FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

stimpy Apr 13, 2022 8:41 am

LYS T2 is being renovated and AF is moving all flights to T1 starting on May 31st. Today I received an email from AF about a summer reservation I have that it will be from T1. So I wonder if we will get a lounge in T1? Probably not an AF lounge, but maybe access to one of the airport run lounges which are excellent.

maalloc Apr 13, 2022 8:45 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 34161500)
LYS T2 is being renovated and AF is moving all flights to T1 starting on May 31st. Today I received an email from AF about a summer reservation I have that it will be from T1. So I wonder if we will get a lounge in T1? Probably not an AF lounge, but maybe access to one of the airport run lounges which are excellent.

For 2 years, I’ve been told we could use the ST lounge in T1 after the transition… So the answer is probably yes. I don’t see AF providing no lounge access forever in the 4th French airport.

Its on par with the old-new T2 lounge.

stimpy Apr 13, 2022 8:54 am

Originally Posted by maalloc (Post 34161511)
For 2 years, I’ve been told we could use the ST lounge in T1 after the transition… So the answer is probably yes. I don’t see AF no providing lounges in the 4th French airport.

Its on par with the old-new T2 lounge.

Ugh. So a Patio lounge? I was hoping for better.

maalloc Apr 13, 2022 9:08 am

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 34161547)
Ugh. So a Patio lounge? I was hoping for better.

Hear ya.

Still beats a random coffee voucher.

saraoutou Apr 13, 2022 9:45 am

I hope it will be a different place because the Confluence lounge have 90 seats (that's 10 more than the AF lounge in T2); as AF KL IB TP LH OS SN J and Elite and paid guest will use the lounge otherwise !

Eagle2000 Apr 13, 2022 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34116415)
For your 1st question, you have all info in the wiki. For your 2nd question, you have to stay in 2E and use one of the lounges there. In 99% of cases, LHR flights are from K. With a 6hrs layover, you may want to try the L or M lounges that are nicer. It may involve a bit of discussions with security guys who will tell you you are in the wrong concourse and will be reluctant to let you go through.

Just a follow up,

I tried to go to concourse "M" and "L" , explained (sweet talk) to security that I had a long layover but it all fell upon deaf ears,lol.

In any case I didn't mind "K" lounge at all. I actually liked the right dark side as it was cooler, less crowded and no wait for the showers. The sun was blaring into the left side and to me it was uncomfortably warm. I don't know what it is but everything in France tastes better, from their potato chips to bread, even though it was cheap lounge food!

Goldorak Apr 13, 2022 4:07 pm

CDG 2G is reopening today (14/04), so I suppose AF 2G lounge is reopening also.

Bullspread Apr 13, 2022 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34162859)

starting from Apt 21th for the main bulk of AF flights

mlin32 Apr 14, 2022 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34162859)

Oh that's bad news for those of us regularly on Hop ! flights (I guess I may be the only one) who now have to take that shuttle bus for any sort of correspondance :(

Solevita Apr 14, 2022 4:32 am

Originally Posted by mlin32 (Post 34163788)
Oh that's bad news for those of us regularly on Hop ! flights (I guess I may be the only one) who now have to take that shuttle bus for any sort of correspondance :(

Haven't the HOP flights been mostly parking at 2G and then everybody gets bussed to 2F, making it only convenient for 2F connections? Saying that my last HOP flight was parked at 2E, but it was still a bus from 2F -> 2E.

mlin32 Apr 14, 2022 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Solevita (Post 34163903)
Haven't the HOP flights been mostly parking at 2G and then everybody gets bussed to 2F, making it only convenient for 2F connections? Saying that my last HOP flight was parked at 2E, but it was still a bus from 2F -> 2E.

I was arriving and departing from 2F for a pleasant change.

Only time I took a bus was when the depart was from 2E-M after passport control.

NOLAnwGOLD Apr 15, 2022 2:00 am

Can't wait to check out the LAX T2/3 new Delta SkyClub that open's 4/20! Will be on an AF flight that weekend so will definitely head to T2/3 and bus over from the T1.5 area to TBIT 200s, rather than the KE lounge....has the hours extended now so that it covers the later AF flights? Also, any updates on the LAX AF TBIT 200s lounge opening? I recall an April 2022 date...

criced Apr 17, 2022 1:17 pm

At WAW today; Fantasija still closed. Preludium in the basement open för AF-pax.

mlin32 Apr 18, 2022 1:23 pm

Small update : the lounge in FRA now has a small selection of hot food and other items, so not as dire as it was a few months ago. And also masks are no longer required in the terminal, right up to the moment you get on the aircraft.

Stil Apr 24, 2022 7:24 pm

Can anybody confirm that the 2G lounge is open?
I have a BLL flight in 2 weeks, which I'll bet money on beparting from 2G.