Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Vaccination Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
when will France authorise the vaccinated to enter here without tests? Quite frankly, it kind of looks like France has decided to simply ignore those that have already been vaccinated and not make their life any easier.
Probably not before vaccination is open to every adult citizen. The (semi-official) policy so far is not to make vaccinated people's life easier while most of the population doesn't have access to shots.
Debatable, of course, but unlikely to change.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh and last but not least, when will France authorise the vaccinated to enter here without tests?
Virtually no country allows that as of now (with Greece and Iceland being the only exceptions?). There is not yet enough info on the extent to which vaccinated individuals still transmit the virus. I would have thought that many countries would wait until a sufficient proportion of their population are vaccinated to relax entry requirements.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by NickB
Virtually no country allows that as of now (with Greece and Iceland being the only exceptions?). There is not yet enough info on the extent to which vaccinated individuals still transmit the virus. I would have thought that many countries would wait until a sufficient proportion of their population are vaccinated to relax entry requirements.
Many do, and the list is growing. As of today, vaccinated people can enter Equator, Georgia, Poland, Croatia, Slovenia, Romania, Lithuania,Moldavia (and some more eastern EU countries) without a PCR test.
FlyerTalker324193 likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
And Malta! Let's not forget Malta ❤️

There is quite a good map out there, actually, https://www.tourdumondiste.com/coron...eut-on-voyager
maalloc likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maalloc
Many do, and the list is growing. As of today, vaccinated people can enter Equator, Georgia, Poland, Croatia, Slovenia, Romania, Lithuania,Moldavia (and some more eastern EU countries) without a PCR test.
OK but we are still talking of a small number of secondary destinations.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by NickB
OK but we are still talking of a small number of secondary destinations.
So far yes, smaller countries are paving the way.
Now that EU and some Asian countries are mentioning plans to open their borders to vaccinated people, we will see if they follow suit regarding PCR tests. It would be a game changer as far as intl travel is concerned, and I’m sure they know it.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
Switzerland, some parts at least. I also wonder how official will react to a one dose vaccine.
Also Germany. Official recommendation of the Robert-Koch-Institut is to vaccinate people that have recovered from Corona with only one injection, no earlier than six months after recovery. And I am sure there are other countries that adopt the same approach.

For France, I got one shot of BioNTech vaccine, and the doc told me that would be my only one, so as not to over-stimulate the immune system. And in fact I still had lots of antibodies even one year after the infection (about 100 times the positivity threshold). The paperwork I got states that I have completed my second injection, although it technically was only the first. I suppose they did that so as to express that I am "fully protected".

What I am really nervous about is how to get the "official" vaccination confirmation downloaded and onto the app, although the last step is a nice-to-have. Will that official confirmation say that I have done two injections? Or will it say that I am "fully" vaccinated? Given that I have already been vaccinated and obtaining confirmations for vaccinations that have happened in the past will only work end of May, I just fear a dysfunctional mess. I also worry about an incompatibility mess between national solutions/platforms and a European platform if/when that is launched, about confusion at foreign borders, etc.

I no longer worry about falling sick (actually I never worried: I was infected late Feb 2020 when there wasn't a general hysteria yet so I didn't know what to worry about; after I felt "safe" because I had recovered; and now I am even vaccinated), I worry that bureaucratic and tech problems will still not allow us to get back to something more similar to pre-Covid-normality, at least in Europe/North America/developed Asia.
blairvanhorn, Goldorak and maalloc like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 12:17 pm

Programs: HHD
EU should settle on an available format to prove one is vaccinated. Cyprus is already implementing one.

E-HCert App That Uses VeChain Now Live in Cyprus Hospital, Over 500 People Received Lab Tests and Covid-19 Results - Herald Sheets
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Actually, do they really check those papers at destination? My experience has been that all the covid-related papers are checked at check-in by the airline ground staff and then the immigration only bothers to check your passport, checking other papers being somewhat random or rare, if any.
In my experience it is checked at destination in 3/4 of cases. I am talking about PCR tests as I don't have yet experience with vaccination proofs. And returning to France, it is 100%

I'll be curious to know how it went in your case, rules (and their enforcement) vary quite a lot from one country to another, after all.
I will report on FT, promised

Another thing, atypical vaccination schemes that we have in France: those that got AZ and are under the age of 55 are now to get the Pfizer or Moderna jab as second dose. I don't think that scheme has been approved by other countries, so, if you fall into that case, will you count as fully vaccinated or not?
I am sure it will be counted as fully vaccinated. No doubt about this. And do not forget that several EU countries will face this specific problem with the AZ vaccine with a restriction for use below a certain age. So many EU countries have some people who will have received AZ as 1st dose and another vaccine for the 2nd shot.

Oh and last but not least, when will France authorise the vaccinated to enter here without tests? Quite frankly, it kind of looks like France has decided to simply ignore those that have already been vaccinated and not make their life any easier.
A very good question. This is my next fight
This is ridiculous to continue to ask for this test to return to France while you can go to a significant number of countries without test now. Or at least they should allow to have only an antigenic test on arrival for fully vaccinated people if coming back from EU and "safe" countries".
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am happy to report that my ugly vaccination certificate was accepted without problem in CDG (not really a surprise here - it was checked twice) and more important at destination (ZAG, Croatia). So no need to use my backup PCR test.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Another thing, atypical vaccination schemes that we have in France: those that got AZ and are under the age of 55 are now to get the Pfizer or Moderna jab as second dose. I don't think that scheme has been approved by other countries, so, if you fall into that case, will you count as fully vaccinated or not?.
FYI, I read today that O. Veran has asked the HAS to allow people under 55 who already had a 1st AZ shot and who would like to volunteer to have the 2nd shot also with AZ (a discharge of responsibility would have to be signed).
Old May 1, 2021, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I am happy to report that my ugly vaccination certificate was accepted without problem in CDG (not really a surprise here - it was checked twice) and more important at destination (ZAG, Croatia). So no need to use my backup PCR test.
Great news. Now let's use all your charm to get back to France with just the vaccination certificate
Old May 4, 2021, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

I had to pass the land border Croatia-Montenegro twice in a day (Montenegro day trip). Montenegro, like Croatia, waives the test requirement for vaccinated people. I was asked each time my Covid test passing the border but I said I was vaccinated and the ugly paper was accepted without problem .
blairvanhorn and maalloc like this.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Any new vaccination certificate can be imported in TousAntiCovid app as they should have a QR code allowing the import. For previously done vaccinations, it should be (finally !!!) available for import in the app from our Ameli social security account from end of May

blairvanhorn, kthomas and joyu12 like this.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

It may interest some of you : from mid-May, Italy will waive quarantine for EU travelers providing they have a PCR test or a vaccination certificate. And, until the EU pass is available, they will accept the national certificates. So I understand this as accepting the « ugly vaccine certificates »
blairvanhorn, Solevita and maalloc like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.