Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ATLCDG
Content from on.the.bowery

In 2024, customers will find La Premiere on to 11 destinations.

La Premiere is available if you are flying to Tokyo, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New-York City (JFK), Washington DC, Miami, Abidjan, Singapore, Mexico City*, Sao Paulo and Dubai.

*Please note that Air France will discontinue the La Premiere service on the Mexico City (MEX) route on the 31st of March.

In 2024, you will find La Premiere on the following flights :

(All flights are in / out of Paris CDG. Exact timing varies during the year. These times are based on departures and arrivals in the month of May or August (middle of 2024)).

From Paris to New York City (JFK) :
AF4 10:30 - 12:45
AF6 13:30 - 15:50
AF8 16:30 - 18:50 (This flight does not systematically offer P Product)
AF10 18:30 - 20:40 (This flight will not offer P product after the month of June)
From New York City (JFK) to Paris :
AF1 16:30 - 05:55+1
AF5 18:30 - 08:05+1
AF7 21:30 - 11:05+1 (This flight does not systematically offer P Product)
AF9 23:15 - 12:40+1 (This flight will not offer P product after the month of June)

From Paris to Los Angeles (LAX) :
AF20 08:45 - 11:25 (P Product on this flight only in July and August)
AF22 10:40 - 13:05
AF24 13:30 - 16:05
From Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris :
AF21 13:40 - 09:20+1 (P Product on this flight only in July and August)
AF23 15:20 - 11:15+1
AF25 18:30 - 14:20+1

From Paris to San Francisco (SFO) :
AF84 10:15 - 12:45
From San Francisco (SFO) to Paris :
AF83 15:00 - 10:50+1

From Paris to Abidjan (ABJ) :
AF702 14:35 - 18:55
From Abidjan (ABJ) to Paris :
AF703 21:30 - 05:55+1

From Paris to Singapore (SIN) :
AF256 21:15 - 16:30+1
From Singapore (SIN) to Paris :
AF257 22:30 - 06:10+1

From Paris to Miami (MIA) :
AF90 14:05 - 17:55
From Miami (MIA) to Paris :
AF99 20:15 - 11:15+1

From Paris to Tokyo Haneda (HND) :
AF274 22:00 - 18:30+1
From Tokyo Haneda (HND) to Paris :
AF293 00:05 - 07:55

From Paris to Washington (IAD) :
AF54 14:00 - 16:21
From Washington (IAD) to Paris :
AF55 18:45 - 08:05+1

From Paris to Sao Paulo (GRU) :
AF460 10:10 - 16:45
From Sao Paulo (GRU) to Paris :
AF459 18:55 - 11:05+1

From Paris to Dubai (DXB) :
AF662 13:45 - 22:25
From Dubai (DXB) to Paris :
AF655 00:40 - 06:00

From Paris to Mexico City (MEX) :
AF178 11:35 - 16:55 (ends in March)
From Mexico City (MEX) to Paris :
AF179 19:55 - 14:35+1 (ends in March)

Previously this travel class was available on the 772 too.

These flights are operated by a fleet of 19 specific 777-300ER (F-GSQA/B/C/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/U/V/Y and F-GZNA/B/C/D, and E)

Other routes that previously operated La Premiere service but are now terminated (as P service) included Osaka, Lagos, Beijing, Atlanta, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Chicago, Houston, Montreal and Johannesburg. (Or even the overnight flight to Sao Paulo for example.)

Print Wikipost

AF « La Première » Outlook

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 4:56 am
Original Poster

AF « La Première » Outlook

I initiate this thread as P product is frequently discussed on sub forums.
ebayj and Jean97 like this.

Last edited by Bullspread; Sep 6, 2020 at 12:45 am
Old May 28, 2020, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Following the retreat of the A380 , I notice today that Yield Management reduced the availability of buckets fares P and F to a maximum of 4 to 3 to anticipate the switch of airplane from an A380 to 77W
Old May 28, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Will AF install more La Première seats now that the A380s are gone? Not all of the 77Ws have La Première, so they could install them there.

Some other airlines have managed to put First Class on their 787-9s and A350-900s. Don't see AF doing so, but at least there's the opportunity.
Old May 28, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
I think AF will get rid of La Première within one or two years. The 777 300 ER fleet with 4 F seats is not big enough to justify to keep this class.
Old May 28, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by AHC96
Will AF install more La Première seats now that the A380s are gone? Not all of the 77Ws have La Première, so they could install them there.

Some other airlines have managed to put First Class on their 787-9s and A350-900s. Don't see AF doing so, but at least there's the opportunity.
This is an interesting question. I think this would require refurbishing completely some planes, and I am not sure whether AF can afford such an investment in the near future. So I would imagine not much to happen in this sense in the immediate future...
Old May 28, 2020, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Jean97
I think AF will get rid of La Première within one or two years. The 777 300 ER fleet with 4 F seats is not big enough to justify to keep this class.
Of this I am not sure. I think it is a big part of AF selling point as a premium airline. Moreover, AF first class while pricey used to sell quite well. If there is demand and they can operate the B773s with a full P cabin, I don't see why they should stop. They have 19 planes with P (according to Wikipedia France), and I don't see them reconfiguring them or retiring them any time soon.

