FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1867992-new-policy-paid-miles-upgrades-af-kl-sept-2017-a.html)

nldogbert Dec 10, 2017 5:59 am

Hi,

Another data point. Tomorrow I have a flight from CDG-SIN (beginning in AMS). Have a ticket in PE, an S sub class. Checked in today and was offered an upgrade for 419 Euros/60k miles to J. I am still thinking about it since my ticket is already rather expensive.
A sort of just over on what I was willing to pay or use miles (in the old system, this would have cost me just 40k miles).

Cheers!

Ditto Dec 10, 2017 9:00 am

This is the same price range I got for exactly the same flight over 2 years ago, it was about that for both CDG-SIN and SIN-CDG, with one being in A and the other in S.

bodory Dec 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 29155975)
Hi,

Another data point. Tomorrow I have a flight from CDG-SIN (beginning in AMS). Have a ticket in PE, an S sub class. Checked in today and was offered an upgrade for 419 Euros/60k miles to J. I am still thinking about it since my ticket is already rather expensive.
A sort of just over on what I was willing to pay or use miles (in the old system, this would have cost me just 40k miles).

Cheers!

I would definitely take the 419 EUR option. Although not the 60k miles.

JorgeGomez Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Durring online Check-In got an offer for my flight CDG - PTY tomorrow. 929 Euro from Premium economy to business.. Of course I didn`t take it.

JOUY31 Dec 13, 2017 3:41 am

TXL-CDG - offer for € 99. Took the offer.

ranskis Dec 13, 2017 6:21 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 (Post 29168585)
TXL-CDG - offer for € 99. Took the offer.

Please report about Joon business class :)

JOUY31 Dec 13, 2017 10:01 am

Originally Posted by ranskis (Post 29168931)
Please report about Joon business class :)

Please see here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29169656-post154.html

rosensfole Dec 15, 2017 6:23 am

CDG-HND Z to P.... £2,686.60 :eek:

That's double what I've been offered in the past and is more or less the difference between the price paid in J/Z (MAN-CDG-HND) and full La Premiere pricing.

Not an "exceptional offer" AF. Turned down.

shdodhia Dec 15, 2017 11:08 am

I have a interesting scenario. I called AirFrance and used my flyingblue miles to upgrade from economy to business. I did it the day I got a notification from expertflyer that there is O availability for my segment from CDG-BLR on January6th 2018 (AF192). This was on Tuesday morning. The agent processed my upgrade and I got a notification from AirFrance with the upgrade and the same was reflected on my AF and DL booking identifiers. The miles were also debited from my account. Then yesterday I get an email from KLM, first validating the upgrade to O for that segment. Then 30 minutes later I get another email saying that I have been moved back to economy to a B fare. When I speak with flyingblue they tell me that when I got the upgrade there was availability but now there isn't and so they dropped me back to economy. But when I check expertflyer it still shows 8 seats available for O. Any ideas what could be going on?

Goldorak Dec 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by shdodhia (Post 29178115)
I have a interesting scenario. I called AirFrance and used my flyingblue miles to upgrade from economy to business. I did it the day I got a notification from expertflyer that there is O availability for my segment from CDG-BLR on January6th 2018 (AF192). This was on Tuesday morning. The agent processed my upgrade and I got a notification from AirFrance with the upgrade and the same was reflected on my AF and DL booking identifiers. The miles were also debited from my account. Then yesterday I get an email from KLM, first validating the upgrade to O for that segment. Then 30 minutes later I get another email saying that I have been moved back to economy to a B fare. When I speak with flyingblue they tell me that when I got the upgrade there was availability but now there isn't and so they dropped me back to economy. But when I check expertflyer it still shows 8 seats available for O. Any ideas what could be going on?

there's no need to post your story twice in the same forum...

Sjondorn Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by rosensfole (Post 29177047)
CDG-HND Z to P.... £2,686.60 :eek:

That's double what I've been offered in the past and is more or less the difference between the price paid in J/Z (MAN-CDG-HND) and full La Premiere pricing.

Not an "exceptional offer" AF. Turned down.

That's like $3600 (or €3050) :eek: ... unbelievable!

rosensfole Dec 16, 2017 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn (Post 29179348)
That's like $3600 (or €3050) :eek: ... unbelievable!

Indeed. In the past I've had offers of between €1400 - €1500. I might have taken up the offer at that price. Never mind, more money to spend on the finer things in Tokyo :)

goofygoofygooberyeah Dec 16, 2017 5:08 am

CDG-MEX from V fare to business for €480. Dunno why you guys are all complaining 😃

tff Dec 16, 2017 8:48 am

Cdg-lhr €119

Goldorak Dec 16, 2017 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by tff (Post 29181160)
Cdg-lhr €119

this is a very common price on this route.