Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 1 September 2013 and 31 March 2018 the co-branded Gold & Platinum Flying Blue American Express cards also gave you Level Miles for purchases at AF/KL.

The Gold card will give you 1.5 Level Miles & Award Miles for AF/KL purchases; the Platinum card will give you 2 Level Miles & Award miles for AF/KL purchases.

As of 31 March 2018 the Flying Blue American Express co-cards give the main cardholder additional XP's when reaching the membership anniversary:
  • Silver: 15XP;
  • Gold: 30 XP
  • Platinum: 60 XP
Print Wikipost

Co-branded American Express cards: France and the Netherlands

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Cleveland88
Oh no, @Wil973, I meant in August 2019.
Bien t auras rien.... ou juste 30 xp... mais va falloir payer les 165
I guess you will have 30 xp... but 165 euros for 30 xp ??
Old Nov 12, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: FB Silver, Accor Silver
Well, they offer 50% off the fee in the 1st year, which is €85.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: FB Silver, Accor Silver
Talking

And... if anybody wants to share his/her referral link for applying for FB AmEx Gold card in the Netherlands, please send me a PM. Let's profit together! ;-)
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:15 am

My 'first year free' has ended and I got XPs for the new periods.
Anyone has cancelled or downgrade after getting XPs? or knows the T/C about it?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Kime
My 'first year free' has ended and I got XPs for the new periods.
Anyone has cancelled or downgrade after getting XPs? or knows the T/C about it?
You'll get a refund for the months not used. The XP's stay in your account, they don't/can't take them back. You're fine.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Isn't still possible for foreign people ask for amex air france branded card? I've read that now there is a widely "have a euro bank account" on the requirements.

Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by AZ112
Isn't still possible for foreign people ask for amex air france branded card? I've read that now there is a widely "have a euro bank account" on the requirements.

If you already hold an American Express card, and have a postal address in France, I think it will be OK. Don't forget to mention the number of the AMEX card you already hold before subscribing. If you don't have any address in France, it might be worth calling AMEX France and ask if it is possible to subscribe anyway (maybe with a paper subscription it can be OK).

Having a referral link will also be a plus when subscribing (it seems like they do less income verifications for instance when applying through a referral link).

Last edited by IstKong; Nov 23, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Originally Posted by IstKong
If you already hold an American Express card, and have a postal address in France, I think it will be OK. Don't forget to mention the number of the AMEX card you already hold before subscribing. If you don't have any address in France, it might be worth calling AMEX France and ask if it is possible to subscribe anyway (maybe with a paper subscription it can be OK).

Having a referral link will also be a plus when subscribing (it seems like they do less income verifications for instance when applying through a referral link).
Thanks for your reply.
No, I haven't a postal address in France, i'm Italian and i live in Italy. Now i've the no brand italian amex gold, but can be a plus have the flyingblue co-branded card.
I remember that few years ago, there was on the requirements the french address code... now seems to be delated... maybe I can try!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AZ112
Thanks for your reply.
No, I haven't a postal address in France, i'm Italian and i live in Italy. Now i've the no brand italian amex gold, but can be a plus have the flyingblue co-branded card.
I remember that few years ago, there was on the requirements the french address code... now seems to be delated... maybe I can try!
No, you still need to enter a french postal address. I think the only AMEX subscription that allows foreign postal address is the AMEX Belux (Belgium/Luxembourg).

You won't be able to apply online for sure with your italian address. If you explain your situation over the phone, they maybe can give you a paper form that has a space to enter a foreign address, or join the paper subscription with a letter explaining that you live in Italy and want to subscribe, some bank statement and/or utility bills, and so on as a proof of address.

The only problem is the postal address, because now it seems that you can enter any SEPA IBAN, without any problem.

If AMEX France really don't want your italian address, then you can ask a relative living in France, or a mail forwarding, virtual post box. Once you're AMEX France client, they can send you card replacement anywhere in the world.

But I am really not sure if this is worth the hassle seriously.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by IstKong
No, you still need to enter a french postal address. I think the only AMEX subscription that allows foreign postal address is the AMEX Belux (Belgium/Luxembourg).

You won't be able to apply online for sure with your italian address. If you explain your situation over the phone, they maybe can give you a paper form that has a space to enter a foreign address, or join the paper subscription with a letter explaining that you live in Italy and want to subscribe, some bank statement and/or utility bills, and so on as a proof of address.

The only problem is the postal address, because now it seems that you can enter any SEPA IBAN, without any problem.

If AMEX France really don't want your italian address, then you can ask a relative living in France, or a mail forwarding, virtual post box. Once you're AMEX France client, they can send you card replacement anywhere in the world.

But I am really not sure if this is worth the hassle seriously.
You can be resident wherever you like as long as you have a bank account in France. If necessary for subscription, give a relative's address in France and then change it to you address abroad.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: FB-plat
Hi all!

I'm an addicted lurker, always discovering and learning great things here! I'm aware I probably post this in the wrong section and I apologize, not knowing where to put my question... Thanks so much in advance for moving me, if necessary...

Global Assist - Amex Gold Flying Blue
Yesterday after a bad fall in Los Angeles, I called Global Assist, which states to be available 365 days 24/7. The recordings one is forced to listen to, are a crazy waste of time in an emergency. One of the messages told me to dial the number on the back of my card. I hung up and dialed that number, only to get a message stating they're closed and reopen Monday 9 am.
I called back the first number and finally got a lady on the phone who'd just started working for Axa? I told her I needed medical help and what Amex Global Assist would do for me. She went on and on questioning if I'd paid my ticket with the Amex card, what happened, where I was staying and heaps of other questions. I'm sitting here bleeding, in pain with a possible fractured wrist, dislodged shoulder and this woman went on for 51 minutes. In the end she sent a "United Health Care" card by email, which stated "this card does not guarantee benefits" with a US phone # to call in order to confirm eligibility and care coverage. That phone # had a message the offices were closed... the enclosed Amex message being: Secondary coverage only."

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with Global Assist? Thanks so much in advance for sharing!

ps: I survived
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:55 am

Hope you are doing well. my answer will not directly answer your question, but it’s IMO the correct way to act (this is how I would act in any medical emergency situation, regardless of which insurance company/in which country).
my first reaction would to call a doctor or the local emergency number in a medical emergency and get help.
afterwards, or at the end of the treatment, call AXA, so they can handle the payments/insurance aspect.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Lighthouse32
Hi all!

I'm an addicted lurker, always discovering and learning great things here! I'm aware I probably post this in the wrong section and I apologize, not knowing where to put my question... Thanks so much in advance for moving me, if necessary...

Global Assist - Amex Gold Flying Blue
Yesterday after a bad fall in Los Angeles, I called Global Assist, which states to be available 365 days 24/7. The recordings one is forced to listen to, are a crazy waste of time in an emergency. One of the messages told me to dial the number on the back of my card. I hung up and dialed that number, only to get a message stating they're closed and reopen Monday 9 am.
I called back the first number and finally got a lady on the phone who'd just started working for Axa? I told her I needed medical help and what Amex Global Assist would do for me. She went on and on questioning if I'd paid my ticket with the Amex card, what happened, where I was staying and heaps of other questions. I'm sitting here bleeding, in pain with a possible fractured wrist, dislodged shoulder and this woman went on for 51 minutes. In the end she sent a "United Health Care" card by email, which stated "this card does not guarantee benefits" with a US phone # to call in order to confirm eligibility and care coverage. That phone # had a message the offices were closed... the enclosed Amex message being: Secondary coverage only."

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences with Global Assist? Thanks so much in advance for sharing!

ps: I survived
A relative had a similar experience while having serious medical problems in China. He had a Gold French AMEX (Standard), and when he called the number on the back of the card, it seems that they didn't care at all despite being an emergency. The subcontractor that handle the assistance service with AMEX France is really bad.

Fortunately he then called the "Visa Premier" service after being hospitalized and they organized a repatriation...
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: FB-plat
Originally Posted by Nvgfocus
Hope you are doing well. my answer will not directly answer your question, but it’s IMO the correct way to act (this is how I would act in any medical emergency situation, regardless of which insurance company/in which country).
my first reaction would to call a doctor or the local emergency number in a medical emergency and get help.
afterwards, or at the end of the treatment, call AXA, so they can handle the payments/insurance aspect.
Thank you for your reply! I'm doing quite well considering. Actually the weird thing being that Amex warns if you don't report an accident/emergency immediately this risks the revoking of coverage... Frankly, it was a good lesson. I found there's absolutely no added value in the FB Amex cards and their supposed "Carefree travel" slogan. I think the "Global Assistance" provided from Europe totally sucks.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Are there referral links for the French Amex available? If so, could someone please send me one (PM)?

EDIT: That was fast, thanks!

Last edited by danfl44; Nov 24, 2019 at 3:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.