Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Vaccination Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Not airline-related but I was at the Philharmonie de Paris last night for a concert and of course we all had to provide a passe sanitaire at the entrance. I decided to show my German Covpass QR Code rather than the Tous Anti Covid one just to see what would happen. The guy scanned it without a problem and waived me in. Good to see that the EU-wide system is actually working.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:07 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mlin32
Lol no way am I carrying around my paper certificats for vaccination, begging to get lost.

On the German app it has the QR code, or failing that, a page with the vaccination dates/data.
How about your phone (or access to your phone) getting 'lost'? I'd rate the paper version over the digital one any day. Sure there is a chance to lose the paper one (add an extra copy to one of your bags), but phones are prone to getting stolen, lost or simply be without battery.
NickB and blairvanhorn like this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Did anyone from the U.S. have any luck recently getting a covid vaccine certificate from France? I applied 2 weeks before my trip, but now I see that they are saying it takes an average of 23 days to process. Yikes. Without that certificate, I'll supposedly get a 135 Euro fine on the train, and can't enter events or restaurants and such.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by BigE
Did anyone from the U.S. have any luck recently getting a covid vaccine certificate from France? I applied 2 weeks before my trip, but now I see that they are saying it takes an average of 23 days to process. Yikes. Without that certificate, I'll supposedly get a 135 Euro fine on the train, and can't enter events or restaurants and such.
I've heard it's been a big hassle to do this, mainly due to the long waits. Some people have been successful, others not so much. There are also reports of being able to get a local pharmacy to do this for you here in France, but that's also sort of a lottery.

However, most reports I've heard or read about say that visiting Americans have had no problems just by showing their CDC vaccination card. You should be fine most everywhere with your CDC card.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
plenty of useful info in the France forum
Expansion of the pass sanitaire

If you cannot obtain it, alternatives are :
- as you are from the US, just use your cdc card. It works in the majority of cases
- you can have an antigen test every 3 days to have the pass sanitaire.
BigE likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
have spent a week in Paris and never had any problems with my Hong Kong vaccination certificate (restaurants, museums, etc..).
Same in Nice region.

On my domestic AF flight I got an email (about 2 days before flying for Ready2Fly. This allows you to upload the Hong Kong vaccination documents. This seems similar to BA/AA Verifly.
A day later I got my documents accepted and a green Ready2fly logo appeared on my boarding pass. I had already OLCIed and saw that my "old" BP was updated with the logo. That's enough for the gate agent, no need to show passe sanitaire.

Last edited by brunos; Oct 5, 2021 at 3:32 am
Old Oct 5, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by brunos
have spent a week in Paris and never had any problems with my Hong Kong vaccination certificate (restaurants, museums, etc..).
Same in Nice region.
Conversely, was your acquaintance able to enter HK with the French vaccination certificate that lacks middle names?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:24 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Since each EU COVID pass is recognized within the community, you may also try the conversion on another EU country pass system.

Last edited by Artemio; Oct 5, 2021 at 9:24 am Reason: too much words
Old Oct 7, 2021, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Artemio
Since each EU COVID pass is recognized within the community, you may also try the conversion on another EU country pass system.
You should not assume that this works: recognition of a non-EU vaccination certificate in an EU country covid app is not a conversion to an EU DCC and does not guarantee recognition in vaccination recognition systems of other EU Member States. There is a lengthy discussion on the UK and Ireland forum on this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by maalloc
Conversely, was your acquaintance able to enter HK with the French vaccination certificate that lacks middle names?
NO WAY. You need to go through tough administrative procedures to get all the given names added.

On the other side, Hong Kong has lifted its requirement that vaccination must be less than six months old ,which would have prevented us from returning to HK (only fully-vaccinated residents can enter from France).
maalloc likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by NickB
You should not assume that this works: recognition of a non-EU vaccination certificate in an EU country covid app is not a conversion to an EU DCC and does not guarantee recognition in vaccination recognition systems of other EU Member States. There is a lengthy discussion on the UK and Ireland forum on this.
i understood the hint differently: there are some countries where for CDC card holders obtaining the EU QD code and thus COVID certificate is easy. Once the COVID certificate is obtained in one EU country it can easily be used in other EU countries.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
i understood the hint differently: there are some countries where for CDC card holders obtaining the EU QD code and thus COVID certificate is easy. Once the COVID certificate is obtained in one EU country it can easily be used in other EU countries.
Ah, I get it now. That makes sense.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
I don't think this has been covered already in another thread, apologies if it has. I just discovered this information on the Ministry of Health web site:

How to obtain a health pass in case of vaccination abroad?

Apparently, since November 5 non-EU nationals who are fully vaccinated (EMA approved vaccines: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) can obtain in certain pharmacies in France a French-compatible health pass ("pass sanitaire") that can then be uploaded to the TousAntiCovid application:

The health pass ("pass sanitaire" in french) consists of the presentation of a vaccination certificate (on the condition of having a complete vaccination scheme with a vaccine recognized by the European Medicines Agency or equivalent to these vaccines), a negative test certificate or a recovery certificate. It consists of a QR Code, in digital or paper format.

To allow non-European Union nationals visiting France to use their vaccination to access events and places where the health pass is mandatory, pharmacists can now issue a vaccine equivalency health pass.

To get a vaccine equivalency health pass, the non-European Union nationals need to present the following documents:

- A passport
- The original vaccination certificate in paper format

These mandatory documents must include, in a legible way, the last name, first name, date of birth as well as the date of vaccination, the used vaccine, if possible, the batch number, the number of doses injected and the country of vaccination.
There are currently 96 participating pharmacies in France (19 in Paris) and the procedure of obtaining a vaccine equivalency cost can not cost more than 36 euros. The French version of this information is here.
Old Nov 10, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, FB Silver (former UA 1K)
As others have mentioned, you can try getting a certificate from another EU country. Currently Belgium offers a QR code to non-EU residents with adequate proof of vaccination. The easily spoofed CDC card is not accepted. However, digital records are accepted. I know that the California digital record has worked and the same technology is used by several other states: New York, Virginia, Louisiana, and perhaps others. Less than 24 hour turnaround at the moment and no need to provide proof of travel to Belgium. Give it a try. https://coronavirus.brussels/en/belg...or-foreigners/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.