as well for their departures on the D side...might be mistaken.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I'll be accessing as a Star Gold on an international flight. I do see that there's a "HAS Executive Club" contract lounge near D5 for SAS, EVA, and Lufthansa, but looking at the list of amenities, there is only 1, and that's "toilet facilities". I'm guessing they must have *something* else there, but I'm just not sure what to expect, so I don't know if that lounge is any better than the UC (which isn't exactly great, but at least they have more than just toilets...haha).

Any thoughts on that contract lounge? Maybe this is a good time to go check it out, since I don't usually fly out of D.

Thanks,
Matt
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:40 pm

I have been going to the E lounge all the times...

I am looking forwards to try the LH contract lounge in D.
The UA lounge at Term E has showers, if it makes any difference to you.
My next 3 trips IAH to Europe, UA site booked me right into the LH A380 Z fares. So tired of UA IAH FRA/MUC/LHR
Old Jun 17, 2016, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keller281
I am looking forwards to try the LH contract lounge in D.
The UA lounge at Term E has showers, if it makes any difference to you.
My next 3 trips IAH to Europe, UA site booked me right into the LH A380 Z fares. So tired of UA IAH FRA/MUC/LHR
I wish I could get my company to shell out the money for business (or even premium economy) for the long haul flights...

OK, so maybe I should go check out the contract lounge in D. Showers are not important, so that's not a determining factor.

Thanks,
Matt
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: 1K
I haven't ever tried the D contract lounge, but can say that the term E United club is subpar. Usually very crowded, food selection is poor, and have to pay for decent booze. I'd try D first unless someone else here has been to both
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:36 pm

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
It has been a little while since I have used D lounge but previously it had more, better food options but otherwise I prefer E.

While E can get crowded, the third floor on E usually has space and is quiet(er)

All UA clubs there have the same booze normally and the D contract has booze also. D has no windows if that matters to you though I do recall a small biz center with at least one printer.

IAH only has two A380 cape gates and Lufty is often at D-12 while Emirates uses the mid terminal one but YMMV
Old Jun 17, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
nvmd, I made this whole reply cause i saw IAD and not IAH LOL

If you have amex plat - Centurion lounge opening soon, just not sure when....
Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Do *G have access to contract lounges? Or is it restricted to F/C pax?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 9:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Hipplewm
nvmd, I made this whole reply cause i saw IAD and not IAH LOL

If you have amex plat - Centurion lounge opening soon, just not sure when....
Until then, there's an Air France lounge at IAH that you can access through your complimentary Priority Pass subscription.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrs70
Do *G have access to contract lounges? Or is it restricted to F/C pax?
According to

http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

*G flying in Y has access to the contract lounge.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 10:29 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
According to LH.com's lounge finder:

Houston - Intercontinental, TX
Terminal D, departure level opposite gates D4 and D5
HAS Executive Club
Opening hours 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm

For F/C and *G pax.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We know UA *G, even on domestic Y flights, can access the LH IAD lounge. I thought I read somewhere that we could use the lounge at IAH also but never tried it. Sounds like we should try it and report back what happens?
Old Jun 18, 2016, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Decided to give the contract lounge in D a try, so I'm sitting in it right now. It's quite nice, actually. Much quieter and less busy than all other UC's that I've been to. They have a better food spread and a better bar selection also. ^
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
The contract lounge was recently renovated before and after I still find it to be crappy.

There's barely any drinks available and the food as usual is crap.

I just find it funny to day, some still have to hand write each PAX's name that entered instead of just the seat #, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.