Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Datapoints on Nice-Paris:
- Yesterday (friday) over 30% of lights to CDG and 40% to ORY cancelled
- Today over 30% of flights to CDG and only 15% to ORY. Many of the departing flights had long delays. Some connections must have been tough. But we must wait till tonight to get the whole picture for saturday.
Situation is getting worse at Nice airport.
On Saturday AF had planned to operate 85% of their ORY flights. But they had to cancel many more. According to Nice airport website, they only operated 5 flights out of the usual 12+, so close to 70% cancelled. Sunday, there are already 5 flights cancelled and should be more. It seems that the cancellation rate for Navette is around 40-60%, nothing like what AF hoped to operate. Given that it is one of the most heavy holiday-travel week end in France, the situation at NCE is chaotic. Easyjet is happy; they are either sold out or sell seats above 200E. AF is trying to rerpute via the provinces or on HOp or even other airlines.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
On Saturday AF had planned to operate 85% of their ORY flights. But they had to cancel many more. According to Nice airport website, they only operated 5 flights out of the usual 12+, so close to 70% cancelled. Sunday, there are already 5 flights cancelled and should be more. It seems that the cancellation rate for Navette is around 40-60%, nothing like what AF hoped to operate. Given that it is one of the most heavy holiday-travel week end in France, the situation at NCE is chaotic. Easyjet is happy; they are either sold out or sell seats above 200E. AF is trying to rerpute via the provinces or on HOp or even other airlines.
NCE on a July Saturday would be far more than 12 rotations normally. 12 is the minimum you get on low days in the middle of winter, so only 5 flights operated would probably be near 75% cancellations! (I am guessing 19 flights planned).
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Update on my friend. She contacted AF to make sure the 2nd leg of the trip home was not cancelled as the domestic flight indeed took off. The agent took care of everything so her reservation stayed in tact.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I can report that CDG 2E on Friday morning seemed pretty normal to me in terms of lines to check in, drop bags, and do security and passport control, although security may have been heightened. There did seem to be a longer than usual line for ticketing/customer service, but it wasn't extraordinary.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Silver,HH Diamond
AF Strike

I was booked on AF 010 business class departing CDG to JFK on July 28. Earlier that day, I was advised to check in, which I did, and assumed the flight was a go.

After returning from dinner, there was an email awaiting me stating the flight had been cancelled. Unlike Delta, they offered no alternative flights, only an assurance they were doing everything possible.

I called the contact number and after an extremely long hold time, was rebooked on a Delta flight departing Brussels. I guess I was lucky!
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Still 40+% flights NCE-ORY cancelled Sunday and Monday.
Friends staying with us were supposed to take a 17:10 flight and got rescheduled to the 18:00 and 19:15 flights. Both these flights departed with a 1:30 delay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.