Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Vaccination Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:05 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Le Club, Hilton HHonors, Hertz Gold Plus, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Digicola
Seems like we've been overly critical of France for once. There is now a facility for people who got vaccinated overseas to import their certificate into the french registry and thus have it in TousAntiCovid.

The vaccine has to have been approved in France and this has to be done by a health professional (a normal GP should do) but this is good news for any expats out there.

https://tousanticovid.stonly.com/kb/...s/Steps/347514
I see it talks about an Ameli account, not sure many expats have one. It seems more like something for French residents that got vaccinated outside of France than something for French living outside of France, vaccinated outside of France and coming back to France to visit
Old Jun 20, 2021, 10:33 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
I see it talks about an Ameli account, not sure many expats have one. It seems more like something for French residents that got vaccinated outside of France than something for French living outside of France, vaccinated outside of France and coming back to France to visit
It mentions the person who registers you can also print out a copy. I presume it will be in the format of that paper with the qr codes you can scan to enter the certificate into the app.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Digicola
Seems like we've been overly critical of France for once. There is now a facility for people who got vaccinated overseas to import their certificate into the french registry and thus have it in TousAntiCovid.
That is surprisingly well-thought!

Now, on the flip side, the ability to download an English vaccination certificate that was supposed to be released today is still not missing on https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/ ... I can understand putting up a website that handles 60 Million users to present major technical hurdles, and the initial glitches were to be expected. Adding the ability to download translates PDFs, on the other hand, has no reason to be delayed
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
Most French expats have lived in France and have an ameli number (from French securite sociale).
But this is theory. I have tried a pharmacien and a GP. Both had no idea how to do it.

If anyone has done it succesfully, please let me know.

Last edited by brunos; Jun 21, 2021 at 2:07 am
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:30 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate
Originally Posted by maalloc
That is surprisingly well-thought!

Now, on the flip side, the ability to download an English vaccination certificate that was supposed to be released today is still not missing on https://attestation-vaccin.ameli.fr/ ... I can understand putting up a website that handles 60 Million users to present major technical hurdles, and the initial glitches were to be expected. Adding the ability to download translates PDFs, on the other hand, has no reason to be delayed
Apparently, it's been postponed to June 23:
https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-cor...pass-sanitaire
blairvanhorn and maalloc like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by brunos
Most French expats have lived in France and have an ameli number (from French securite sociale).
But this is theory. I have tried a pharmacien and a GP. Both had no idea how to do it.

If anyone has done it succesfully, please let me know.
Well, I have done something similar: I was vaccinated in April, so no QR code. Then, when the download possibility opened up, there was no record of my vaccination. Went back to the place where I got the jab, they had not registered my SS number. So they did that - but refused to give me a printout, claiming "it would appear automatically". Of course it didn't, and so a week later I took my "old style" vaccination certificate to my local pharmacy that also does vaccinations, and they looked at the old certificate, asked a few more questions (what time did the vaccination happen, left or right arm, etc) and printed out the form with the QR code. It also appeared immedately in AMELI. Scanning into the TousAntiCovid app was a breeze.

What I conclude from that is that any place that does vaccinations has the possibility to "create" a QR form based on the information you give them. The old style/foreign certificate that you give them is merely proof that you have done it, but the information is entered manually to create the QR form. Takes about ten minutes.

Another question: when will the French data be compatible with the European sanitary passport, so that foreign "QR readers" can recognise the French QR codes? About half of European countries' data are already compatible (if I remember correctly it was Germany, Austria, several East European countries, Spain), and others were supposed to be added until July 1st. Anyone knows more? Currently foreign "readers" cannot recognise the French QR code (I tried Luxembourg, Switzerland). Without that compatibility the entire setup is of course much less powerful.
blairvanhorn and brunos like this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo

Another question: when will the French data be compatible with the European sanitary passport, so that foreign "QR readers" can recognise the French QR codes? About half of European countries' data are already compatible (if I remember correctly it was Germany, Austria, several East European countries, Spain), and others were supposed to be added until July 1st. Anyone knows more? Currently foreign "readers" cannot recognise the French QR code (I tried Luxembourg, Switzerland). Without that compatibility the entire setup is of course much less powerful.
As I mentionned just above, it should be from June 23:

