There is now an official information on the AF website

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...air_france.htm
Old Jun 20, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by boeingguy1
http://www.france24.com/en/20160619-...week-euro-2016

They will be the death of this once great company.
A bit too dramatic. it will not be the death of AF anymore than strikes at LH have been its death. But it certainly does not help

Apparently the strike will go on as AF has no intention to yield and pilots seem to live in a parallel world and are unlikely to cancel the strike.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
There is now an official information on the AF website

https://www.airfrance.fr/FR/en/commo...air_france.htm
I just flew into CPH and have AF out of here on 6/29 after almost a week in Norway. I called DL and they interpret the key paragraph as saying free changes include only June 24-27. However, the wording on the AF web is a bit confusing.

Does anyone here understand this paragraph to extend to travel beyond June 24-27?

"You may anticipate your trip from June 20 to June 23, 2016 included or postpone your trip from June 28 to 30, 2016, included, at no extra cost in the same ticketed cabin."
Old Jun 21, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xeno
I just flew into CPH and have AF out of here on 6/29 after almost a week in Norway. I called DL and they interpret the key paragraph as saying free changes include only June 24-27. However, the wording on the AF web is a bit confusing.

Does anyone here understand this paragraph to extend to travel beyond June 24-27?

"You may anticipate your trip from June 20 to June 23, 2016 included or postpone your trip from June 28 to 30, 2016, included, at no extra cost in the same ticketed cabin."
I don't think there is a need for interpretation as the text is clear. if you have a booking during the strike 24-27 you can either book for 3 days before or 3 days after. Whatever your booking class is you can travel in the same cabin as booked, if seats available. You can also postpone after 30 June, but you need to have availability in your booking class. In all cases there is no change fee.
But there is no reason why they would allow you to reschedule free of charge if you have a booking outside of strike days.

BTW: some friends went to Bordeaux to watch Spain-Croatia tonight; quite upset that trams/bus are on strike.

Last edited by brunos; Jun 21, 2016 at 11:04 am
Old Jun 21, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
At least the upcoming strike has been cancelled.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
At least the upcoming strike has been cancelled.
Yes, good news that this pilot strike is now avoided. The future CEO is starting to discuss with them...
http://www.latribune.fr/entreprises-...es-581216.html
Old Jun 22, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
In any case. Just before the strike cancellation was announced, I changed a booking free of charge. Nice win for me
Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The pilots win again.
Sure, it is only a 4-month "suspension"of the measures, but a clear signal that management is ready to yield.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
The pilots win again.
Sure, it is only a 4-month "suspension"of the measures, but a clear signal that management is ready to yield.
I felt the same reading the La Tribune article
Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Raise your hand if you are surprised.

Anyone?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Apparently there is an ATC strike in France today, leading some airlines to cancel some flights. However AF flights seem not to be affected.

Just love the strikers...
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
I must admit, though I prefer the AF product, I just bought my next TATL business class ticket on UA rather than AF, and it was in part because of the strike (the price was the same). (A couple of years ago I was rescheduled 3 times in one day due to a combination of strikes and maintenance.) I would just like it to quiet down for a while.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This unexpected ATC strike is causing delays and cancellations, even at AF.
English, Welsh, Northern and Southern Irish fans have reasons to be happy. But they have a tough time coming back home.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ven-years.html
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
June 28 National Air Traffic Controllers Strike

As I am flying into and out of CDG on June 29, I noticed last night the AF web posted a night at 8 pm about rules for those who were flying at least domestic on June 28.

What is the likelihood that the air traffic controller strike will extend into June 29?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Xeno
As I am flying into and out of CDG on June 29, I noticed last night the AF web posted a night at 8 pm about rules for those who were flying at least domestic on June 28.

What is the likelihood that the air traffic controller strike will extend into June 29?
very low. But there might be some aircraft that need repositioning due to the 28 June strike.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.