Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Vaccination Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2021, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by NickB
I have not tried but, from what I have read, they ask you for some numbers from your carte vitale in the second stage of the online application for verification purposes so that would not work for someone who does not have an active affiliation to French social security.
This thread has me thinking ... a few months ago, I stumbled upon my "carte d'étudiant" from when I did my junior year abroad in France (early 1980s). I was flabbergasted to see the "N° INSEE" on my student ID card was exactly the same as my current French social security number (which I obtained in the late 1980s, when moving permanently to France, two totally separate events).

In fact, the "N° INSEE" is also known as the "numéro d'inscription au répertoire" (NIR), and it is used by the French social security system to identify people and to issue the "Carte Vitale". So, apparently, if you are born in France (or born abroad and registered), or have had an official "séjour" here which involved the issuing of an NIR (in my case, my American university required this and took care of the process), you have an NIR, which is (or would be) the number of your Carte Vitale. As far as having an active or inactive affiliation with the French Sécu system, I don't know; but you definitely already have the number.

NickB likes this.

Last edited by blairvanhorn; Jun 22, 2021 at 6:58 am
Old Jun 22, 2021, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I have not tried but, from what I have read, they ask you for some numbers from your carte vitale in the second stage of the online application for verification purposes so that would not work for someone who does not have an active affiliation to French social security.
Indeed, you need a Carte Vitale to create an ameli account.

My wife has been able to create one by going through one of her French tax account and did not need any other information than her INSEE number.
But she has a carte vitale, so that might be needed in the system.
NickB likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
This thread has me thinking ... a few months ago, I stumbled upon my "carte d'étudiant" from when I did my junior year abroad in France (early 1980s). I was flabbergasted to see the "N° INSEE" on my student ID card was exactly the same as my current French social security number (which I obtained in the late 1980s, when moving permanently to France, two totally separate events).

In fact, the "N° INSEE" is also known as the "numéro d'inscription au répertoire" (NIR), and it is used by the French social security system to identify people and to issue the "Carte Vitale". So, apparently, if you are born in France (or born abroad and registered), or have had an official "séjour" here which involved the issuing of an NIR (in my case, my American university required this and took care of the process), you have an NIR, which is (or would be) the number of your Carte Vitale. As far as having an active or inactive affiliation with the French Sécu system, I don't know; but you definitely already have the number.
Thanks for this. I might give it a try.

I do remain sceptical as to whether they will allow those who are not registered with the French Sec Soc to import certificates of vaccination. The front page of https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/ is clear that the system "s’adresse aux bénéficiaires d’un régime français d’assurance maladie". The way I understand it is that the possibility to import certificates of vaccination abroad is designed for those who are affiliated to French social security but who nevertheless have, for one reason or another, been vaccinated abroad rather than in France but perhaps I am wrong (and I hope that I am wrong).
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Thanks for this. I might give it a try.

I do remain sceptical as to whether they will allow those who are not registered with the French Sec Soc to import certificates of vaccination. The front page of https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/ is clear that the system "s’adresse aux bénéficiaires d’un régime français d’assurance maladie". The way I understand it is that the possibility to import certificates of vaccination abroad is designed for those who are affiliated to French social security but who nevertheless have, for one reason or another, been vaccinated abroad rather than in France but perhaps I am wrong (and I hope that I am wrong).

I would suggest you go to your local pharmacy - especially if you know them. They have access to everything. In my case, issued the Vaccine certificate and I am not affiliated with social security here.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 3:07 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
Originally Posted by SpinEcho
I think it will be the same thing. Initally, we were supposed to get both english versions of certificates + EU-compatible QR codes starting today. The TousAntiCovid app was actually supposed to update today, to allow presenting these new certificates / QR-codes. From what I understand, the whole system update is postponed to June 23.
But I agree, it's not cristal-clear...
So I just called the TousAntiCovid hotline, and I was told that app update will actually occur on June 30. English versions of vaccine certificates should be available on the Ameli website on July 1st...
Hopefully this is the last postponement!
blairvanhorn and Goldorak like this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:36 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
So I just called the TousAntiCovid hotline, and I was told that app update will actually occur on June 30. English versions of vaccine certificates should be available on the Ameli website on July 1st...
July 1st is also the date that the EU has declared would be when the "European sanitary passport" would be ready, which means that all national systems are hooked up to the central platform so that QR codes from any EUS country can be read.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
That's not good news. Maybe planning for EU trips on the first week-end of July is a bit optimistic!
Old Jun 23, 2021, 5:38 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by maalloc
That's not good news. Maybe planning for EU trips on the first week-end of July is a bit optimistic!
Depends where you go. Many EU countries do accept vaccination certificates in French. In which case all you have to do is to take the printout of your vaccination certificate and show it.
maalloc likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: FB Ultimate - BA EC - LH M&M - Accor All Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Depends where you go. Many EU countries do accept vaccination certificates in French. In which case all you have to do is to take the printout of your vaccination certificate and show it.
Current Ameli vaccination certificates can already be stored into "TousAntiCovid" app and if your phone language is English the certificate appears in English as well.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have used paper certificates and the current code in TousAntiCovid App many times since end April and never had any problem. No need to wait for July if you want to travel.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have used paper certificates and the current code in TousAntiCovid App many times since end April and never had any problem. No need to wait for July if you want to travel.
Sure, my point was I wouldn't be surprised if, comes July, some countries started accepting only the EU-approved paperwork. Paper certificates and TousAntiCovid QR code were always meant to be temporary solutions. Call me overly cautious, but the past 18 months have shown many countries favoring bureaucracy over pragmatism; and slowing down travel over technicalities has been the norm more than the exception.

That said, I nevertheless booked an intra-EU flight for July 2nd, so I'm still betting on everything ending up OK.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sure, my point was I wouldn't be surprised if, comes July, some countries started accepting only the EU-approved paperwork. Paper certificates and TousAntiCovid QR code were always meant to be temporary solutions. Call me overly cautious, but the past 18 months have shown many countries favoring bureaucracy over pragmatism; and slowing down travel over technicalities has been the norm more than the exception.

That said, I nevertheless booked an intra-EU flight for July 2nd, so I'm still betting on everything ending up OK.
I would doubt it.
Even if the European pass works well linking many databases (a big if), many EEA countries will not be in it for many months. Furthermore tourists from outside EU are a big source of revenue and they will not be in the system.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 2:36 am

Good point, ex-EU tourists must still be accounted for. Almost forgot those even existed.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
So it turns out that attestations at EU format are now available on https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/
I just downloaded it and scanned the QR code to update my certificate on TousAntiCovid. Everything works well.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
So it turns out that attestations at EU format are now available on https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/
I just downloaded it and scanned the QR code to update my certificate on TousAntiCovid. Everything works well.
Yes, it was very easy and quick. Thanks for the heads up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.