Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems/Issues thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:32 pm

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by libertyuk
Does anyone else have trouble editing Giftees to his or her airpoints account? If I go to Gifting Register, the Koru logo just flips constantly as if it is loading. It doesn't matter what browser I use (Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and it's a Macbook running High Sierra.
Yes I had an issue where the giftee was 'greyed out' post editing - call to Air NZ and they removed / replaced, all working now
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
OK, so booked a TT flight today and entered my TG*G ff# to make initial seat selections.
No issues selecting HVC-zone seats on the 320NEO.

I accessed the booking this evening as I was pondering a seat change, but it seems that (again) the system doesn’t recognise my TG*G status. This isnt a new bug, but it remains annoying.

I tried re-entering the number, clearing cookies, using the app, and standing on my left with my tongue poked out. Nothing worked. I might call tomorrow just to see what the call centre staff can see. I didnt use my middle name on the NZ booking (this features in my TG profile), but my TG status was picked up ok during booking without it. Could it be possible this causes a data mismatch when NZ goes back to query my TG status?

Any recent experience of this bug from others who have recently entered a non-NZ ff# with *G status ?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Any recent experience of this bug from others who have recently entered a non-NZ ff# with *G status ?

Have you tried a dummy booking with the TG number to see if it's still working?

It's worth noting that HVC seating with non NZ *G is not an offical benefit so there is no *A requirement to keep it working 24/7.

I also don't know how they do it with *A but back when Virgin was a partner, Air NZ had their own list of Virgin Gold/Plats which was updated every few days. I'd assume *A partners would be similar process and maybe you're somethings gone wrong with this process.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henrus
Have you tried a dummy booking with the TG number to see if it's still working?
Did that last night before posting, and it all worked with HVC seats available, as it did at the time of booking.

Will call and see what staff can see. I have the forward exit row (11) so not unhappy, more curious.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Preferred seating hasn't been an actual *G promoted benefit for quite some time. I am surprised NZ still offer it when they don't need to.

Even UA used to let *G select reasonable seats and would often give Economy Plus at Premier Access of your asked. Now you're lucky if you get something that's not at the very back..
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Preferred seating hasn't been an actual *G promoted benefit for quite some time. I am surprised NZ still offer it when they don't need to.

Even UA used to let *G select reasonable seats and would often give Economy Plus at Premier Access of your asked. Now you're lucky if you get something that's not at the very back..
Though had a nice UA gate agent who put me on a different fight due to plane going tech. Got given a seat down back, she went that's no good and found very front row of ecomny cabin behind first bulkhead in a window seat so find the right person
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problems getting a seat change from 11C to 07A by phone agent. I asked if he could ‘see’ my HVC seat choices online after he had just moved me; he said he couldn’t see the HVC zone seats.

I have encountered this issue before, and self-check kiosks always say ‘Koru’. Grateful that at least partial functionality remains during booking and check-in, if not between.

I made a dummy booking just as I was calling the agent to see what was available, and compared this with the app seat map after the change.

Dummy booking using TG*G credentials. wanting to move from 11C to 07A

After the agent moved me, still using my TG*G credentials
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:02 am

I suspect they moved you just out of curtsey rather than actually seeing your status and this requires approval from someone in the premium team. I'd suggest removing the TG number and then adding some other number before re-adding the TG number to see if that makes any difference.

After the phone call are you now able to access the HVC seating online? They are able to add a one off HVC tag to the flight so that premium seating can be selected even when no FF number is in the booking.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Upgrading UA flight segment on NZ ticket

For a recent multi stop booking ticketed by NZ which has a domestic UA segment, I went to the UA website plugged in the UA booking reference and upgraded the UA domestic flight to First. I have done this several times over the last few years without any hiccups until now.

I refreshed my NZ app the next day and the UA flight on the itinerary was still showing Economy, plus the seat and meal selection on all the NZ flights had disappeared and other things you see under each flight segment simply said 'Refer to ticket'.
When I clicked Manage booking on the app, it threw an error and I had the same issue on the desktop site as well.
I called NZ last night and the first agent I spoke to said he couldn't access the booking 'completely' and said it was a travel agent booking and then told me to call United to sort it out after I told him what I had done with the UA flight.
I knew United couldn't do anything as it is NZ ticket stock so called NZ again this morning, she consulted with a supervisor and said the reason it was indeed due to the UA upgrade which they didn't know about (UA is responsible for letting NZ know about the upgraded segment) and she was surprised I could upgrade the domestic UA flight directly on UA's website.
The second thing she said was due to the processing of APD upgrade on one of the NZ flights in the itinerary (which I had posted about here) - when the upgrade didn't clear straight away on NZ1, I had called them in the weekend to enquire and the agent recommended changing to NZ5 that day as she could see R class availability. So she had made the changes but had to send it off to a special team to process and confirm it but she hadn't released my PE seat on the original flight I was booked on and that was another potential reason it corrupted the whole booking.

Anyways, it was all sorted out in the end by a very helpful agent this morning and all the flight segments are now showing correctly and Manage Booking link is working as it should. Think I might just leave the UA segment alone in future or wait a few days before upgrading.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 4:40 pm

Was this flight past of the outbound or inbound journey? I'm gonna take a guess and say outbound?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Was this flight past of the outbound or inbound journey? I'm gonna take a guess and say outbound?
Yep UA flight was part of the outbound journey
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by gambda
Yep UA flight was part of the outbound journey
Making changes to a single flight can easily break an entire ticket, which is what it's done in this case. I've had a great Premier Access agent who wouldn't do a flight change for me one day because she said it would break my entire Air NZ ticket.

You might just think it's a simple change, but it's not.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Making changes to a single flight can easily break an entire ticket, which is what it's done in this case. I've had a great Premier Access agent who wouldn't do a flight change for me one day because she said it would break my entire Air NZ ticket.

You might just think it's a simple change, but it's not.
I too have had this occurr when upgrading to Economy + on UA. It killed all my confirmed upgrades and allocations and took my friend at NZ forever to sort it out...and I lost my selected 7A in the process😩
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:14 pm

Yip never try and do things with a ticket unless it's done by the carrier that issued it.

Changes can be made on an inbound journey to NZ (ie a UA connection on the same day as a, NZ flight to NZ home) but any other ticket changes run the risk of completely invalidating your NZ ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.