Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Board Service Changes - Corona

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2020, 2:02 pm

Now it is easy to eliminate which airline you avoid for not having a decent service onboard. Only die hard fans would accept any inferior service!. Not with my money!
Old May 24, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Total shame on KL on this. For DL, I don’t understand the plastic glass thing. That doesn’t make any sense.
Question for the DL hot meal : the way you describe it (beef, chicken, tortellini pasta), it looks like a Y meal. Was that a Y style meal or a proper J one ?
Yes, it was a proper J meal. Sorry my descriptions were not up to the D1 menu standards 🤣😂. The Delta One main courses were the usual Delta One selections minus the fish/seafood option. Normally they have four choices but it has been reduced to three.

KLM: bottled water and ham and cheese sandwich

KLM: Bag of drinks, fruits and snacks

KLM: hot meal of chicken with noodles, pasta salad appetizer and cake

Delta One Main meal all on one tray now with salad, soup, breads and dessert. Three main course choices

Delta: pre-arrival meal with two choices - no changes here.
the810, HalconBCN and Redmax like this.

Last edited by ClipperDelta; May 24, 2020 at 3:55 pm
Old May 24, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Yes, it was a proper J meal. Sorry my descriptions were not up to the D1 menu standards 🤣😂. The Delta One main courses were the usual Delta One selections minus the fish/seafood option. Normally they have four choices but it has been reduced to three.

KLM: bottled water and ham and cheese sandwich

KLM: Bag of drinks, fruits and snacks

KLM: hot meal of chicken with noodles, pasta salad appetizer and cake

Delta One Main meal all on one tray now with salad, soup, breads and dessert. Three main course choices

Delta: pre-arrival meal with two choices - no changes here.
Nice pics!
The DL meals look perfectly acceptable. Edible and well presented.
The KLM bag and cheap Y meal look pathetic for a J ticket, surely the crew must feel embarrassed about it?
the810 and Bullspread like this.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Nice pics!
The DL meals look perfectly acceptable. Edible and well presented.
The KLM bag and cheap Y meal look pathetic for a J ticket, surely the crew must feel embarrassed about it?
well if their idea, right or wrong, was that the crew volunteered and hence you are lucky to be flying, probably the crew was not too concerned about the meals served --- indeed maybe they count you lucky to have gotten anything better than a wrapped sandwich.

By the way, I emailed La Premiere (Swiss email address) to ask what could I expect from the service in P in August, and in particular if the CDG Lounge will be open. I will report as soon as I hear back from them, in case anyone is interested.
Old May 27, 2020, 12:18 am

I asked last week AF about Paris lounges reopening . They mentioned me that are waiting for the sanitary measures concerning restaurants .
Old May 27, 2020, 1:25 am

For onboard food on EU flights, the service looks quite disparate among EU carriers (NB:there is a dedicated thread/forum on this).
On short/medium-haul it goes from nothing (KL, AF), to almost regular service in J (LH). Reasons are a mix of sanitary measures, cost cutting and union pressure...
Old May 27, 2020, 4:08 am

Definitely less about Covid-19 as more to cost cuts!
Dismal development on premium service! Not worth paying it! They will surely allow more upgrades to premium cabins as there will be no sensible traveller who is willing to pay for that food service!. The aim in travelling is now, to get less people around you.
Suites and cocoon seats are the winner at the moment or if you are lucky in Y, you get a whole row for yourself.

Last edited by Redmax; May 27, 2020 at 7:01 am
Old May 27, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by alesfo
By the way, I emailed La Premiere (Swiss email address) to ask what could I expect from the service in P in August, and in particular if the CDG Lounge will be open. I will report as soon as I hear back from them, in case anyone is interested.
I got a reply: they told me they cannot give an answer now, but they should be able to answer at some point in early June.
Redmax and MsEllie like this.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
What's the deal with plastic utensils and glasses? Do they think that they can't be properly washed for re-use after a flight? That is nonsense. Why downgrade the food to the Y meal.
Old May 31, 2020, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
What's the deal with plastic utensils and glasses? Do they think that they can't be properly washed for re-use after a flight? That is nonsense. Why downgrade the food to the Y meal.
I assume that they use plastic because they throw away the utensils. No need for the FA to store each glass individually in the storage tray.
Bravo for the environment impact.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 8:33 pm

