FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Goldorak Jan 29, 2022 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise (Post 33945093)
The lounge at IAD accepts PP, that's probably the main reason it is full all the time.

Before Covid, they were not accepting PP holders in AF north American lounges around 3-4 hrs before the AFKL flights. With Covid, may be they accept them anytime now ?

Amrikibibaris Jan 30, 2022 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33945398)
Before Covid, they were not accepting PP holders in AF north American lounges around 3-4 hrs before the AFKL flights. With Covid, may be they accept them anytime now ?

I'm flying back there very soon and will ask in connection with my return flight at the end of February.
I note that the PP website reads: "Hours:Daily, 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.(subject to space constraints)," with the boldface being mine.
I've never noticed any arguments at the lounge counter about access by non-AF/KL/Icelandic Air PAX due to "space constraints," but I might not have been paying attention, especially those times I was forced to sit on the floor.
The lounge does tend to "flush out" a bit as the KL and Icelandic Air flights depart, which tends to support the notion that most folks in the lounge are flying those airlines. That usually leaves little respite for remaining AF clients, assuming the outgoing flight is on time, since the three airlines' early evening flights depart one right after the other. When I could, and when I wasn't hoping for an upgrade to P, the best time to use the lounge (and IAD in general) was for the later AF flight to CDG. We'll see if that resumes as AF hopes this spring.
One thing I've noted since travel picked up again in 2021 is that AF/KL PAX are checking in much earlier at IAD than pre-pandemic. As a consequence, the lounge fills up faster and stays full longer.

Goldorak Jan 30, 2022 8:19 pm

An info posted in another thread / forum indicates that the Hugo Junkers lounge in DUS could close on Feb 1st for an unknown duration
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33947842-post27.html

mlin32 Jan 31, 2022 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Amrikibibaris (Post 33947868)
I'm flying back there very soon and will ask in connection with my return flight at the end of February.
I note that the PP website reads: "Hours:Daily, 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.(subject to space constraints)," with the boldface being mine.
I've never noticed any arguments at the lounge counter about access by non-AF/KL/Icelandic Air PAX due to "space constraints," but I might not have been paying attention, especially those times I was forced to sit on the floor.
The lounge does tend to "flush out" a bit as the KL and Icelandic Air flights depart, which tends to support the notion that most folks in the lounge are flying those airlines. That usually leaves little respite for remaining AF clients, assuming the outgoing flight is on time, since the three airlines' early evening flights depart one right after the other. When I could, and when I wasn't hoping for an upgrade to P, the best time to use the lounge (and IAD in general) was for the later AF flight to CDG. We'll see if that resumes as AF hopes this spring.
One thing I've noted since travel picked up again in 2021 is that AF/KL PAX are checking in much earlier at IAD than pre-pandemic. As a consequence, the lounge fills up faster and stays full longer.

Since a couple weeks ago, the AF flights to/from IAD have been pushed later by about 2h (the return flight is now AF57). I wonder the reasoning behind this. It does allow AF/KLM to use just one gate and helps ease the crowd at the check-in and lounge. Time will tell if the schedule change is permanent.

Amrikibibaris Feb 1, 2022 4:01 am

Originally Posted by mlin32 (Post 33950481)
Since a couple weeks ago, the AF flights to/from IAD have been pushed later by about 2h (the return flight is now AF57). I wonder the reasoning behind this. It does allow AF/KLM to use just one gate and helps ease the crowd at the check-in and lounge. Time will tell if the schedule change is permanent.

I intend to ask this question, although I would note that my booking for a round trip in April/May shows flight times and numbers per what they have been in the past.

One thing I haven't done is check whether the promised additional, later evening flights are back on the schedule. What was always nice about the later flights was that they flew when both CDG and IAD were not "at peak" in terms of congestion at check-in, security/immigration processing, and "lounging." Arriving back at CDG was also less of a goat rope in terms of PAF (which is important in these days that AdP has erased the SP lines at PAF on arrival) and baggage delivery, plus rush hour traffic into Paris had largely peaked.

The downsides were no P cabin on the later flights and the hassles of timing the return of my rental car to avoid overcharges.

But it's nice not to have to worry about seating in the lounge and possibly to take advantage of the "night service" food option.

mlin32 Feb 1, 2022 4:53 am

Indeed the later flight AF27 that previously flew before Covid was far more ideal for the reasons you mentioned : lounge less crowded, enregistrement easier, arrival after peak early morning hours at CDG, etc...and for me easier to sleep.

AF shows that flight as a placeholder with an A350 after Avril but that's probably just a placeholder, since schedules >2 months out thesedays are subject to change.

maalloc Feb 5, 2022 1:56 am

Vouchers are now officially offered in LYS, and can be self-printed at kiosks.
No need to queue to get them, and AF is even proactively sending text messages to inform of the situation :tu:

Wiki updated.

Goldorak Feb 5, 2022 8:13 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 33965604)
Vouchers are now officially offered in LYS, and can be self-printed at kiosks.
No need to queue to get them, and AF is even proactively sending text messages to inform of the situation :tu:

Wiki updated.

Nice improvement :tu:

jerry_greece Feb 8, 2022 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 33949910)
An info posted in another thread / forum indicates that the Hugo Junkers lounge in DUS could close on Feb 1st for an unknown duration
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33947842-post27.html

Info from pax is that they do offer a voucher of 15 euro for status/business pax.

Smuffe Feb 12, 2022 10:10 am

ARN T2, Sweden (10/02/2022)

Sweden
- ARN (T2) : airport lounge (Aurora Menzies). More info here.

Both lounges at Terminal 2 are closed.
The Air France/KLM lounge between security and the café is "open" for seating with seats but is other than that closed and empty.
According to the check in agent it/they are being renovated and refurbished.

Terminal 2 as a terminal has a small shop and one of the worlds most expensive airport "cafe's" open. Everything else is for now closed.

feederflight Feb 12, 2022 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Smuffe (Post 33985818)
Sweden
- ARN (T2) : airport lounge (Aurora Menzies). More info here.

Both lounges at Terminal 2 are closed.
The Air France/KLM lounge between security and the café is "open" for seating with seats but is other than that closed and empty.
According to the check in agent it/they are being renovated and refurbished.

Terminal 2 as a terminal has a small shop and one of the worlds most expensive airport "cafe's" open. Everything else is for now closed.

Menzies Aurora Lounge in ARN Terminal 2 (which is used by AFKL) is open since today, timings are 8:30 until 19:00 daily. Offerings were Lounge standard with full breakfast display, including hot and cold breakfast items.

remymartin Feb 13, 2022 2:48 am

Originally Posted by feederflight (Post 33986675)
Menzies Aurora Lounge in ARN Terminal 2 (which is used by AFKL) is open since today, timings are 8:30 until 19:00 daily. Offerings were Lounge standard with full breakfast display, including hot and cold breakfast items.

Is Sleepy Bulldog still on tap?

feederflight Feb 13, 2022 3:08 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 33987355)
Is Sleepy Bulldog still on tap?

It seems like nothing changed compared to pre Covid. Since it was early in the day, my focus was more on the coffee machine :D :D

They had a few beers on tap it seems, including Norrland and Heineken, IIRC.

thrwwrtlvsn Feb 13, 2022 5:20 pm

Is the lounge in BKK still closed due to COVID?

Goldorak Feb 13, 2022 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by thrwwrtlvsn (Post 33989002)
Is the lounge in BKK still closed due to COVID?

yes, apparently :mad: