FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France Frequence Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus-376/)
-   -   Air France lounges and contract lounges master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plus/1642007-air-france-lounges-contract-lounges-master-thread.html)

Goldorak Apr 28, 2024 1:48 pm

MRS - Marseille
Please note that, as per AF site, MRS lounge is closed for renovation until June 2024.

Goldorak Apr 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by EYrevanchist (Post 36194890)
Is it possible to buy access to Air France's First Class lounge in Paris if I have two Business class flights - which do not have a First Class cabin?

If the route you fly is not served at all with P* and if you have flown a revenue P flight during the last 12 months. Subject to capacity control.

* for instance, if you fly to JFK, you are not eligible at all because some flights operate with P.

EYrevanchist Apr 29, 2024 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 36194952)
If the route you fly is not served at all with P* and if you have flown a revenue P flight during the last 12 months. Subject to capacity control.

* for instance, if you fly to JFK, you are not eligible at all because some flights operate with P.

Abu Dhabi to Boston. No F on either route. How do you add the lounge? call up? Is there a link?

Yolow Apr 29, 2024 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 36193874)
I visited this lounge for the 2nd time recently. Last year (1st time), for the evening AF flight, I was not directed specifically for downstairs or upstairs by the lounge dragon and it was super crowed (like on your pictures) and had to find a seat. 2nd recent visit : I was flying on the 1st (afternoon departing) AF flight and I was specifically directed to the upstairs area. It's clearly more pleasant upstairs and it never got too crowded. The food offering was really minimal & bad. The bar is the best asset of the lounge. Overall, quite a bad lounge. I miss the Amex & Gold lounges in GRU.

Indeed it is une totale misère.
The first floor is reserved for La Première and business pax flying AF/KL whereas the ground floor is also accessible to some credit cards holders C6 Bank/Inter/Sisprim/Credicoamo and Priority Pass/LoungeKey/Visa Airport Companion.
The only advantage is to be very close to the boarding gates.

Goldorak Apr 29, 2024 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by EYrevanchist (Post 36196753)
Abu Dhabi to Boston. No F on either route. How do you add the lounge? call up? Is there a link?

you need to call La Première line to book.

zoechow Apr 29, 2024 9:15 pm

I hope this is the right place to ask for an update and overall advice on AF business departing LAX TBIT.

1. Are they still contracting with oneworld so that I should have access to that rather than KE?

2. Is it better and possible to use the skyteam lounge apparently in T3?

3. I thought I read somewhere there is a special check in facility delta has, "delta one" in t3, with its own TSA and takes you to the ST lounge. Can AF J passengers use this really? Does anyone know if it is worth it/ better? (Compare to pre-check at TBIT).

TIA

Goldorak Apr 29, 2024 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by zoechow (Post 36198438)
I hope this is the right place to ask for an update and overall advice on AF business departing LAX TBIT.

1. Are they still contracting with oneworld so that I should have access to that rather than KE?

2. Is it better and possible to use the skyteam lounge apparently in T3?

3. I thought I read somewhere there is a special check in facility delta has, "delta one" in t3, with its own TSA and takes you to the ST lounge. Can AF J passengers use this really? Does anyone know if it is worth it/ better? (Compare to pre-check at TBIT).

TIA

1) yes
2) better, I don't know. Certainly not wortth the hassle to switch terminal IMHO. Possible ? in theory yes and some have done it before. But access to DL lounges is becoming more and more challenging for their own pax as well as for ST pax, so what was possible before may not be possible anymore.
3) you have to check-in with AF in TBIT. You can't check-in with DL.

dancefreak Apr 30, 2024 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 36198667)
1) yes
2) better, I don't know. Certainly not wortth the hassle to switch terminal IMHO. Possible ? in theory yes and some have done it before. But access to DL lounges is becoming more and more challenging for their own pax as well as for ST pax, so what was possible before may not be possible anymore.
3) you have to check-in with AF in TBIT. You can't check-in with DL.

2- less hassle now that you can walk airside between the two.

jinobi May 2, 2024 11:14 am

When I was at LAX TBIT for AF in 10/2023:
1) Still received OW lounge access.
2) Yes, I greatly preferred the Delta SkyClub lounge at T3, ST J will give you access
3) Can't check in at Delta One (T3 Arrivals level), have to check-in and hand off baggage at AF TBIT. After, I walked to T3 Arrivals to use D1 check-in, just to experience the facility (just show your AF J boarding pass at the doors). It was the quickest, most private TSA screening I had at TBIT, and it was directly connected to the SkyClub. Used the new T3-TBIT connector post-security to walk over when it was time to board.

zoechow May 3, 2024 4:51 am

Another experience data point the other day: Overall I thought it nice to use the D1 entry and use skyclub instead of OW lounge (which AF still contracts with).

