Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2022, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I confirm, Xandrios is correct : 1134 miles lead to 71 ALL points.
Old May 9, 2022, 2:55 am

Programs: FB Gold
My stay on 03/05 posted 3 days later into my FB account. So perhaps a hair slower than the usual 24-48h but still working.....
Old May 23, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
I joined miles + points prior to my most recent flight under the impression that Accor points would accrue in addition to the usual miles per flight.

I received the bonus 5XP however the miles awarded were much less than the amount awarded for my previous flight on this route at the same fare (and I’ve gone from Silver to Gold since my last flight, so I expected the miles awarded to increase.) Wanted to check if somehow m+p impacted this before I set off to chase down the missing miles.
Old May 23, 2022, 3:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by miles4CDG
I joined miles + points prior to my most recent flight under the impression that Accor points would accrue in addition to the usual miles per flight.
Seems you are talking about two different things

2 euros spent on a flight = 1 Reward point
1 euro spent at the hotel* = 1 Flying Blue Mile

I received the bonus 5XP however the miles awarded were much less than the amount awarded for my previous flight on this route at the same fare (and I’ve gone from Silver to Gold since my last flight, so I expected the miles awarded to increase.)
Was this flight as one booking with a single segment in the same direction ?

Please check the prices for both without VAT and other taxes/fees , if it is the same then yes the amount of miles should be the same in theory

For return or even multi segments trips it is a bit different , cause the price breakdown per segment isnt important for you, as you will receive final amount of miles depending on total amount of cash you spend (minus fees/taxes)

Wanted to check if somehow m+p impacted this before I set off to chase down the missing miles.
No it doesnt impact the amount of miles you receive . The points are calculated and granted based on what you paid per segment , and FB status is not relevant
miles4CDG likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Seems you are talking about two different things

2 euros spent on a flight = 1 Reward point
1 euro spent at the hotel* = 1 Flying Blue Miles

Was this flight as one booking with a single segment in the same direction ?

Please check the prices for both without VAT and other taxes/fees , if it is the same then yes the amount of miles should be the same in theory

For return or even multi segments trips it is a bit different , cause the price breakdown per segment isnt important for you, as you will receive final amount of miles depending on total amount of cash you spend (minus fees/taxes)

No it doesnt impact the amount of miles you receive . The points are calculated and granted based on what you paid per segment , and FB status is not relevant
Thanks for all this! Yes, the flight was one booking, single segment, one direction and identical to the flight I took 2 months ago (route/booking class/fare) with the exception I am now Gold and joined m+p.

I thought I’d earn more miles as a Gold, and was surprised to see I earned much less than I earned as Silver, so wondered if m+p was the reason (and that I somehow misunderstood how m+p worked.) It sounds like that’s not the case, and I need to track down the missing miles (as opposed to unjoining m+p ☺️)
Old May 25, 2022, 4:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I thought I’d earn more miles as a Gold, and was surprised to see I earned much less than I earned as Silver, so wondered if m+p was the reason (and that I somehow misunderstood how m+p worked.) It sounds like that’s not the case, and I need to track down the missing miles (as opposed to unjoining m+p ☺️)
Yes , reach FB support and ask to check
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just signed up for this, and wondering if I can get retroactive credit with FB for 4 nights and 1250 points that I earned in the last few weeks? No issues if not, since I wasn't signed up, but I figure it's worth asking.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 2:41 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cricketer
Just signed up for this, and wondering if I can get retroactive credit with FB for 4 nights and 1250 points that I earned in the last few weeks? No issues if not, since I wasn't signed up, but I figure it's worth asking.
No , in theory you can't you should have sign for this before your stay . If it does happen it will be probably due to IT bug
cricketer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Although slightly unrelated : the current FB Shop for Miles Accor offer isn't bad at all for extra miles : https://shopformiles.flyingblue.com/...imitless-57670

Last edited by Nico40; Jul 22, 2022 at 10:09 am Reason: Typo
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:04 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
Original Poster

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I wasn't aware of these kind of promo's existing on that platform. So if I understand correctly, when booking Sofitel through that link you'll get 3,5 extra flying blue miles per Euro spent? It looks like the miles are connected to the online purchase, so presumably this requires to book and pay for a reservation online (rather than something flexible, paid at the hotel..)?
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But presumably you still get the miles and points double dip if you book through this? I too was unaware of these offers, which seem best suited for use if you actually live in France.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:09 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
But presumably you still get the miles and points double dip if you book through this?
No , as "miles and points" only apply for booking made directly through accor's approved booking channels

Originally Posted by Concerto
I too was unaware of these offers, which seem best suited for use if you actually live in France.
Its not new , there are sometimes such offer on this shopformiles about accor , as far as i know this one is not limited to france

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I wasn't aware of these kind of promo's existing on that platform. So if I understand correctly, when booking Sofitel through that link you'll get 3,5 extra flying blue miles per Euro spent? It looks like the miles are connected to the online purchase, so presumably this requires to book and pay for a reservation online (rather than something flexible, paid at the hotel..)?
You pay upfront and if memory is correct it is seen as booked from 3rd party OTA , so no benefits or ALL points
Old Jul 30, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by Xandrios
It looks like the miles are connected to the online purchase, so presumably this requires to book and pay for a reservation online (rather than something flexible, paid at the hotel..)?
Correct. You have to connect onto accor.com through FB Shop for miles (and in my experience, once on accor.com better going straight to the reservation as a too complex navigation - like browsing the hotel presentation page, personal account, etc might break the connection with FB). It seems to me that only prepaid bookings work. Indeed those miles are on top Accor points / FB miles collected through the usual double dip.
Credit on the FB account is posted a fortnight or so after the stay (with some deviation - it might involve a manual validation somewhere).
Amounts shown on the FB Shop page are valid (at least for Pullman and Mövenpick, the 1 : 3.5 ratio does work).
Old Aug 14, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Accor points are based on EUR spent on AFKL flights, as FB miles normally are as well. However, if booking for instance a touroperator fare, Flying Blue credits miles based on distance and a percentage depending on the fare class. How does this work with Accor then if the fare paid is not availabe?
Old Aug 14, 2022, 10:18 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
However, if booking for instance a touroperator fare, Flying Blue credits miles based on distance and a percentage depending on the fare class.
More infos about this available somewhere ?

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
How does this work with Accor then if the fare paid is not availabe?
what do you mean by not available ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.