Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2006, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
of course we do
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Has anybody ever experienced this: I am trying to book two seats in Biz for CDG-DXB in early March. Dates are slightly flexible so I have been checking a lot of options and get a lot of different choices just no Direct flights from CDG(either via SPL, MXP or PRG). Also, the "cost" keeps changing from 140k to 160k - and I thought the Skyteam rate was 120k.

The really fun thing is that I just tried requesting AMS-DXB and, you guessed it, the only availability is by connecting through CDG on the direct CDG-DXB flight that I can't book if I leave from... CDG.

I guess I'll just call them tomorrow - but this is strange.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jsfr

I guess I'll just call them tomorrow - but this is strange.
This is the only thing you can do. Sometimes they will not make an award available from CDG or AMS directly but only with connecting flights. This could either be the defective booking engine, or they don't want to make it available. The varying cost is due to a mixing of different awards, it might mix a C award from YYY to ZZZ with a Y award from XXX to YYY. Call them and see if they can book it for you, good luck.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, AA
Cool Misery loves company...

Well, since misery loves company I was happy to come across this thread... On Nov. 5th I booked a ticket from CDG to MAD using some of my remaining AF miles. This was a side trip from a JFK to CDG ticket I purchased through AF. After making the reservation and calling in with my credit card info. for the taxes, I received a "reservation confirmed" email. When the end of Nov. rolled around and my Amex had still not been charged for the taxes, I started to become a little worried. Called AF and they assured me that all was fine. The charge for the taxes finally billed to my Amex account on Dec. 15th when the miles were also deducted from my Flying Blue account.

Arrived at JFK on Feb. 12th with all my reservation print-outs and was told by the L'Espace check-in that my CDG - MAD flight was not the same one I had a "confirmed reservation" for. In fact, the flight AF ticketed me for was one that was departing before my arrival at CDG!!! I was refered to the ticketing desk where they told me that I would have to pay 40 EUR for the change. That's when I blew a gasket!!! I should have to pay for their error. "Just pay now and call the service center later to request a refund", was the advise offered to me. NO WAY! Not when it is clearly AF's error. I stood firm and eventually, they did make the change for no charge - as they should have from the start (while expressing their sincere regret for the error).

If I we can't trust AF to get the bookings of award tickets for their frequent flyers correct, why should we trust them at all? Fortunetly, I was just using up remaining miles from my old Frequency Plus account. I still fly AF and sometimes book directly through them but all flights are credited to my Delta account where I have elite status. Now I just have to hope that Delta does not go under.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
When booking an AF award ticket, you receive two e-mails. The first one acknowledging your reservation is issued immediately after you have completed the reservation. The second one issues the e-ticket, once the taxes have been charged to your credit card. On one occasion, I did not receive the second e-mail, but I was not worried because the flight was three months away. One month later, I decided to check with the FFP and they found out that there had been a bug in the process and promptly issued the e-ticket.

Did you receive the second e-mail and was the information coherent with the one you received for the reservation ?
Old Feb 28, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, AA
Thanks for your follow-up. No, I only got one email which listed the reservation status as "confirmed". Even the agent at the ticketing desk at JFK could not understand why the reservation was changed over five weeks later. There were still seats availalbe on the flight I reserved. Possibly just human error.

I think I was more upset by the way it was handled at JFK. All companies make errors. I judge customer service not only by what a comany does right but also by what they do when something goes wrong. In the end I did get the flight I originally scheduled without paying a fee for a change but it was not a pleasant or customer-friendly exchange. And anyway, they falied to get my luggage onto the conneting flight at CDG... but that is another story.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:50 pm

I booked a MXP-CDG-HKG business rtn award ticket today on the FB website. After selecting all business class seats, I moved on to pay the taxes.THen the trip summary gave me CDG-HKG eco seat and CDG-MXP eco, while the other 2 flights remain business. I checked my mileage summary and they only took away 100,000 miles.

When did they proceed with the booking if they don't have C class available? Has anyone expeienced similar problems? Will they be able to rectify it if I call FB on Tuesday?

Thanks.
Old May 9, 2006, 8:39 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
Award Taxes: 5 059.96 EUR !!!

Is the award booking site busted again? I just tried to book a return AMS-SFO, select "open miles" and the site came back with the taxes (belastinggegevens) as indicated below...

Benodigde aantal Miles

De heer CO-FFPlatinum
Benodigde Miles voor deze reis : 160 000 ("Open-Miles"-optie)

Belastinggegevens Totaal : 5 059.96 EUR

Voor cadeautickets gelden alle toepasselijke belastingen.Betaling is verschuldigd op het moment van uitgifte van de tickets.

Bedrag Belastingen Passagier(s) Totaal (incl. belastingen)

4 876 EUR + 183.96 EUR x 1 Volwassene = 5 059.96 EUR
Totaal : 5 059.96 EUR
Voorwaarden award tickets
Old May 9, 2006, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am sure thats the new fuel surcharge on award tickets
Old May 9, 2006, 3:56 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Or simply Generous by Nature. (that is your bank account to theirs)
Old May 9, 2006, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Mods, can we merge this with the sticky ... has been reported before.
Old May 20, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: FB Plat, Eurobonus Silver, Starwood Gold, Amex Plat, Hertz 5*
Award booking.. surprize not realy expected

I ve booked a award flight between PTP-ARN in buisness today, during the online booking the sytem showed me that this one will cost me 50000 miles in Buisiness for the 13 jan 2007. They were also the option to travel eco or alize for less miles. but I did chose the Buisiness for the 50000 miles. everything went well, taxe and charge no problem. The suprize begun when I called the reservation center to pre-assigne my seat, when I told the agent that I will have the seat 1A she told me that was not possible since I travel eco what a surprize, I bellived I should travel Business but she told me that was not the case....efter som argue she transfered me to FB. There the lady nicely explain me that they were no place in business so they put me in eco. She told me that when we book on line we are booking "inblindo" and that the system does not show the right info, and put you in the best possible class.
I ve cancelled the ticket and recieve my milles back. but I am very confused.
Old May 20, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
It's a known bug in the booking engine. Has been known for a long time, but KL/AF are in no hurry to fix it.

See http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482001.
Old May 20, 2006, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyback
I ve booked a award flight between PTP-ARN in buisness today, during the online booking the sytem showed me that this one will cost me 50000 miles in Buisiness for the 13 jan 2007. ...
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
It's a known bug in the booking engine. Has been known for a long time, but KL/AF are in no hurry to fix it.

See http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482001.
I informed Frederic Babu about that error today and will see what's his answer. Will post answer here.

, please merge this to existing award-booking-error-thread. thank you.
Old May 21, 2006, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyback
I ve booked a award flight between PTP-ARN in buisness today, during the online booking the sytem showed me that this one will cost me 50000 miles in Buisiness for the 13 jan 2007. They were also the option to travel eco or alize for less miles. but I did chose the Buisiness for the 50000 miles. everything went well, taxe and charge no problem. The suprize begun when I called the reservation center to pre-assigne my seat, when I told the agent that I will have the seat 1A she told me that was not possible since I travel eco what a surprize, I bellived I should travel Business but she told me that was not the case....efter som argue she transfered me to FB. There the lady nicely explain me that they were no place in business so they put me in eco. She told me that when we book on line we are booking "inblindo" and that the system does not show the right info, and put you in the best possible class.
YGPM !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.