A note: I find it ambiguous, if (having checked in online and no checked bags, if you are supposed to report to the AF desk anyway to have passport physically scanned. I have been called to the gate before - I think that was when I paid AA for a ticket on Air Tahiti Nui. Anyway, on AF I did so at TBIT just to be sure, as I wasn't sure if I'd stay in skyclub in T3 and not hear myself called to the gate if needed.

Walked and had trivially easy to access LAX Delta One entry with AF business ticket to CDG. Agent looked at boarding pass for 10 seconds and said out loud "business, business, go on in".

Somewhere I read someone say a downside might be having to argue to get access to the skyclub, but, first, access to the D1 entry was trivial with AF J ticket, and it connects directly into lounge. No problems there.

I happen to like to walk before long flight. Very confused by people who count that as a negative, but, to each their own.

Another aim for my was less stressful TSA, and it was less stressful but training in process -- slow. On walkway to TBIT the pre check at TBIT seemed basically as good. Privilege to have access to either, really.

Skyclub was nice. To order taco bar seemed better than food at OW which I checked out. Maybe OW is better selection of hot food in those metal warm serving trays, but I like to-order. Didn't use showers at OW but I like Skyclub automated check in for showers. I wasn't used to having to manually lock the shower door -- thought they all locked themselves.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Goldorak May 3, 2024 5:02 am

Originally Posted by zoechow (Post 36206883)
Another experience data point the other day: Overall I thought it nice to use the D1 entry and use skyclub instead of OW lounge (which AF still contracts with).

A note: I find it ambiguous, if (having checked in online and no checked bags, if you are supposed to report to the AF desk anyway to have passport physically scanned. I have been called to the gate before - I think that was when I paid AA for a ticket on Air Tahiti Nui. Anyway, on AF I did so at TBIT just to be sure, as I wasn't sure if I'd stay in skyclub in T3 and not hear myself called to the gate if needed.

Walked and had trivially easy to access LAX Delta One entry with AF business ticket to CDG. Agent looked at boarding pass for 10 seconds and said out loud "business, business, go on in".

Somewhere I read someone say a downside might be having to argue to get access to the skyclub, but, first, access to the D1 entry was trivial with AF J ticket, and it connects directly into lounge. No problems there.

I happen to like to walk before long flight. Very confused by people who count that as a negative, but, to each their own.

Another aim for my was less stressful TSA, and it was less stressful but training in process -- slow. On walkway to TBIT the pre check at TBIT seemed basically as good. Privilege to have access to either, really.

Skyclub was nice. To order taco bar seemed better than food at OW which I checked out. Maybe OW is better selection of hot food in those metal warm serving trays, but I like to-order. Didn't use showers at OW but I like Skyclub automated check in for showers. I wasn't used to having to manually lock the shower door -- thought they all locked themselves.

Thanks for reporting here. Datapoints are always useful to the community.:)

gstork May 3, 2024 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by zoechow (Post 36206883)

We used the dedicated downstairs D1 checkin at T3 on an Air France business ticket last Sep. Since we had only carryon bags it wasn’t an issue, and no need to checkin at TBIT. We were the only pax at security and it was very quick. Dedicated elevator up to the back entrance of the Delta Skyclub, so no wait. All in all, we were seated in the Skyclub less than 10 mins from entering the D1 checkin. We enjoyed the air-side walk to TBIT and on to the far gate in the mid-field terminal where AF flights leave from before the long haul flight. Will do again next month.

sorefoot May 3, 2024 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by triprimnobler (Post 36158940)
Morning All. In regard to the 1903 Lounge at Bristol Airport. The lounge remains open (I am currently in it, accessed as FB Platinum). Having spoken to the manager, the 1903 will be rebranded as Escape+, and from the 1st May will be used exclusively for frequent flyer tiers and business passengers.

There are future plans to move the (what will be Escape+) across the concourse towards airside - no timeframe on this yet.

Just in the BRS lounge now - nothing’s changed except it’s by invitation only. Still branded as 1903.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7fbf0ce59.jpeg

Goldorak May 4, 2024 8:23 pm

Skyteam lounge in IST destroyed by fire 🔥 !

Skyteam lounge in IST has been severely damaged by a fire :eek: and is closed indefinitely for the renovation.
https://liveandletsfly.com/skyteam-l...fire-istanbul/
This article says pax can use the IGA lounge during the renovation.

msat May 5, 2024 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 36210680)
Skyteam lounge in IST has been severely damaged by a fire :eek: and is closed indefinitely for the renovation.
https://liveandletsfly.com/skyteam-l...fire-istanbul/
This article says pax can use the IGA lounge during the renovation.

Is it just me or is the firefighters' demeanour rather pedestrian given the nature of the situation (i.e. are structure on fire situated within another building)?