Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak
They normally post within two weeks of the end of your cardyear.
That should be just about ok! I think the difference is only 2 days!

Thanks for your help
glennhaak likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
For me they have always posted at the monthly billing date (which is the same day as the renewal date). Perhaps a few days earlier or later but not more than that.

Of course, your mileage may vary... A single data point is no guarantee. You are cutting it a bit close!
Old May 1, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have the French Gold AF/FB Amex. In April, my cut-off date for the billing was on the 23rd. The miles are usually always posted immediately to FB, while the actual debit of the money on my bank account occurs toward the last days of the month. We are May 1st and the miles have still not appeared on my FB account. I looked online on Amex site and my april statement shows the number of miles that should be credited to FB. Does anyone else has the same problem ?
I will wait till friday to call them, but I have the feeling it will be the typical case where Amex will tell me that I need to ask FB and FB will tell me to deal with Amex

Last edited by Goldorak; May 2, 2019 at 12:07 am
Old May 1, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
I have the Platinum card and my April miles posted in April as always.
Old May 1, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I will wait till friday to call them, but I have the feeling it will be the typical case where Amex will tell me that I need to ask FB and FB will tell me to deal with Amex
Same issue here. I already called AMEX on monday. They said that they actually did transfer the miles on time, however they offered to involve backoffice people to have a closer look. They might need 10 working days to get back to me, according to the lady on the phone.

Last edited by wuzziduzziman; May 2, 2019 at 4:45 am
Old May 2, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
I have the French Gold AF/FB Amex. In April, my cut-off date for the billing was on the 23rd. The miles are usually always posted immediately to FB, while the actual debit of the money on my bank account occurs toward the last days of the month. We are May 1st and the miles have still not appeared on my FB account. I looked online on Amex site and my april statement shows the number of miles that should be credited to FB. Does anyone else has the same problem ?
I have the same AMEX card and didn't get any problem in April. Cut-off date on 14th, miles credited to FB on 16th and debit from my bank account on 23rd.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Credited on FB, as usual.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:33 am
MRC

Programs: Flying Blue PE, Garuda FF Gold, Shangr-La Gold, KrisFlyer SQ
Amex FB plat card. No miles credited or amount deducted until today. Very peculiar, before always before end of the month.
Old May 2, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I have a Dutch FB Amex and the same problem. Called Amex this morning and it was a known problem. Could expect to receive the miles within 2 weeks.
Old May 2, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
I got the french card and got my miles right on time on April 16th
Old May 2, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Carel1
I have a Dutch FB Amex and the same problem. Called Amex this morning and it was a known problem. Could expect to receive the miles within 2 weeks.
Good to know. I called Amex yesterday. The agent did not seem to be aware of anything but he said that everything looks OK on their side and he said nicely that he will file an investigation demand but he advised also that I call AF. I then called the Ultimate TA and.....the agent was totally clueless, was not understanding at all what I was talking about. Then, when he started to understand, he couldn’t do anything and it concerns only Amex (which we still don’t know at that stage). I then reminded him that the TA Ulti was taking care of FB issues among their duties. So he said he will put me on hold, time to find another number to call, but instead of putting me on hold, he hung up and, of course, never called back
Old May 3, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade

Good to know. I called Amex yesterday. The agent did not seem to be aware of anything but he said that everything looks OK on their side and he said nicely that he will file an investigation demand but he advised also that I call AF. I then called the Ultimate TA and.....the agent was totally clueless, was not understanding at all what I was talking about. Then, when he started to understand, he couldn’t do anything and it concerns only Amex (which we still don’t know at that stage). I then reminded him that the TA Ulti was taking care of FB issues among their duties. So he said he will put me on hold, time to find another number to call, but instead of putting me on hold, he hung up and, of course, never called back
As @Carel1 has pointed out they have issues (at least) in the Netherlands, on a Dutch FF website, some other people also said that miles posted later than usual but ended up being corrected in a week or two.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Same issue here. I already called AMEX on monday. They said that they actually did transfer the miles on time, however they offered to involve backoffice people to have a closer look. They might need 10 working days to get back to me, according to the lady on the phone.
Originally Posted by MRC
Amex FB plat card. No miles credited or amount deducted until today. Very peculiar, before always before end of the month.
Originally Posted by Carel1
Originally Posted by glennhaak
As @Carel1 has pointed out they have issues (at least) in the Netherlands, on a Dutch FF website, some other people also said that miles posted later than usual but ended up being corrected in a week or two.
Amex miles have finally been posted today (May 7). Hope it is the same for you guys
Old May 8, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat

Amex miles have finally been posted today (May 7). Hope it is the same for you guys
Yip, same here! Interesting observation while reading other peoples comments: Obviously this glitch did span across Dutch & French cards, in a fairly random manner.
Old May 8, 2019, 7:43 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Yip, same here! Interesting observation while reading other peoples comments: Obviously this glitch did span across Dutch & French cards, in a fairly random manner.
I also received the miles, 6 days after I called Amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.