Search

Istanbul Lounge with United Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and More
Istanbul Lounge with United Club Membership

Hello,

I subscribed to the United Club which allows me to join all the Star Alliance Member's Business Class Lounges according to the Lounge Policy of Star Alliance if flying with a Star Alliance flight.

Paid Lounge Membership Customers

As holder of an eligible Paid Lounge Membership, you have access to any Star Alliance member airline’s Business Class Lounge at the airport where your flight departs. Eligible paid memberships are United Club and Air Canada Maple Leaf Club – Worldwide.

You will need to show your boarding pass for a Star Alliance member airline operated flight together with your valid paid lounge membership card, displaying the Star Alliance Lounge Logo.

You are entitled to bring one guest travelling on any Star Alliance flight departing from the same airport on the same day.
On the Lounge finder page , you can set up the filters by choosing your Membership and the Finder shows you the Lounges accessible for you. So far so good, the finder shows me the Istanbul Lounge.

However, I got trouble because on the Istanbul Lounge official page , the United Club isn't displayed under the Access Policy.

Who can enjoy Lounge Istanbul?

Business Class passengers traveling with Turkish Airlines, Miles&Smiles Elite and Elite Plus cardholders traveling in Economy Class, Star Alliance Gold and Turkish Airlines Corporate Club members can use Lounge Istanbul and enjoy all its services. For more detailed information visit our Miles&Smiles page. At Lounge Istanbul, we are constantly renewing and developing our lounges. Below you can see some of the other services we provide in order to create the perfect setting for you.
I wrote a message to Turkish Airlines on Facebook, explaining the problem, but the only thing they did, was copying exactly that Lounge Policy.

What doing now? Does somebody has experiences with that topic? I preferably don't want to risk to not get into the Lounge during my stay at IST.

Thank you,

James
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Your question relates to the rules of UC membership.
Why are you contacting TK?
Suggest you read this https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...b-members.html
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is what telephones are for. Perhaps the language is imrprecise, perhaps it is intentional, and perhaps it is not *A. Simply call and ask. You can then engage in a conversation if you have not been heard correctly or something is amiss.

Much better than email or posting here to complain/
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:52 am
Original Poster

I estimate I made minimum 20 calls to different offices of Turkish Airlines... I you have luck and exceptionally the operator understand what you want, they forward your call to an other service where you will be stuck in waiting loop.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I don't know if this pertains to the OP, but FYI a Star Alliance Business Lounge is not the same as a Star Alliance Gold Lounge.

For example, at FRA, LH has Star Alliance Business Lounges for those in C but don't have *G status. The Star Alliance Gold Lounges cannot be accessed solely by non-status members who fly C.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:07 am
Original Poster

On the Website of Star Alliance, you can use the Lounge Finder Tool, where you can set in the Filters the United Club under Paid Memberships and the finder shows the Lounges accessible for you.

The Istanbul Lounge *G is listed.

Lounge finder is linked in the main post.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jam3s
On the Website of Star Alliance, you can use the Lounge Finder Tool, where you can set in the Filters the United Club under Paid Memberships and the finder shows the Lounges accessible for you.

The Istanbul Lounge *G is listed.

Lounge finder is linked in the main post.
I'm not doubting what you see. I'm just saying what I know from experience. Many *A carriers have a separate business lounge from their *G lounges.
I do find that the lounge finder filters on the *A website aren't always accurate though. YMMV?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

I contacted *A and Turkish Airlines by Feedback Form, hope getting a clear answer... I know the Istanbul Lounge is *G but it‘s a business class lounge... So actually, I should have access. Thank you anyway
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I contacted *A and Turkish Airlines by Feedback Form, hope getting a clear answer... I know the Istanbul Lounge is *G but it‘s a business class lounge... So actually, I should have access. Thank you anyway
Yes, and you're probably right. Please do let us know what the answer is!
jam3s likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Finally, Turkish Airlines said no, but United Airlines guaranteed me that their Club Cardholders have definitely access to all *A Members Lounges. Don't know what to believe now. Had someone already experiences with?

Thanks
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:13 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
See this discussion in the UA forum:

Mileage Plus Club card Turkish Airlines lounge?

...don't be distracted by the thread title, a Chase Club Card is simply another way of buying a United Club membership. The membership is identical.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
See this discussion in the UA forum:

Mileage Plus Club card Turkish Airlines lounge?

...don't be distracted by the thread title, a Chase Club Card is simply another way of buying a United Club membership. The membership is identical.
For @jam3s it looks like the answer is "yes"...
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, a made a reply in that topic, maybe someone of them who tried it has an answer now.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, a made a reply in that topic, maybe someone of them who tried it has an answer now.
Assuming you'll get in, just make sure that you don't eat until you get inside so that you can swim in the sea of food and beverages they offer.
jam3s and KiwiRob like this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: United; JetBlue; American; Avianca; Delta; Bonvoy
I was at the Istanbul lounge in Sept 2017 and I accessed the lounge with my wife using the club membership card. Oddly, the Turkish Airlines lounge at Gokcen would not admit me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.