Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WhisperjetYYZ
If another Strike involving this date takes place, what’s your advice / thoughts on options/strategies?

I am continuing later that day on TP from AMS to LIS departing at 1745
If you decide to take the train, you need to make sure the DUS-FRA-AMS segments get deleted, which can be problematic if you're still checked in - I ran in to this last year. AC couldn't re-book me until an LH agent offloaded me from the flight, even though LH had cancelled the flight altogether (because the flight was cancelled, I couldn't cancel my own check-in).

You could ask Aeroplan to re-book you on some alternate routing that's still available, e.g. DUS-LIS non-stop, or DUS-ZRH-LIS. Since it's IRROPs, they might be able to do something like that without being constrained by reward space. They might also be closed while this is happening or tell you to deal with LH since LH caused the disruption.

As for what LH might be able to do for you if you walk up to the counter in DUS after they cancel the flight, you would need to ask the LH forum.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:50 am

ACA8478 YVR-YZF struck by lightning departing YVR yesterday.
Grounded in YZF with a related maintenance issue.
I do have a picture of the damage which I'll post when I figure out what it is.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/c-fjfz
Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:26 pm

Either IRROPS or a self upgrading passenger.

Flight diverts to BDA.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/ROU1879/history/20240306/2045Z/TLPL/TXKF
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by andy12345
sports1 you are correct regarding NZ148, but because of NZ146 cancellation, in AC system it still showed AC6115

Now in BNE waiting for CI53 boarding, surprisingly all three flights are all on time or slightly early.
Very interesting, that probably helped your case in a rebooking then. Always interested to hear DPs where IRROPS resulted in an airline booking on a non-alliance/competitor, and the circumstances behind why.

Originally Posted by A to Z
From Experflyer:
Spoiler

To my knowledge, OPER is one of the few cancellation reasons that is eligible for APPR compensation. You should be able to get $400 compensation by submitting a request, no questions asked.
Definitely best of luck to anyone trying to claim APPR, regardless of reason validity. Burden of proof is on the airline, which they're not required to offer (and trust me, they can and will BS you) unless in a court of law (e.g. small claims court).
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Cancelled AC857 LHR-YYZ 15 Mar 24

Son’s flight was canceled. Can someone with EF access post the screenshot of why? He was already en route to airport in LIS so will land at LHR 12 hours before his rescheduled new flight. New LHR-YYZ will arrive YYZ too late to make final connection to MSP. Overnight at YYZ.

Can you all help with some questions?

is best place to get help in Heathrow the AC lounge? He is in J. Can agents there make changes? He is arriving from LIS on TP. Will AC lounge be easy to get to?

Can he check his cabin bag at LHR so he can go into London for the afternoon? I assume yes Where can he go to check it for onward travel?

Can I go ahead and book him at YYZ Sheraton so he doesn’t have to wait around for voucher and have to take a shuttle? Will be 2AM. Cc has delay insurance but I’d prefer AC pay since they are the ones who canceled flight.

If he prefers to spend tonight in London and reschedule both legs to tomorrow does that change anything WRT to collecting compensation for cancellation? He was informed only 10 hours before flight.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Inbound AC852 was cancelled for "perf" after earlier operational controls and waiting for standby aircraft

As a result AC857 lhr-yyz was cancelled DELAY 03 FLIGHT CANCELLED 2020 TECH
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:33 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Here is a screenshot from EF:

kalderlake likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by expert7700
Inbound AC852 was cancelled for "perf" after earlier operational controls and waiting for standby aircraft

Thanks. I was just able to go back to see the two previous flights were canceled also YUL-YYZ-LHR. Shouldn’t they have a plan to substitute aircraft in a situation like this?

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Here is a screenshot from EF:

Thanks. I want to have as data as possible for filing APPR.

Given the two prior flights with this tail number were also canceled, I would’ve thought they’d send a different aircraft.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Given the two prior flights with this tail number were also canceled, I would’ve thought they’d send a different aircraft.
You would think so, provided they have one sitting on the tarmac to fly to LHR. Here are the details from EF for the inbound flight AC852 (there is no record in EF for AC7057 YUL-YYZ):

Depending on when your son is arriving at his original destination, look into compensation under EU261/2004, which was also adopted by the UK after the Brexit. Given that he is travelling more than 3,500 km, compensation of EUR 600 / GBP 520 applies.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
You would think so, provided they have one sitting on the tarmac to fly to LHR. Here are the details from EF for the inbound flight AC852 (there is no record in EF for AC7057 YUL-YYZ):

Depending on when your son is arriving at his original destination, look into compensation under EU261/2004, which was also adopted by the UK after the Brexit. Given that he is travelling more than 3,500 km, compensation of EUR 600 / GBP 520 applies.
Thanks. Now his rescheduled flight is canceled and he’s overnighting in London. He is not happy. So now on the return, two of his TATL AC flights have been canceled. I was thinking APPR would be better with CAD1000 vs EUR 600. I’m intensely frustrated bc a considerable amount of our own Europe vacation has been spent dealing with the 3-day delayed bag, the inbound IRROPS with 10 hours late and now this. He’s 21 and savvy and smart but he’s alone and exhausted. I’m pretty peeved with AC right now.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you decide to take the train, you need to make sure the DUS-FRA-AMS segments get deleted, which can be problematic if you're still checked in - I ran in to this last year. AC couldn't re-book me until an LH agent offloaded me from the flight, even though LH had cancelled the flight altogether (because the flight was cancelled, I couldn't cancel my own check-in).

You could ask Aeroplan to re-book you on some alternate routing that's still available, e.g. DUS-LIS non-stop, or DUS-ZRH-LIS. Since it's IRROPs, they might be able to do something like that without being constrained by reward space. They might also be closed while this is happening or tell you to deal with LH since LH caused the disruption.

As for what LH might be able to do for you if you walk up to the counter in DUS after they cancel the flight, you would need to ask the LH forum.
After waiting 2hrs for a call - back I had a great AP CSR who, after checking with higher-ups confirmed
that once a Travel Advisory is in place they will rebook whatever route/carrier they can to get me to final destination.
As an example she said there was an option on Air Serbia thru Belgrade that she could access in order to avoid another option that involved an over-night.
And she warned me to NOT check-in for the flights for the reasons that Adam mentioned in his post.
Fingers crossed there'll be no strike action on 25 March !
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
My afternoon BOS to YYZ flight AC771 delayed and changed from an A220 to an A321. Never took a flight of this route with a plane larger than an A220 and got pretty surprised.

At least the J seat will be wider.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
AC8192 YVR-YQR on a CRJ was cancelled and upgauged to A320 operating as AC2162 on Mar 17.

Surprised with the change.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:28 am

Can anyone tell me where in EF I can get another flight delay cause? I have an account though currently lapsed bc haven’t needed until now. AC2157 on 3/15 was delayed 10 hours (departed 3/16 ultimately).
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by expert7700

So does this sound like "within airline control"? I'm not familiar enough with the codes and what they mean. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.