FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2006, 4:54 pm
CO 1E
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Unfortunately, you seem to have very well analyzed the two possible routes . Both are indeed possible. (you might have only three stops with the airside shuttle if they still have specific shuttles to 2E). You will need to clear security at the gate in 2B whether you are walking or taking the airside shuttle.

Clearing immigration in 2F2 upon arrival is usually fine (although I no longer experience it as I now use the PEGASE automated immigration pass) and in 2B when leaving France is OK most of the time (clearing immigration when arrivin in 2B can take some time).

Overall, walking - about 15-20mn - would be probably somewhat quicker than the airside shuttle. But I would also have no problem taking the airside shuttle at all.

Enjoy your flights
Thanks JOUY31. I think I'll walk unless there happens to be a huge line at immigration - I'm not a fan of the busses and it's never taken me long to clear immigration at CDG. I'll be arriving at 4:00 pm on a Saturday, so immigration should not be crowded.

One other question - if I walk, I will actually clear security twice at 2B, correct? One checkpoint at the entrance to the concourse and another at the gate?