FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The definitive guide to lounges in Houston, Texas (IAH/HOU)
Old Feb 8, 2018, 9:03 pm
krazykanuck
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
BA First Lounge IAH

(shamelessly re-posted from my Trip Report where this originally appeared in May 2016)

I'm not really sure why BA operates two premium lounges at IAH, 1 for F and OW Emeralds and 1 for F/J and lesser OW members when they have all of 2 flights a day to LHR. The lounge is rather small but well appointed. There is a hot soup, cold sandwiches, and a variety of other nibbles (look at me, I can speak British too!)

The highlight is the bar though. Free pour Woodford Reserve is the bourbon and both Tanquarey 10 and Bombay Sapphire are two gins on offer and they had a decent bottled beer selection including 2-3 local brews. I spent a pleasant couple of hours here before hiking all the way back to Terminal A for my flight to LAX. To modify a Ferris Bueller quote, if you have the means, I highly recommend visiting this lounge. It was a virtual sanctuary compared to the KLM Crown Lounge which I usually use and have been disappointed with the decline in food and beverage quality over the last year.

Food area of the lounge

Seating and bar area in the back

Beer and some delicious chili

Bar close up