Today's email (received in french) from Anne Rigail details "Air France Protect" measures, confirming no more Skypriority and no catering for flights below 2h30 (packaged food for longer flights). Other measures are more or less BS. For example, hydro-alcoholic gel is available at airport, but no mention if it is available on board (could have been interesting that, during boarding, in addition to temperature check, each passenger gets gel applied on his hands)

"- Le port du masque chirurgical est obligatoire dès votre arrivée à l’aéroport, ainsi qu’à bord de nos avions pendant toute la durée du vol
- Tous nos personnels sont également équipés de masques chirurgicaux.
- Le respect de la distanciation physique à chaque étape de votre parcours en aéroport est matérialisé par un marquage au sol et une signalétique spécifique, et renforcé par l’installation de protections en plexiglass sur tous nos comptoirs
- Du gel hydroalcoolique en libre-service est mis à votre disposition à tous les points de contact en aéroport (bornes libre-service, déposes bagages, embarquement…).
- Un contrôle de température corporelle est mis en place avant l’embarquement de chacun de nos vols (sauf quand la réglementation locale l’interdit).
- L’embarquement a été réorganisé pour limiter les croisements à bord de nos appareils. Nous commençons ainsi par embarquer les passagers assis à l’arrière de l’avion pour ensuite remonter jusqu’à l’avant.
- A bord, nous avons simplifié l’offre de restauration pour limiter les contacts. Nous ne proposons plus de service de boisson et restauration sur les vols inférieurs à 2h30. Pour les vols plus longs, nous privilégions sur votre plateau, des produits individuellement emballés, filmés ou clochés.
- Nos cabines font l’objet d’un nettoyage quotidien minutieux et sont régulièrement désinfectées avec un virucide homologué à effet prolongé.
- Nos cabines sont équipées d’un système de filtrage de l’air du même type que celui des blocs opératoires (filtre HEPA). L'air des cabines est ainsi totalement filtré et renouvelé toutes les 3 minutes. Je vous conseille, par ailleurs, de prendre connaissance de la réglementation en vigueur à votre destination, qui peut varier en fonction de chaque pays."

Last edited by asiantraveler60; Jun 3, 2020 at 8:41 pm
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by asiantraveler60
Today's email (received in french) from Anne Rigail details "Air France Protect" measures, confirming no more Skypriority and no catering for flights below 2h30 (packaged food for longer flights).
But at least, for flights >2h30, the catering is the regular one or very close to, while it's not with KL.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:30 am

But at least, for flights >2h30, the catering is the regular one or very close to, while it's not with KL.
i have 3 flights In Europe booked in C ; i think I will modify them to fly economy as there is almost no diff anymore at that time
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM
I'm hoping you're right, since sometimes J meals are provided with plastic covers on each dish anyway -- but my initial thought was we'll be getting pre-wrapped sandwiches and chips like the KL pics showed. I'm holding out hope my September SFO-CDG trip is as close to "normal" as possible, though it sounds like a 2nd meal is not a guarantee. I also did not know that ALL lounges were closed at CDG; somehow I thought there was one in each terminal still operating. Can't wait to hear first-hand responses as we start flying again.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:18 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I won't comment how much of the measures are purely symbolic or BS, simply because I don't have enough medical expertse to judge (I have questions, but not answers).

What I don't get though is the "no Skypriority" for flights below 2H30 / startring with people seated in the back. Say a flight leaves at 15H. They start boarding at 14H35 with people seated in the back, then at 14H40 the next batch, Business Class at 14H45 and so on. And then, at 14H45 comes a group of 20 people from a connecting flight that are seated in the back. Plus some of those people that cut it short. What then? Will they see themselves refused to fly unless they are seated in front? I don't care about the Skypriority part as such (I am happy just to stay longer in the lounge if/when there is one or sit in the gate area and board at the end rather than at the start), but I question the practical applicability of this measure.
f4free likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.