Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Old Sep 28, 2019, 3:57 pm

2020 trip

Hi - new guy here. Thanks for all this great info. I used to fly AF business all the time until I moved near Chicago... and needed to avoid the dreaded old A330s.

Anyways, I was browsing the AF site the other night and found special fares from NCE to ORD (via CDG) in Business for $1400 round trip. I bought two tickets for my parents thinking that the price was too good to pass up, even though it would be the old business cabin. Thanks to the forum, I now realize that it will likely be the new cabin! Of course, I can see that it is the new layout in my reservations but you never know with last minute equipment swaps. Hopefully all the A330s will be retrofitted by next July.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by FabCW
Hi - new guy here. Thanks for all this great info. I used to fly AF business all the time until I moved near Chicago... and needed to avoid the dreaded old A330s.

Anyways, I was browsing the AF site the other night and found special fares from NCE to ORD (via CDG) in Business for $1400 round trip. I bought two tickets for my parents thinking that the price was too good to pass up, even though it would be the old business cabin. Thanks to the forum, I now realize that it will likely be the new cabin! Of course, I can see that it is the new layout in my reservations but you never know with last minute equipment swaps. Hopefully all the A330s will be retrofitted by next July.
Welcome to FT
Next july, the retrofit will be finished.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Welcome to FT
Next july, the retrofit will be finished.
Thank you! Thats reassuring. Hopefully my parents enjoy the ride! This will be my dads first experience in Business. Glad to know he will get to experience a newer product.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Advice on the best seats for a couple traveling together in J?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by CLEguy
No difference between seats/rows. The mini cabin with the 2 last rows may have a more intimate feeling.
CLEguy likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
No difference between seats/rows. The mini cabin with the 2 last rows may have a more intimate feeling.
Thanks. Is light or noise from the galley a concern in any row?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
I picked 1J and 1L since there is no galley and no accessible bathroom at the front. So that should be quiet.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

F-GZCN has flown to PGF on Oct 2 under flight number AF372V and has not flown since that. Why PGF and not BOD ? Is that another potential site for retrofit?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum For Life; ALL Platinum
It seems there is Sabena technics there
https://www.sabenatechnics.com/newsr...intenance-site

However they do also A330 Check there so difficult to know if it is a retrofit or a Check
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I flew the new product a few weeks back and was impressed. Stylish cabin, awesome screen, and great service. I didn't notices any abnormal wear and tear others had mentioned. As I was flying with my wife, I didn't mind the 2-2-2 configuration. I purchased the internet for ~$30 and had a decent connection the whole flight. Only two small complaints 1) one bathroom was not enough for a full business class 2) screen had a bunch of glare and the positioning made it easy to watch your neighbors screen. Overall, a huge improved over the A380 I flew in J a couple years back.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

A quick update :
F-GZCD has not flown between 2 and 9/10 but remained in CDG, so I suppose it has nothing to do with cabin retrofit (too short + location).

F-GZCN stayed only briefly in PGF (3 days). It returned to service on Oct 5. Too short for a retrofit and it’s normally not the location to do it.

So it seems no plane is undergoing retrofit for the last 3 weeks, as the status of F-GZCC in heavy maintenance in CGK is unsure retrofit-wise. I have the feeling they are running very late on their schedule...
Mirk likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Many
I have the feeling they are running very late on their schedule...
How unusual of them
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
We all know where NEV4 J seat versus old D1 767 seat stand but I was actually wondering how does the new A330 J seat compare to new D1 J seat in 767 (currently only on a few 767-400)? Anybody already flown both?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

F-GZCL is now in BOD (since Oct 13). Wiki updated.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I've had access to the planning of retrofit for each plane so I've added the expected month they are supposed to get the new seats for the remainder of the fleet.
Goldorak and glennhaak like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.