FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2006, 12:43 pm
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by CO 1E
Sorry if this has been addressed - I searched through the thread for awhile but did not find anything responsive to my situation.

I have a 2F to 2B transfer on an upcoming LHR-CDG-IST itinerary - I arrive from LHR at 2F and have a three hour layover before my IST flight departs from 2B. I want to get to the lounge in 2B as soon as possible after my arrival and will have only one small carryon bag. Should I just clear immigration at 2F and walk to 2B (if this is possible) or take the airside transfer bus from 2F to 2B, as it will make four stops and take quite awhile? I'd rather walk, but if it is too inefficient to clear immigration, walk to 2B, and reclear security and immigration, I'd be willing to take the bus. I'm flying l'Espace Affaires, by the way. Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, you seem to have very well analyzed the two possible routes . Both are indeed possible. (you might have only three stops with the airside shuttle if they still have specific shuttles to 2E). You will need to clear security at the gate in 2B whether you are walking or taking the airside shuttle.

Clearing immigration in 2F2 upon arrival is usually fine (although I no longer experience it as I now use the PEGASE automated immigration pass) and in 2B when leaving France is OK most of the time (clearing immigration when arrivin in 2B can take some time).

Overall, walking - about 15-20mn - would be probably somewhat quicker than the airside shuttle. But I would also have no problem taking the airside shuttle at all.

Enjoy your flights