Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
The original forum lounge thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information – if it’s about AC/Aeroplan, it doesn’t belong in this thread. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may should be posted to the relevant forum, as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge, that doesn't mean that the FT rules don't apply here (they definitely do), please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities, and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

For those interested, previous versions are here: original 2004 - 2014 thread, 2015, 2016 , 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Moderator
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2024)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:19 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
That's what auto update is for. Why do this in a controlled manner when you could wake up surprised.​
Or just have your device reboot on you at a random time while you're in the middle of something?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Or just have your device reboot on you at a random time while you're in the middle of something?
Yeah, I hate it when that hap
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
One time my phone rebooted (not for an update) when I was 3 seconds away from showing my mobile boarding pass to TSA.

One of the many reasons I like paper.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I really should know better than to update my networking software from 7.x.x to 8.x.x, but it's just so tempting to click the upgrade button.

Maybe not the best thing to do when others are in the house though.
I'm notng for the record that there have been no posts from Bohemian1 for almost eight hours now. When should we start to get concerned?
canadiancow and YOWgary like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm notng for the record that there have been no posts from Bohemian1 for almost eight hours now. When should we start to get concerned?
I just got the power restored.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I just got the power restored.
I'm picturing about 150 IoT things suddenly having their first taste of the open internet (and realizing they are not alone on your network) as a part of a botched upgrade. Personal data soon to be for sale!
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by expert7700
I'm picturing about 150 IoT things suddenly having their first taste of the open internet (and realizing they are not alone on your network) as a part of a botched upgrade. Personal data soon to be for sale!
Not going to happen.

I told ChatGPT to reconfigure my routes and VLANs to optimize both security and throughput. I'm sure it will all be just fine.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:44 pm

Congratulations to the lastest Disciple of the Cove, Adam Smith !
Old Jan 9, 2024, 6:52 am

Programs: AC E75K *G
A program I use (and which I cannot configure any differently) mainly at the office has this one screen that is a bit too tall for the monitor, so I have to scroll up and down, which is obviously enraging.

If I get a higher resolution monitor (i.e. not just "bigger" necessarily but more pixels tall) is that likely to solve this problem?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Congratulations to the lastest Disciple of the Cove, Adam Smith !
I don't know, is achieving the absolute lowest possible status worth celebrating?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:36 pm

I don't know, is achieving the absolute lowest possible status worth celebrating?
Uh, you were previously an Initiate of the Cove.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:53 pm

Uh, you were previously an Initiate of the Cove.
Is it really status if it comes with no benefits and no bling?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:55 pm

Is it really status if it comes with no benefits and no bling?
Yes
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:57 pm

Yes
I don't know, if it's a status you get just got signing up, I don't think it matters much.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 2:24 pm

I don't know, if it's a status you get just got signing up, I don't think it matters much.
It requires you have a chapter. If you walk in the door and order a cocktail, you're a nobody.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.