But I guess that all will depend on how much demand for travel there will be in 6-12 months from now. If anything, I'd imagine that the demand for business and luxury travel would suffer less than for economy.
HiBob likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by alesfo
This is an interesting question. I think this would require refurbishing completely some planes, and I am not sure whether AF can afford such an investment in the near future. So I would imagine not much to happen in this sense in the immediate future...
Removing the P seats from planes will also have the cost of reconfiguration.
kthomas and HiBob like this.
Old May 28, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Perhaps they will launch a 'Premium Business' class to use these seats without the ground amenities if P itself disappears?
Old May 28, 2020, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Of this I am not sure. I think it is a big part of AF selling point as a premium airline. Moreover, AF first class while pricey used to sell quite well. If there is demand and they can operate the B773s with a full P cabin, I don't see why they should stop. They have 19 planes with P (according to Wikipedia France), and I don't see them reconfiguring them or retiring them any time soon.

But I guess that all will depend on how much demand for travel there will be in 6-12 months from now. If anything, I'd imagine that the demand for business and luxury travel would suffer less than for economy.
difficult indeed to estimate . I imagine that the demand for business Class from corporate could be strongly reduced these next months
whereas the demand for First class used by wealthy Pax could be less affected (LAX, NYC, HKG)
Old May 28, 2020, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeteM01
Perhaps they will launch a 'Premium Business' class to use these seats without the ground amenities if P itself disappears?
no P product anymore will let apart its clientele.
if I take my example as Ultimate member, I fly AF because they have a very descent First class product.
Should they turn into an only Business/Eco product, I will turn to Star Alliance who have a descent F offer (SQ, LX, LH, ANA) and I will select this alliance rather than Skyteam even on J flights)
ebayj, SkyteamEP and CptnInc like this.

Last edited by Bullspread; May 28, 2020 at 9:42 am
Old May 28, 2020, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Indeed. My best guess is that they will keep the P as it is on the 773 for several months, until it is clear where the demand is going (and what is the fate of air travel worldwide). Any other move is either costly (refurbishing) or risky. For instance, scrapping the whole P experience and offering a "premium business experience" consisting of a better seat would mean a much lower price point and, more importantly, would damage the brand of La Premiere irreparably (meaning, if it does not work it will be very hard to go back to selling a premium product for three times the cost of a J seat).
Old May 29, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold

I already made some comments here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32407365-post2891.html

Regarding your points. There is no way that longhaul air travel will reach pre-covid levels in the next 12 months. Maybe AF will restore most of its flights, but loads will be less.

P is a big marketing part in AF advertising. Whether it is successful is another question. It might be in America where national airlines have a mediocre F product, if any. At the other end of the spectrum, AF premium image is poor in Asia. Unreliable-airline perception and the mix of old and up-to-date J seats are damaging. Over half of AF P seats were antique and did not help either. Other Asian airlines have excellent F too (CX, SQ, NH, JL, KE, OZ,..). Furthermore, it is unclear whether advertising a great F will boost Y or J travel. I do understand that some posters here would be upset if AF removes P, but AF should take a rational business approach to the decision, not wishful thinking.

It is likely that the future of P is not an urgent matter for AF. AF will wait to reach a decision. With the removal of A380s, one waiting position would be to temporarily halt offering F and the huge cost involved. There will be plenty of overcapacity in the coming months (possibly years), so no need to spend on retrofit.The 4 P seats could fly empty or be used for opup of some J pax, but with J service.
Old May 29, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by brunos
It is likely that the future of P is not an urgent matter for AF. AF will wait to reach a decision. With the removal of A380s, one waiting position would be to temporarily halt offering F and the huge cost involved. There will be plenty of overcapacity in the coming months (possibly years), so no need to spend on retrofit.The 4 P seats could fly empty or be used for opup of some J pax, but with J service.
I suspect the P seats will be reserved for crew use for the forseeable future, if P is discontinued. It would be nice to 'flub' occasionally (as they say on the BA forum) but I don't hold out much hope.
Old May 29, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: FB PFL, ALL Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, EK PLAT, Air Caraïbes Diam, SQ PPS, ̷IHG Diam
Originally Posted by brunos
I already made some comments here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32407365-post2891.html

Regarding your points. There is no way that longhaul air travel will reach pre-covid levels in the next 12 months. Maybe AF will restore most of its flights, but loads will be less.

P is a big marketing part in AF advertising. Whether it is successful is another question. It might be in America where national airlines have a mediocre F product, if any. At the other end of the spectrum, AF premium image is poor in Asia. Unreliable-airline perception and the mix of old and up-to-date J seats are damaging. Over half of AF P seats were antique and did not help either. Other Asian airlines have excellent F too (CX, SQ, NH, JL, KE, OZ,..). Furthermore, it is unclear whether advertising a great F will boost Y or J travel. I do understand that some posters here would be upset if AF removes P, but AF should take a rational business approach to the decision, not wishful thinking.

I agree, and I even go further, as I started the discussion with the announcement of A380 retirement in AF fleet. On SQ for instance, there is a huge gap of comfort between F on 773, and Suites revamped on A380. I pay the price for suites, but prefer to travel in J when plane is 777. For AF, It might become quickly the same with aging 777 if no new plane proposes F seats.
Old May 29, 2020, 6:16 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
AF is anyway in the process of refitting their 3-class B77W with new J-seats, so the additional cost of configuring them with a 4-8 seat P-cabin is negligible. I firmly believe this was anyway the original plan to compensate for the A380 removal. Now while the A380 goes faster, demand will not pick up that fast, so they will have until around 2022 to offer the full P-capacity in the network.
Having just 76 P-seats in the fleet will not warrant the fixed cost of providing P-service (P-lounge, staff, etc.). So either they (mostly) compensate the A380 P-capacity or completely remove P. I believe Paris warrants a La Premiere offering from its flag carrier. Focus is on the long-term with an investment horizon over the next 10 years, not the short-term Corona period. Those who invest in the crisis, will come back stronger afterwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.