Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: krazykanuck
Terminal A, North Concourse, across from Gate A9
Term B South Mezzanine, above the United Express ticket counter
C-North, near Gate C1
C-South, near Gate C33
Term E, between Gates E11 and E12 -- Lower level
The Polaris Lounge on the upper levels is presently closed but may reopen 2021Q4

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Still trying to use my Continental OnePass miles...
Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH

Has IAH been upgraded to Polaris lounge yet? Also, have all the 777-200s been upgraded to "real" Polaris? Flying IAH-AMS this summer and want to know before I book.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
No
No
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Any ETA? Seems like it's taking forever.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Lounge construction is underway, and there'll be no guarantee on the Polaris seats until at least an entire fleet other than 773ER is complete with the retrofit. As of now, very few flights out of IAH are Polaris (unless something changed recently). The lounge may be ready by the time you are there, but hard product on the plane will take at least through this year and probably half of 2019. The 767-300ERs are getting retrofitted already, so your best chance is on one of them, but as of summer it'll probably only be a 50-60% chance. 772s have not started yet.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chermorg
Lounge construction is underway, and there'll be no guarantee on the Polaris seats until at least an entire fleet other than 773ER is complete with the retrofit. As of now, very few flights out of IAH are Polaris (unless something changed recently). The lounge may be ready by the time you are there, but hard product on the plane will take at least through this year and probably half of 2019. The 767-300ERs are getting retrofitted already, so your best chance is on one of them, but as of summer it'll probably only be a 50-60% chance. 772s have not started yet.
Thanks. Interesting that they still market these flights as "Polaris" - they're the older lie flats, right? Not the pods? I'm referring to the 772s usually on IAH-AMS.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by correction
Thanks. Interesting that they still market these flights as "Polaris" - they're the older lie flats, right? Not the pods? I'm referring to the 772s usually on IAH-AMS.
Yep, the standard sCO seat, though to be fair it's still pretty comfortable and has a lot more personal space than the sUA IPTE seat (IPTE is the seat in the 2/4/2 772s, which don't normally operate ex-IAH as far as I know).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfo789
Yep, the standard sCO seat, though to be fair it's still pretty comfortable and has a lot more personal space than the sUA IPTE seat (IPTE is the seat in the 2/4/2 772s, which don't normally operate ex-IAH as far as I know).
This coincides with my knowledge - 772s out of IAH are sCO and have the seat similar to the one on the 787s now.

edit with more information - thanks EWR764 below They've apparently actually started modifying one 772 but will not be due until April. So, there's a chance, but it's super slim as if I were UA I'd put the 772s being refurbished on routes that have 2-4-2 772s now and leave the sCO ones alone.

Last edited by chermorg; Jan 30, 2018 at 5:56 pm Reason: clarify with more info from below
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
None and none.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
772s have not started yet.
N786UA (STC bird) is in mod at XMN. Due out in April.

It is absurd that it's taken to this point for UA to get the first 772 in the shop, but nothing to do about it now except hope they can accelerate the pace.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
What could this thread use is a good summary of the present UA lounge by lounge situation for all of IAH? Since I not a regular traveler thru IAH, I am unable to summarize the present situation. Can anyone else?
Term A
Term B
C1, C33
Term E

From the posting, seems all the renovations are done?? except for the Polaris lounge for the top floors of E?? But not all the pasts are clear so I may be off hence the thought we need a clean summary.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
What could this thread use is a good summary of the present UA lounge by lounge situation for all of IAH? Since I not a regular traveler thru IAH, I am unable to summarize the present situation. Can anyone else?
Term A
Term B
C1, C33
Term E

From the posting, seems all the renovations are done?? except for the Polaris lounge for the top floors of E?? But not all the pasts are clear so I may be off hence the thought we need a clean summary.
To my knowledge they didn't do any large scale renovations except for C-North and E. A/B/C-South were never planned to be renovated but merely get the updated furniture and decor at some point to my understanding.

I visited the C-North and E clubs this past week on Tuesday when I was passing through - there's no construction on either except the top floor of E being converted to Polaris - and that floor is completely closed off (the access from the main floor is walled in). I'll try to swing by the B and C-South locations either Friday or Sunday and let you know if there's anything going on there.

For the record, I have a clear memory of C-North before the renovations and I love the new C-North - easily the best club at IAH behind E (although E is uber crowded now that it's only half the size).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
To my knowledge they didn't do any large scale renovations except for C-North and E. A/B/C-South were never planned to be renovated but merely get the updated furniture and decor at some point to my understanding.

I visited the C-North and E clubs this past week on Tuesday when I was passing through - there's no construction on either except the top floor of E being converted to Polaris - and that floor is completely closed off (the access from the main floor is walled in). I'll try to swing by the B and C-South locations either Friday or Sunday and let you know if there's anything going on there.

For the record, I have a clear memory of C-North before the renovations and I love the new C-North - easily the best club at IAH behind E (although E is uber crowded now that it's only half the size).
I agree with above. Still mostly hanging in Centurion Lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:09 am

C-North is now physically very nice, but it is also too crowded with the new gates. And it’s only going to get worse once the rest of the C-North gates reopen; I cannot imagine what it’s going to be like. I am also mostly hanging in the Centurion lately.

Side note: No clear memory needed to remember what C-North used to look like... just look at C-South :-).
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds

C-North is now physically very nice, but it is also too crowded with the new gates. And it’s only going to get worse once the rest of the C-North gates reopen; I cannot imagine what it’s going to be like. I am also mostly hanging in the Centurion lately.

Side note: No clear memory needed to remember what C-North used to look like... just look at C-South :-).
To be completely honest, it could very well be the times I’ve been there, but C-North is less crowded than E by a long shot - and E’s the larger lounge. Personally I’d rather try and find a seat in C-North than sit in C-South, but maybe I’ll do just that if it’s crowded when I go through there this weekend.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:03 am

Was in C North last Thursday around 4pm and there wasn't a single seat available in the club. About 10 of us standing waiting for a seat to open. Craziness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.