Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

FB and Accor 'Miles+Points'

Old May 6, 22, 12:55 am
  #241  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 19,615
I confirm, Xandrios is correct : 1134 miles lead to 71 ALL points.
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 9, 22, 3:55 am
  #242  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: FRA/SXB
Programs: AF/KLM FB Gold, AccorHotels Gold
Posts: 1,119
My stay on 03/05 posted 3 days later into my FB account. So perhaps a hair slower than the usual 24-48h but still working.....
mlin32 is online now  
Old May 23, 22, 3:40 pm
  #243  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Posts: 280
I joined miles + points prior to my most recent flight under the impression that Accor points would accrue in addition to the usual miles per flight.

I received the bonus 5XP however the miles awarded were much less than the amount awarded for my previous flight on this route at the same fare (and Ive gone from Silver to Gold since my last flight, so I expected the miles awarded to increase.) Wanted to check if somehow m+p impacted this before I set off to chase down the missing miles.
miles4CDG is offline  
Old May 23, 22, 4:53 pm
  #244  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 2,108
Originally Posted by miles4CDG View Post
I joined miles + points prior to my most recent flight under the impression that Accor points would accrue in addition to the usual miles per flight.
Seems you are talking about two different things

2 euros spent on a flight = 1 Reward point
1 euro spent at the hotel* = 1 Flying Blue Mile

Originally Posted by miles4CDG View Post
I received the bonus 5XP however the miles awarded were much less than the amount awarded for my previous flight on this route at the same fare (and Ive gone from Silver to Gold since my last flight, so I expected the miles awarded to increase.)
Was this flight as one booking with a single segment in the same direction ?

Please check the prices for both without VAT and other taxes/fees , if it is the same then yes the amount of miles should be the same in theory

For return or even multi segments trips it is a bit different , cause the price breakdown per segment isnt important for you, as you will receive final amount of miles depending on total amount of cash you spend (minus fees/taxes)

Originally Posted by miles4CDG View Post
Wanted to check if somehow m+p impacted this before I set off to chase down the missing miles.
No it doesnt impact the amount of miles you receive . The points are calculated and granted based on what you paid per segment , and FB status is not relevant
miles4CDG likes this.
fifty_two is offline  
Old May 23, 22, 6:43 pm
  #245  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Posts: 280
Originally Posted by fifty_two View Post
Seems you are talking about two different things

2 euros spent on a flight = 1 Reward point
1 euro spent at the hotel* = 1 Flying Blue Miles

Was this flight as one booking with a single segment in the same direction ?

Please check the prices for both without VAT and other taxes/fees , if it is the same then yes the amount of miles should be the same in theory

For return or even multi segments trips it is a bit different , cause the price breakdown per segment isnt important for you, as you will receive final amount of miles depending on total amount of cash you spend (minus fees/taxes)

No it doesnt impact the amount of miles you receive . The points are calculated and granted based on what you paid per segment , and FB status is not relevant
Thanks for all this! Yes, the flight was one booking, single segment, one direction and identical to the flight I took 2 months ago (route/booking class/fare) with the exception I am now Gold and joined m+p.

I thought Id earn more miles as a Gold, and was surprised to see I earned much less than I earned as Silver, so wondered if m+p was the reason (and that I somehow misunderstood how m+p worked.) It sounds like thats not the case, and I need to track down the missing miles (as opposed to unjoining m+p ☺️)
miles4CDG is offline  
Old May 25, 22, 5:51 am
  #246  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 2,108
Originally Posted by miles4CDG View Post
I thought Id earn more miles as a Gold, and was surprised to see I earned much less than I earned as Silver, so wondered if m+p was the reason (and that I somehow misunderstood how m+p worked.) It sounds like thats not the case, and I need to track down the missing miles (as opposed to unjoining m+p ☺️)
Yes , reach FB support and ask to check
miles4CDG likes this.
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jul 21, 22, 5:53 pm
  #247  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/SJC
Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, Hertz PC
Posts: 2,064
Just signed up for this, and wondering if I can get retroactive credit with FB for 4 nights and 1250 points that I earned in the last few weeks? No issues if not, since I wasn't signed up, but I figure it's worth asking.
cricketer is offline  
Old Jul 22, 22, 3:41 am
  #248  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 2,108
Originally Posted by cricketer View Post
Just signed up for this, and wondering if I can get retroactive credit with FB for 4 nights and 1250 points that I earned in the last few weeks? No issues if not, since I wasn't signed up, but I figure it's worth asking.
No , in theory you can't you should have sign for this before your stay . If it does happen it will be probably due to IT bug
cricketer likes this.
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jul 22, 22, 11:09 am
  #249  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Posts: 264
Although slightly unrelated : the current FB Shop for Miles Accor offer isn't bad at all for extra miles : https://shopformiles.flyingblue.com/...imitless-57670

