Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2020, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by LY777
I heard it will fly empty to CDG at low altitude
According to FR24, it departed PNR shortly after my post and it arrived in the evening in CDG. Cruising altitude was above 12,000m, so normal.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
According to FR24, it departed PNR shortly after my post and it arrived in the evening in CDG. Cruising altitude was above 12,000m, so normal.
Thanks for the update
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
In that case, they must have gotten incredibly, incredibly lucky that the bullets didn't damage the pressure vessel.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
F-GZCD has been in BOD since May 6 and is currently on a test flight. Possible completion of cabin mods?
F-GZCH re-entered service on July 3. Assume that its mods are complete.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by N515CR
F-GZCD has been in BOD since May 6 and is currently on a test flight. Possible completion of cabin mods?
F-GZCH re-entered service on July 3. Assume that its mods are complete.
For D, it did indeed a long test flight today BOD to BOD. It should return to service very soon.
For H, yes for sure

Still no news from E (no activity on FR24) : still in CGK ?
Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:25 am

ZCE has popped up a few times on FR24 in the last few days. No flights, but this may be an indication that it will be exiting CGK soon...https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-gzce
Goldorak likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

F-GZCE is still in CGK (for 6.5 months now ). There are daily ground tests for a while now, visible on FR24. What could be an explanation for such an extended period of isolation ? Even a D check is not that long. Do you think it's possible that, after a C- or D-check and cabin retrofit, AF has decided to keep it stored in CGK instead of CDG because of storage prices lower than in CDG ? Like BA parking their A380 in CHR instead of LHR because cheaper ? This is the only logical reason I see. And what we see on FR24 is just some "daily exercising activities" ?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: Many
F-GZCE is still in CGK (for 6.5 months now ). There are daily ground tests for a while now, visible on FR24. What could be an explanation for such an extended period of isolation ? Even a D check is not that long. Do you think it's possible that, after a C- or D-check and cabin retrofit, AF has decided to keep it stored in CGK instead of CDG because of storage prices lower than in CDG ? Like BA parking their A380 in CHR instead of LHR because cheaper ? This is the only logical reason I see. And what we see on FR24 is just some "daily exercising activities" ?
Really weird as the weather in CGK is not exactly the most recommended one for aircraft storage.

SQ has moved some of their frames in the Australian desert for instance, certainly not in CGK.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed very strange..
All major airports are full of parked planes. Not sure that CGK is a logical choice, even in terms of cost.
I remember reading that all Indonesian airports are full of parked planes; but these are from local airlines.
Having an AF plane parked in CGK sounds bizarre with humid weather, although the summer sees less rain.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 7:14 am

F-GZCE did an actual test flight today and not just a 'systems-on' such that it pops up on FR24: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...-gzce#25c1b2de
Old Oct 13, 2020, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by N515CR
F-GZCE did an actual test flight today and not just a 'systems-on' such that it pops up on FR24: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...-gzce#25c1b2de
indeed. Maybe the return flight home is getting closer.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 7:53 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
indeed. Maybe the return flight home is getting closer.
F-GZCE departed CGK this morning and is currently above the Persian gulf according to FR24. Expected in CDG at 10 pm after a 14 hours non-stop flight.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gkl
F-GZCE departed CGK this morning and is currently above the Persian gulf according to FR24. Expected in CDG at 10 pm after a 14 hours non-stop flight.
it has landed now. Welcome back home F-GZCE
Old Dec 4, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Just flew lately on F-GZCF in Y. I tried to access the wifi, but impossible. The login page never charged. I however noted that the provider was a different one that the usual connect.airfrance.com login page, my browser was trying to get on a gogoinflight.com website.

I spoke with the FA but he was unable to solve the issue even though they restarted it two times. He explained that no all planes are fitted with the same service, bad luck, but not sure I knew what he was talking about. Did you ever had the same experience ? Does anyone know how to connect on the gogoinflight service with a mobile phone ? Of course, with no leaflet explaining how to connect to limit covid propagation, impossible to know whether I did something wrong, but I haven't read anything about different service providers for AF.

Thanks a lot.
Old Dec 4, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
Just flew lately on F-GZCF in Y. I tried to access the wifi, but impossible. The login page never charged. I however noted that the provider was a different one that the usual connect.airfrance.com login page, my browser was trying to get on a gogoinflight.com website.

I spoke with the FA but he was unable to solve the issue even though they restarted it two times. He explained that no all planes are fitted with the same service, bad luck, but not sure I knew what he was talking about. Did you ever had the same experience ? Does anyone know how to connect on the gogoinflight service with a mobile phone ? Of course, with no leaflet explaining how to connect to limit covid propagation, impossible to know whether I did something wrong, but I haven't read anything about different service providers for AF.

Thanks a lot.
weird...why using 2 providers for a such a small fleet. Never heard about that before, but I know that AF had some problems with the wifi antenna on some A332 after the retrofit. This could be the explanation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.