FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPs - Cancellation / Delay / Diversion etc. WITHIN 48 HOURS of departure (2024)
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:35 pm
WhisperjetYYZ

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If you decide to take the train, you need to make sure the DUS-FRA-AMS segments get deleted, which can be problematic if you're still checked in - I ran in to this last year. AC couldn't re-book me until an LH agent offloaded me from the flight, even though LH had cancelled the flight altogether (because the flight was cancelled, I couldn't cancel my own check-in).

You could ask Aeroplan to re-book you on some alternate routing that's still available, e.g. DUS-LIS non-stop, or DUS-ZRH-LIS. Since it's IRROPs, they might be able to do something like that without being constrained by reward space. They might also be closed while this is happening or tell you to deal with LH since LH caused the disruption.

As for what LH might be able to do for you if you walk up to the counter in DUS after they cancel the flight, you would need to ask the LH forum.
After waiting 2hrs for a call - back I had a great AP CSR who, after checking with higher-ups confirmed
that once a Travel Advisory is in place they will rebook whatever route/carrier they can to get me to final destination.
As an example she said there was an option on Air Serbia thru Belgrade that she could access in order to avoid another option that involved an over-night.
And she warned me to NOT check-in for the flights for the reasons that Adam mentioned in his post.
Fingers crossed there'll be no strike action on 25 March !