Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC cost cutting going to far?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by acysb87
Will get to witness 1st hand the BOB for YYZ/BGI this winter.Flights are catered for both directions with o/b at 8:45am and return at 4pm.
Imagine what will be avaiable for the 5 hour return flight.The previous supplied meals were always overdone.
You'd better stock up on fried flying fish on a cutter!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: AC E75K 2MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
I will pay for J in NA in the unlikely situation where:

a) my flight pass upgrade does not clear;
b) I cannot use a cert;
c) I am not on an RJ/Dash 8

But that has not happened for a long long time.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Simon

...........But that has not happened for a long long time.
My observation as well.Things have worked out OK.

I have 4 transcons upcoming and all is comfy in J.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It this thread is a sample survey;conclusion 90% J pax are coach fares with upgrades.

I am with AC on this one. If you are not paying premium cabin fare why the hell should you expect premium Class soft product.
You are already getting comfort.
The pass product from what I read on this forum is slight more higher than T+ fare.
AC should charge for meals and drinks in premium cabin.

If a J pax has paid premium cabin fare: Z,C,other discounted Business class fare or full J fare, Free meal & drinks and entertainment.
Infrastructure is in place for coach,where lattitde fares get free meals.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Sep 28, 2007 at 7:46 pm
Old Sep 28, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
AC should charge for meals and drinks in J.
If they were to charge, they would need to improve the quality (or the selection, at the very least).
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:27 pm

It this thread is a sample survey;conclusion 90% J pax are coach fares with upgrades.

I am with AC on this one. If you are not paying J-Fare, why the hell should you expect J-Class soft product.
The pass product from what I read on this forum is slight more higher than T+ fare.
AC should charge for meals and drinks in J.

If a J pax has paid J fare, Free meal & drinks and entertainment.
The next part will be if the passenger has used AP reward travel--they get nothing since they have not paid for J. If they are on C or Z since it is not full J they will be paying a percentage of the food and entertainment. This really keeps getting ridiculous.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by ac777
The next part will be if the passenger has used AP reward travel--they get nothing since they have not paid for J. If they are on C or Z since it is not full J they will be paying a percentage of the food and entertainment. This really keeps getting ridiculous.
When I said "J", I meant premium paid fare. Z,C,J.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Sep 28, 2007 at 7:51 pm
Old Sep 28, 2007, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Give the head a shake.
Old Sep 28, 2007, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Now, I am in a chicken and egg game. I stopped paying for premium J fare because AC cut services on board. Because I only use upgrades to get to J, AC cuts premium service on board. Oh, the dilemma!!!!
Old Sep 28, 2007, 11:39 pm

AC domestic Business Class is fast becoming the new "Y". And the old Y is "No Class".

More reason to fly Porter
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am with AC on this one. If you are not paying premium cabin fare why the hell should you expect premium Class soft product.

If a J pax has paid premium cabin fare: Z,C,other discounted Business class fare or full J fare, Free meal & drinks and entertainment.
Next thing you know,you will have to fly AC metal to get top AC status
Old Sep 30, 2007, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I'm sure if AC had their way this would have already been implemented.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:26 pm

I am all for it if AC will not give comp comfirmed premium cabin seat using "J" booking class.The pass holders already enjoy lower fares for coughing up the funds upfront.

I have already started lobbying AC to require 50% of SE status miles be on paid premium cabin fares on AC Metal Only which will bring in more$$$$$ than purly AC Metal.
In addition it will be within the *A T&C, since there will be no restriction how the other 50% status is gained.

Raise the Elite to 50K in line with other *A. For this increase enhance the Elite Benefits.

This will ensure that premium cabins are bringing in cold hard cash.
Return on the investment : Buying 777 and Refurbishing the fleet.
Will Keep the Bean Counters happy.

With 777 coming on line YVR-SYD in DEC, if AC coordinates YVR-Europe Schedule to SYD-YVR, AC can pick-up paid premium class traffic from OZ -Europe. Another alternative to the lurcative Kangaroo Route.
A$ is very strong. The Australia & Asian economies have never been stronger than they are now.
AC should tap into this gold mine.

To attract International memberships from Australia & Asia where companies typically cough up premium class fares for middle management, improve and enhance the SE benefits.

With 50% of the SE status pegged to premium fares only, the bean counters would be less likely to object to enhanced benefits.

I will continue lobbying and hammering away until someone at AC listens.

Hope you will start lobbying for 50% SE qualification be pegged to premium fare on AC Metal only.

I believe this would make the AC apologists who feel that AC is giving away SE status very happy if 50% of SE status pegged to Premium Fares on AC Metal. I hope they will join me in lobbying for this change

Last edited by yyzprincess; Sep 30, 2007 at 2:35 pm
Old Sep 30, 2007, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I am all for it if AC will not give comp comfirmed premium cabin seat using "J" booking class.The pass holders already enjoy lower fares for coughing up the funds upfront.

I have already started lobbying AC to require 50% of SE status miles be on paid premium cabin fares on AC Metal Only which will bring in more$$$$$ than purly AC Metal.
In addition it will be within the *A T&C, since there will be no restriction how the other 50% status is gained.

Raise the Elite to 50K in line with other *A. For this increase enhance the Elite Benefits.

This will ensure that premium cabins are bringing in cold hard cash.
Return on the investment : Buying 777 and Refurbishing the fleet.
Will Keep the Bean Counters happy.

With 777 coming on line YVR-SYD in DEC, if AC coordinates YVR-Europe Schedule to SYD-YVR, AC can pick-up paid premium class traffic from OZ -Europe. Another alternative to the lurcative Kangaroo Route.
A$ is very strong. The Australia & Asian economies have never been stronger than they are now.
AC should tap into this gold mine.

To attract International memberships from Australia & Asia where companies typically cough up premium class fares for middle management, improve and enhance the SE benefits.

With 50% of the SE status pegged to premium fares only, the bean counters would be less likely to object to enhanced benefits.

I will continue lobbying and hammering away until someone at AC listens.

Hope you will start lobbying for 50% SE qualification be pegged to premium fare on AC Metal only.

I believe this would make the AC apologists who feel that AC is giving away SE status very happy if 50% of SE status pegged to Premium Fares on AC Metal. I hope they will join me in lobbying for this change

This may have a lot of SE's leaving AC as it is hardly worth it to fly over 100K on AC only to get E. Face it, Canadians are never going to be likely to pay huge dollars for a premium product.
Old Sep 30, 2007, 3:23 pm

AC has no competition in Canada--so they can do whatever they like and get away with it. If AC wants a PPS type level--they can do it but it has to be with a significantly enhanced benefits. Other than SQ ( which has watered down the PPS) does any other airline have this extra level? I think yyzprincess is being unrealistic when she does not define premium--does it mean ONLY J/C/Z--so the people who fly Jazz with no J/C/Z seats will not be allowed to get SE status?Or does it include latitude fare? Or will she say that only pasengers out of YYZ should get SE status? If the SE is getting SE it is because they are paying for it. In the same vein they should give Starwood Platinum and Hilton Diamond etc to those who have stayed at least 50% of the time on rack rate? Also, why not say that AC will give FF points ONLY on AC and not on any other *A flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.