Last edited by Nico40; Jul 22, 22 at 11:09 am Reason: Typo
Nico40 is offline  
Old Jul 23, 22, 5:04 am
  #250  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Posts: 6,474
I wasn't aware of these kind of promo's existing on that platform. So if I understand correctly, when booking Sofitel through that link you'll get 3,5 extra flying blue miles per Euro spent? It looks like the miles are connected to the online purchase, so presumably this requires to book and pay for a reservation online (rather than something flexible, paid at the hotel..)?
Xandrios is offline  
Old Jul 24, 22, 5:13 am
  #251  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 10,699
But presumably you still get the miles and points double dip if you book through this? I too was unaware of these offers, which seem best suited for use if you actually live in France.
Concerto is online now  
Old Jul 24, 22, 2:09 pm
  #252  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 2,108
Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
But presumably you still get the miles and points double dip if you book through this?
No , as "miles and points" only apply for booking made directly through accor's approved booking channels

Originally Posted by Concerto View Post
I too was unaware of these offers, which seem best suited for use if you actually live in France.
Its not new , there are sometimes such offer on this shopformiles about accor , as far as i know this one is not limited to france

Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
I wasn't aware of these kind of promo's existing on that platform. So if I understand correctly, when booking Sofitel through that link you'll get 3,5 extra flying blue miles per Euro spent? It looks like the miles are connected to the online purchase, so presumably this requires to book and pay for a reservation online (rather than something flexible, paid at the hotel..)?
You pay upfront and if memory is correct it is seen as booked from 3rd party OTA , so no benefits or ALL points
fifty_two is offline  
Old Jul 30, 22, 6:50 pm
  #253  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by Xandrios View Post
It looks like the miles are connected to the online purchase, so presumably this requires to book and pay for a reservation online (rather than something flexible, paid at the hotel..)?
Correct. You have to connect onto accor.com through FB Shop for miles (and in my experience, once on accor.com better going straight to the reservation as a too complex navigation - like browsing the hotel presentation page, personal account, etc might break the connection with FB). It seems to me that only prepaid bookings work. Indeed those miles are on top Accor points / FB miles collected through the usual double dip.
Credit on the FB account is posted a fortnight or so after the stay (with some deviation - it might involve a manual validation somewhere).
Amounts shown on the FB Shop page are valid (at least for Pullman and Mvenpick, the 1 : 3.5 ratio does work).
Nico40 is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 9:47 am
  #254  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Programs: Delta Silver, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, Accor Gold,, IHG Plat
Posts: 5,262
Accor points are based on EUR spent on AFKL flights, as FB miles normally are as well. However, if booking for instance a touroperator fare, Flying Blue credits miles based on distance and a percentage depending on the fare class. How does this work with Accor then if the fare paid is not availabe?
KLflyerRalph is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 11:18 am
  #255  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: WAW / TBS
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Posts: 2,108
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
However, if booking for instance a touroperator fare, Flying Blue credits miles based on distance and a percentage depending on the fare class.
More infos about this available somewhere ?


Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
How does this work with Accor then if the fare paid is not availabe?
what do you mean by not available ?
fifty_two is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread