Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2006, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL Gld, AA MM
Hi - question for anyone who might have a suggestion...

I am flying from ORD into CDG terminal 2A. Ms. stx00820 will be coming from London on business and arriving in terminal 2B. We were planning on taking the Roissy bus since it is right near the hotel we are staying at. Any recommendations on where we should meet up before heading to our hotel since neither of us will have a working cell phone? Many thanks.

Last edited by stx00820; Jun 26, 2006 at 5:27 pm
Old Jun 27, 2006, 2:22 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by LKS
First of all thanks a lot for answering my questions. So I understand from your post is that : I can go to Iblis Hotel and will stay in international zone.
Sheraton Hotel also in international zone. There are eating places in the international zone. I will not need to go out the restricted area.
Am I correct?

Thanks again.
Sorry. I am afraid I have not been clear enough. There are no sleeping facilities nor hotels in the international zone. You need to go out of the restricted area.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 2:25 am

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Johnallent
Thanks, JOUY31, for your help! I really appreciate it, and I'm starting to feel better about this! Is there any difference between your suggested route and going thru 2F? Do I have to show my passport going your way instead of the other? I hope I don't seem too paranoid about this flight, but I'm not a huge traveler and I really want to see my girlfriend... she was an exchange student this year so had to head back to Germany at the beginning of summer. Thanks in advance for your response!
There is no difference except that there may be more people in 2F, so you might be slowed down. Both routes involve clearing immigration upon arrival in 2E and clearing security in 2D at the entrance to the gate area.

Enjoy your flight
Old Jun 27, 2006, 5:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by stx00820
Hi - question for anyone who might have a suggestion...

I am flying from ORD into CDG terminal 2A. Ms. stx00820 will be coming from London on business and arriving in terminal 2B. We were planning on taking the Roissy bus since it is right near the hotel we are staying at. Any recommendations on where we should meet up before heading to our hotel since neither of us will have a working cell phone? Many thanks.
There is a RoissyBus stop for each terminal (or, perhaps, pair of terminals--i.e. A/C and B/D). Since CDG2 is like a big horseshoe, A is the first terminal coming from Paris and B is the last. Therefore, it would probably make sense to meet in B and catch the bus there rather then in A (and ride all the way around the airport again). If I remember correctly, there is a small food court between B & D with a McDonalds, etc. that is near the doors where you catch the bus. That might be an OK place to meet. Or you can just meet at the bus stop for 2B (or 2B/2D if there's only one stop for the two terminals). But I usually transit CDG rather than stop there, so my memory may be a bit hazy.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:33 am
LKS

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Sorry. I am afraid I have not been clear enough. There are no sleeping facilities nor hotels in the international zone. You need to go out of the restricted area.
Thank you
Old Jun 27, 2006, 7:39 am

Programs: DL Gld, AA MM
Great - thanks for the tip eefor!!

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
There is a RoissyBus stop for each terminal (or, perhaps, pair of terminals--i.e. A/C and B/D). Since CDG2 is like a big horseshoe, A is the first terminal coming from Paris and B is the last. Therefore, it would probably make sense to meet in B and catch the bus there rather then in A (and ride all the way around the airport again). If I remember correctly, there is a small food court between B & D with a McDonalds, etc. that is near the doors where you catch the bus. That might be an OK place to meet. Or you can just meet at the bus stop for 2B (or 2B/2D if there's only one stop for the two terminals). But I usually transit CDG rather than stop there, so my memory may be a bit hazy.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 2:11 am

I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread many times but this is a very long one ...

I'm arriving from TLV on AF into 2F and departing NW from 2E to DTW 1:40 hours later. I understand chances are that both flights would not connect to a jetway and would take a few extra minutes. Also, as an international to international connection I can use the airside bus. How long should all this process take (gate to gate or plane to plane)?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by apirchik
I'm sure this has been discussed in this thread many times but this is a very long one ...

I'm arriving from TLV on AF into 2F and departing NW from 2E to DTW 1:40 hours later. I understand chances are that both flights would not connect to a jetway and would take a few extra minutes. Also, as an international to international connection I can use the airside bus. How long should all this process take (gate to gate or plane to plane)?
since you don't have to check immigration and the E terminal is the next bus stop after F (F has quite some jetbridges !!!) you have really good chances to make it. on arrival at F you will see screens with gate information for all connecting passengers, just follow the transfer sign to the E-Terminal.
be carefull, in E - depending on your departure gate you may have to take a shuttle bus to the remote terminal.

but withing 1h40, thats an easy one

safe trip
Old Jun 29, 2006, 3:48 am

Thanks - chrissxb ^
Old Jul 1, 2006, 6:13 am

The "courtoisie" shuttles, ie golf carts, are back in CDG2 !
Old Jul 1, 2006, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
The "courtoisie" shuttles, ie golf carts, are back in CDG2 !

at least some Delta passengers may now feel again like at ATL
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: UA GS
I've been checking Delta Flight 28 everyday to see when it leaves, and on average it leaves an hour or more late! How could that happen nearly everyday? If I land AFTER my flight in CDG takes off for Hannover, will they automatically rebook me for another Air France flight?
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Sorry if this has been addressed - I searched through the thread for awhile but did not find anything responsive to my situation.

I have a 2F to 2B transfer on an upcoming LHR-CDG-IST itinerary - I arrive from LHR at 2F and have a three hour layover before my IST flight departs from 2B. I want to get to the lounge in 2B as soon as possible after my arrival and will have only one small carryon bag. Should I just clear immigration at 2F and walk to 2B (if this is possible) or take the airside transfer bus from 2F to 2B, as it will make four stops and take quite awhile? I'd rather walk, but if it is too inefficient to clear immigration, walk to 2B, and reclear security and immigration, I'd be willing to take the bus. I'm flying l'Espace Affaires, by the way. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by CO 1E
Sorry if this has been addressed - I searched through the thread for awhile but did not find anything responsive to my situation.

I have a 2F to 2B transfer on an upcoming LHR-CDG-IST itinerary - I arrive from LHR at 2F and have a three hour layover before my IST flight departs from 2B. I want to get to the lounge in 2B as soon as possible after my arrival and will have only one small carryon bag. Should I just clear immigration at 2F and walk to 2B (if this is possible) or take the airside transfer bus from 2F to 2B, as it will make four stops and take quite awhile? I'd rather walk, but if it is too inefficient to clear immigration, walk to 2B, and reclear security and immigration, I'd be willing to take the bus. I'm flying l'Espace Affaires, by the way. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, you seem to have very well analyzed the two possible routes . Both are indeed possible. (you might have only three stops with the airside shuttle if they still have specific shuttles to 2E). You will need to clear security at the gate in 2B whether you are walking or taking the airside shuttle.

Clearing immigration in 2F2 upon arrival is usually fine (although I no longer experience it as I now use the PEGASE automated immigration pass) and in 2B when leaving France is OK most of the time (clearing immigration when arrivin in 2B can take some time).

Overall, walking - about 15-20mn - would be probably somewhat quicker than the airside shuttle. But I would also have no problem taking the airside shuttle at all.

Enjoy your flights
Old Jul 8, 2006, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Unfortunately, you seem to have very well analyzed the two possible routes . Both are indeed possible. (you might have only three stops with the airside shuttle if they still have specific shuttles to 2E). You will need to clear security at the gate in 2B whether you are walking or taking the airside shuttle.

Clearing immigration in 2F2 upon arrival is usually fine (although I no longer experience it as I now use the PEGASE automated immigration pass) and in 2B when leaving France is OK most of the time (clearing immigration when arrivin in 2B can take some time).

Overall, walking - about 15-20mn - would be probably somewhat quicker than the airside shuttle. But I would also have no problem taking the airside shuttle at all.

Enjoy your flights
Thanks JOUY31. I think I'll walk unless there happens to be a huge line at immigration - I'm not a fan of the busses and it's never taken me long to clear immigration at CDG. I'll be arriving at 4:00 pm on a Saturday, so immigration should not be crowded.

One other question - if I walk, I will actually clear security twice at 2B, correct? One checkpoint at the entrance to the concourse and another at the gate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.