"Pour obtenir un certificat de vaccination ou de test traduit en anglais et valable pour voyager,dčs le 23 juin la Caisse nationale d’assurance maladie (Cnam) et SI-DEP feront évoluer les actuelles attestations de vaccination et de tests certifiées et mettront ŕ disposition des versions rédigées ŕ la fois en français et en anglais, au format européen, permettant de circuler au sein de l’UE. "
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by SpinEcho
As I mentionned just above, it should be from June 23:

"Pour obtenir un certificat de vaccination ou de test traduit en anglais et valable pour voyager,dčs le 23 juin la Caisse nationale d’assurance maladie (Cnam) et SI-DEP feront évoluer les actuelles attestations de vaccination et de tests certifiées et mettront ŕ disposition des versions rédigées ŕ la fois en français et en anglais, au format européen, permettant de circuler au sein de l’UE. "
But is that the same thing? Providing an English version of your French certificate (where a human would merely read the text but not the QR code) and the French database being hooked up with the European network so that foreign QR readers can read the code? Is the QR compatbilité what they mean by "au format européen"?
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
But is that the same thing? Providing an English version of your French certificate (where a human would merely read the text but not the QR code) and the French database being hooked up with the European network so that foreign QR readers can read the code? Is the QR compatbilité what they mean by "au format européen"?
I think it will be the same thing. Initally, we were supposed to get both english versions of certificates + EU-compatible QR codes starting today. The TousAntiCovid app was actually supposed to update today, to allow presenting these new certificates / QR-codes. From what I understand, the whole system update is postponed to June 23.
But I agree, it's not cristal-clear...
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 4:17 am

Of course not. I mean, now that they cannot have any more rules about your dog being allowed to walk until 10km until 21h but you only 1km until 19h unless you live at the border of a departement and are a health professional over the age of 50 - they had to come up with something else that is confusing.

Let's hope that your understanding is right.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
I think it will be the same thing. Initally, we were supposed to get both english versions of certificates + EU-compatible QR codes starting today. The TousAntiCovid app was actually supposed to update today, to allow presenting these new certificates / QR-codes. From what I understand, the whole system update is postponed to June 23.
I have the same interpretation as you.
Another weak signal is the delay. It was hard to believe technical issues postponed the availability of a translated french certificate. International discussions, on the other hand, can easily get delayed by a few days. The fact that they don't let users simply download the translated certificate today would indicate that they want to do it right (ie. EU-compatible) the first time.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I can tell here that I had no problem for the last month, showing the French QR code of TousAntiCovid App to pass some EU internal borders. They didn’t scan the code but looked at the information below the code indicating the status « terminé »’ the name of the vaccine the date of last injection and your name/birth date.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is not necessarily the case. Those of us who left France before there was such a thing as a compte ameli will clearly not have one.

Secondly, when you notify your CPAM that you leave France permanently and you cease to be affiliated to French social security (setting aside situations where you remain affiliated, such as temporary posting or retirement), in principle your carte vitale should cease to be valid and your ameli account closed. I take it by implication from your post that, in practice, this does not necessarily happen, though.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by NickB
That is not necessarily the case. Those of us who left France before there was such a thing as a compte ameli will clearly not have one.

Secondly, when you notify your CPAM that you leave France permanently and you cease to be affiliated to French social security (setting aside situations where you remain affiliated, such as temporary posting or retirement), in principle your carte vitale should cease to be valid and your ameli account closed. I take it by implication from your post that, in practice, this does not necessarily happen, though.
I wrote "Most' and indeed there are many cases where you cease to be covered by French health insurance, even if you have a social security number.
The question is whether you need to be covered to open an ameli account and benefit from the test/vaccination certificate system.

I think that all you need to open an ameli account is a French social security number, even an old one.I might be wrong and cannot check as I already have an account.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wrote "Most' and indeed there are many cases where you cease to be covered by French health insurance, even if you have a social security number.
The question is whether you need to be covered to open an ameli account and benefit from the test/vaccination certificate system.

I think that all you need to open an ameli account is a French social security number, even an old one.I might be wrong and cannot check as I already have an account.
I have not tried but, from what I have read, they ask you for some numbers from your carte vitale in the second stage of the online application for verification purposes so that would not work for someone who does not have an active affiliation to French social security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.