FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1867992-new-policy-paid-miles-upgrades-af-kl-sept-2017-a.html)

wuzziduzziman Jan 10, 2018 8:50 am

2 more data points on DoD offers earlier this week on AF, GRU-CDG, 777 BEST cabin:
-for a friend from Eco (V) to J for 100.000 mls (no thanks)
-I was in paid J on a Z fare and figured there was a last seat available in P a couple of days ahead of the flight. At the airport, I asked for an offer but they told me P was full. Sitting right behind the P-cabin, I realized the P-seat was still empty. Right after boarding completed, I asked the chief purser about an offer. She checked the tablet and figured I was not eligible (tablet said PAX either on award ticket or non AF/KL marketed flight or non eligible fare). Tough luck...

carnarvon Jan 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman (Post 29274536)
(...) tablet said PAX (...) or non AF/KL marketed flight or non eligible fare).(...)

Was that the case?

bodory Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by carnarvon (Post 29275990)
Was that the case?

Bolding below is mine.

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman (Post 29274536)
2 more data points on DoD offers earlier this week on AF, GRU-CDG, 777 BEST cabin:
-for a friend from Eco (V) to J for 100.000 mls (no thanks)
-I was in paid J on a Z fare and figured there was a last seat available in P a couple of days ahead of the flight. At the airport, I asked for an offer but they told me P was full. Sitting right behind the P-cabin, I realized the P-seat was still empty. Right after boarding completed, I asked the chief purser about an offer. She checked the tablet and figured I was not eligible (tablet said PAX either on award ticket or non AF/KL marketed flight or non eligible fare). Tough luck...

wuzziduzziman Jan 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 29276678)
Bolding below is mine.

Correct.

bodory Jan 11, 2018 3:20 am

Since friends and I are travelling in different cabins (J/Y) I have been checking loads for the past days about AF257 SIN-CDG tomorrow. F and A were wide open while O remained mysteriously closed.

At H-30 the availability dropped suddenly from J9 C9 D9 I9 (I0 for France PoS) - possibly suggesting more than 9 unsold seats - to J3 C3 D3 I3 (I0 for France PoS): very strange.

Still at H-30 for OLCI the offer is: Y (Singapore N fare) to W for 289 EUR (or 460.60 SGD). Non merci

We will ask at check-in.

Xizm Jan 11, 2018 4:31 am

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 29278239)
Since friends and I are travelling in different cabins (J/Y) I have been checking loads for the past days about AF257 SIN-CDG tomorrow. F and A were wide open while O remained mysteriously closed.

At H-30 the availability dropped suddenly from J9 C9 D9 I9 (I0 for France PoS) - possibly suggesting more than 9 unsold seats - to J3 C3 D3 I3 (I0 for France PoS): very strange.

Still at H-30 for OLCI the offer is: Y (Singapore N fare) to W for 289 EUR (or 460.60 SGD). Non merci

We will ask at check-in.

Please report back about the offer at check in :)

Goldorak Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm

CDG-FCO Light fare to C : 89 EUR. I took it :p

Fabo.sk Jan 12, 2018 2:06 am

Does it ever go under 89? I'd like to try AF euro C, but I don't want to pay 89 extra, more like 69 or so is my limit.
(also, since I'm not E+ yet, does the checkin upgrade include lounge access? I have an 3.5h transfer upcoming, so a lounge would help)

Milkman Jan 12, 2018 2:11 am

13/1 CDG-PTY on 772 with BEST:

T-48 J class presumably showed amble space with J7 and fare bucket space gradually decreasing to Z2.
Upon online check-in offered upgrade from L class at 579 EUR which I was happy to take. 11h in BEST is sweet and it was an employer paid ticket in the first place so my personal spend is somewhat limited.
I had a few issues during check-in and actually thought I had lost the oportunity of upgrading. Had to start all over and at some point was also offered upgrade for 99 EUR on my connecting flight from CPH (which I didnt take as I am already in seat 3D I and can have a much better breakfast in the lounge in CPH than onboard).
Eventually was re-offered the upgrade on the long haul at same price. Much to my relief.

Space in J is now down to J3 C2 with everything else 0ed. It's possible that a few others like me have jumped on this offer.

As a side note, I paid around 400 EUR for the same upgrade 3 months ago at T-56 through the email offer prior to check-in.

Solevita Jan 12, 2018 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 29282883)
Does it ever go under 89? I'd like to try AF euro C, but I don't want to pay 89 extra, more like 69 or so is my limit.
(also, since I'm not E+ yet, does the checkin upgrade include lounge access? I have an 3.5h transfer upcoming, so a lounge would help)

I did a few trips GOT-AMS at the end of last year and whenever there was an offer it was always €49.

If you take the upgrade then yes you get lounge access but only immediately prior to the upgraded segment, not before any other segments on the itinerary. From experience you get Sky Priority on all segments though and some outstations may be persuaded by this to give you lounge access on non-upgraded segments too.

bodory Jan 12, 2018 6:14 am

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 29278239)

We will ask at check-in.

Originally Posted by Xizm (Post 29278370)
Please report back about the offer at check in :)

Just asked: J is full.

For the record ExpertFlyer is still showing J4 C4 (was J2 C2 a few hours ago). And J it is still bookable online...

Fabo.sk Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Solevita (Post 29283120)
I did a few trips GOT-AMS at the end of last year and whenever there was an offer it was always €49.

If you take the upgrade then yes you get lounge access but only immediately prior to the upgraded segment, not before any other segments on the itinerary. From experience you get Sky Priority on all segments though and some outstations may be persuaded by this to give you lounge access on non-upgraded segments too.

GOT-AMS, that would be KL though, wouldn't it?
As I am based in AMS, I am much more likely to fly a lot of KL going forward, while I tend to route through CDG these days for the segments (before new FB rules).

Goldorak Jan 12, 2018 1:54 pm

rarely, except to/from WAW.

Yes, it does.

newflyer27 Jan 12, 2018 4:19 pm

a friend of mine got 59 euros offer for CDG WAW today, he had the cheapest ticket possible.

bodory Jan 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by bodory (Post 29283293)
Just asked: J is full.

And J was full indeed.