Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: N515CR
Air France A330-200 Mods

Air France is refurbishing the cabin of its A330-200 fleet. Business Class configuration will remain 2-2-2.

From Air France:
Air France unveils its new long-haul travel cabins exclusively available on board its Airbus A330s. The company offers a new travel experience in its Business (36 seats), Premium Economy (21 seats) and Economy (167 seats) cabins. 15 aircraft will be completely redesigned by 2020 thanks to a global investment of 140 million euros.
Link to Press Release: https://corporate.airfrance.com/en/n...rd-airbus-a330
Master long haul new seats thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...formation.html

F-GZCA Done
F-GZCB Done
F-GZCC Done
F-GZCD Done
F-GZCE Done
F-GZCF Done
F-GZCG Done

F-GZCH Done
F-GZCI Done
F-GZCJ Done
F-GZCK Done
F-GZCL Done
F-GZCM Done

F-GZCN Done
F-GZCO Done
15/15 completed

Last update: 15/10/2020

Business Class Seatmap

Print Wikipost

A330 retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:55 pm

Heading to BLR

I'm heading to BLR next week, I'll try to report back. I was supposed to go a couple of weeks ago with both flights from CDG having WiFi, but now only one leg has WiFi. Very disappointing.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:24 pm

Flying 330-200 in September.

When I purchased my Air France tickets in April, my nonstop flight from Ord to Cdg showed the new business class seat configuration for 330-200. I fly out in September. Is there any good guess as to whether I will be on that newly refurbished plane or get changed back to the old stuff?
thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BCFO
I fly out in September. Is there any good guess as to whether I will be on that newly refurbished plane or get changed back to the old stuff?
Nobody can give you the answer. Both are possible in theory.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: El Al Matmid, Air France Flying Blue Silver
So far, only 3 a/c have been refurbished ??
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:36 am

I booked my dad and myself in late September ord-cdg specifically for this cabin because it showed the new J map. Now when I look the only day in September to feature the old map is my flight. Is this by any means set in stone? Sorry for being a nervous nelly, I just don’t know why one specific flight over 2 months out is showing the old cabin.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HPfly
I booked my dad and myself in late September ord-cdg specifically for this cabin because it showed the new J map. Now when I look the only day in September to feature the old map is my flight. Is this by any means set in stone? Sorry for being a nervous nelly, I just don’t know why one specific flight over 2 months out is showing the old cabin.
Nothing is never set in stone, one way or another and up to last minute before the flight.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
If you check, for instance, F-GZCI, which, indeed, has been retrofitted, you will find that while it is assigned to the ORD route, it is also used on the SEA, DFW, LOS and a bunch of African routes. Not sure what the rationale is. Perhaps to keep everyone happy with a retrofitted A332 every once in a while. It is a bit of a sick Russian roulette, not knowing what you will get. My philosophy -- brace yourself for the worse, and hope for the best .
JOUY31 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:25 am

Thanks for keeping us all updated. I will plan for the best in September and be prepared for whatever put me on.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Macaron54
If you check, for instance, F-GZCI, which, indeed, has been retrofitted, you will find that while it is assigned to the ORD route, it is also used on the SEA, DFW, LOS and a bunch of African routes. Not sure what the rationale is. Perhaps to keep everyone happy with a retrofitted A332 every once in a while. It is a bit of a sick Russian roulette, not knowing what you will get. My philosophy -- brace yourself for the worse, and hope for the best .
Yea, I work for AA so I absolutely understand that things can change. The only thing curious to me is that from now until the end of September every flight from ORD-CDG is showing the new J cabin except my flight, I guess it's just bad luck. Working for AA I get to fly lie-flat all the time and rave about it to my dad so he's excited, though I suppose he hasn't flown any J product before so I'm sure the older product will but just fine for him. Thanks again for all the help in this forum!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Ultimate Platinum for Life/Club 2000, UA MileagePlus
Yea, I work for AA so I absolutely understand that things can change. The only thing curious to me is that from now until the end of September every flight from ORD-CDG is showing the new J cabin except my flight, I guess it's just bad luck. Working for AA I get to fly lie-flat all the time and rave about it to my dad so he's excited, though I suppose he hasn't flown any J product before so I'm sure the older product will but just fine for him. Thanks again for all the help in this forum!
You are very welcome, @HPfly. Flying with AF is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you will get .
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:05 pm

Lol

We haven’t updated the wiki for almost 2 months, I guess one or 2 more a/c have been retrofitted
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LY777
Lol

We haven’t updated the wiki for almost 2 months, I guess one or 2 more a/c have been retrofitted
Hopefully, although Summer is generally the peak demand for aircraft, and I would assume the retrofits slow. I am watching my September flight daily for any aircraft swaps. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:33 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
F-GZCK has also been updated. Not sure if it has WiFi or not.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by zmb
F-GZCK has also been updated. Not sure if it has WiFi or not.
Great
Old Aug 2, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by LY777
Originally Posted by Gig103
Now that we're in the summer season (March through October 2019), has anyone actually seen this retrofit on a flight to Seattle?
not yet
Good news for other Seattle passengers!! I had the upgraded equipment CDG-SEA.

If someone has an EF or similar account that can look up the tail-number for the wiki, it was AF338 on August 1 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.