FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:10 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
You would think so, provided they have one sitting on the tarmac to fly to LHR. Here are the details from EF for the inbound flight AC852 (there is no record in EF for AC7057 YUL-YYZ):

Depending on when your son is arriving at his original destination, look into compensation under EU261/2004, which was also adopted by the UK after the Brexit. Given that he is travelling more than 3,500 km, compensation of EUR 600 / GBP 520 applies.
Thanks. Now his rescheduled flight is canceled and he’s overnighting in London. He is not happy. So now on the return, two of his TATL AC flights have been canceled. I was thinking APPR would be better with CAD1000 vs EUR 600. I’m intensely frustrated bc a considerable amount of our own Europe vacation has been spent dealing with the 3-day delayed bag, the inbound IRROPS with 10 hours late and now this. He’s 21 and savvy and smart but he’s alone and exhausted. I’m pretty peeved with AC right now.